SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

9 minutes ago, Dustin said:

So what’s it going to take to get it done this week?  Play our normal offense and play our best defense of the year? How does our offense compare to their defense?  How does their defense compare to our offense? 

Yards in the ground will be tough to come by.   Get the ball to playmakers and let them make plays.  Tommy is going to have to make the plays he has made all year. 

5 minutes ago, homer said:

Yards in the ground will be tough to come by.   Get the ball to playmakers and let them make plays.  Tommy is going to have to make the plays he has made all year. 

I agree.

This needs to be a Tommy game.  This needs to be a clean game on the offensive side of the ball

Defense needs to take their shots when they can:  No dropped interceptions, recover any loose balls, get to the QB.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, homer said:

So, use the passing game to open up the run?  That is something I feel our offense is capable of. 

Our offense has been humming most of the year but this is going to be a hell of a challenge. 

Janke twins are going to be a problem. Gotta make sure to finish our tackles on Davis. Kids strong as hell and keeps on churning his legs. Going to be interesting if Kraft plays. I’m guessing he doesn’t but who knows.

Can’t wait, let’s pack the Al. Get that same atmosphere as last year against NDSU. 

This game will be very interesting: Spring Season we looked as though we were to be run out of the place down 14-0 and we run a fake punt got a first and scored and momentum changed we won the game. 2021 a game I thought we would lose by 2 scores because at SDSU and they needed win for seeding, we were driving for the winning score but with lack of time forced costly pick ended the game. 

This is a winnable game.

As said before offensively we need to continue to what we do. And keep their offense off the field, if we can control the clock we can wear on their front 7. 

Defense will probably need to bend and not break and take chances with blitzes as they get inside the 40. This offense will be the best since SIU, hopefully crowd brings noise so we can generate a pass rush with 4. Defensive success will be dependent on the offense, if behind early SDSU can dictate tempo, if we have lead it may limit what they want and thus we can put guys in way better position to make plays.

Special teams need to win this. That’s is a big reason why we won against Youngstown and SDSU in the Spring Season. 

If we are a playoff or top 8 seed contender we should win, it’s difficult for a great team to win back to back tough road games against quality opponents.

22 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

If we are a playoff or top 8 seed contender we should win, it’s difficult for a great team to win back to back tough road games against quality opponents.

We should have a lot of advantages. Time to prove our mettle. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

So what’s it going to take to get it done this week?  Play our normal offense and play our best defense of the year? How does our offense compare to their defense?  How does their defense compare to our offense? 

Look back to their last visit here - that worked. Our QB is more seasoned, our running game is solid, special teams comes up with something big. 

27 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What are they talking about...our sideline celebrates anything?  Huh.  We have like the most behaved sideline in the league and it isn't close. 

Their's on the other hand....

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What are they talking about...our sideline celebrates anything?  Huh.  We have like the most behaved sideline in the league and it isn't close. 

Their's on the other hand....

Yeah I was confused by that. I’m all for celebrating though so doesn’t bother me. 

1 minute ago, Kab said:

As long as we are celebrating on the field after the game

does the ac hope for us this weekend ?

Yes, but they won't be the only ones. SIU is big fans of UND as well.

Since they don't play SDSU this year, their game in Carbondale against NDSU could be for at least a share of the Valley title.  If SDSU loses, SIU could win it outright if they win out. 

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I agree.

This needs to be a Tommy game.  This needs to be a clean game on the offensive side of the ball

Defense needs to take their shots when they can:  No dropped interceptions, recover any loose balls, get to the QB.

people keep using my words......

but yes...i wanna see a game where we play the cleanest game we've played ever...we'll need it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

people keep using my words......

but yes...i wanna see a game where we play the cleanest game we've played ever...we'll need it.

I'll add a copyright for you next time.

I think this is also a game where you get Belquist, Wilson, Smith, Maag out in space and let them make plays.  

This could also be a good game for Jack Wright to break out.

However, this all comes down to Tommy.  If he can put this a stat line of around 70% completion or higher, 300+ yards passing, 3+ TDs, makes a few plays with his legs, and zero picks... UND wins. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think this is also a game where you get Belquist, Wilson, Smith, Maag out in space and let them make plays.  

However, this all comes down to Tommy.  If he can put this a stat line of around 70% completion or higher, 300+ yards passing, 3+ TDs, makes a few plays with his legs, and zero picks... UND wins. 

Tommy will be there when we need him.  

What I don't want is to beat SDSU and then lose to NDSU and thus get the ac back to the top of the conference.  But I do agree with a previous poster that yesterday wasn't the ac's last lose on the year.

2 minutes ago, Going48 said:

Tommy will be there when we need him.  

What I don't want is to beat SDSU and then lose to NDSU and thus get the ac back to the top of the conference.  But I do agree with a previous poster that yesterday wasn't the ac's last lose on the year.

If that happen, SIU might win it outright then, if they take down NDSU and avoid any missteps

7 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Our offense has been humming most of the year but this is going to be a hell of a challenge. 

Janke twins are going to be a problem. Gotta make sure to finish our tackles on Davis. Kids strong as hell and keeps on churning his legs. Going to be interesting if Kraft plays. I’m guessing he doesn’t but who knows.

Can’t wait, let’s pack the Al. Get that same atmosphere as last year against NDSU. 

Agree with this - gonna need some bigs plays on O - don't see us grinding out 7 minute drives with 4 yard passes against them.  Their running game worries me; that RB is a load, not to mention the Jankes.  Forcing a TO or two is going to be a must.  Their QB didn't look as dynamic as I remember him pre-injuries.  

16 minutes ago, shep said:

Watching a replay of the SU's game yesterday. 

Davis is a beast. The LB's and DL's need their best game of the year.

Curious if Davis will play. But there didn't look too be a huge drop off with their backup Amar Johnson who carried the ball plenty last year when Davis waa dinged up. 

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Curious if Davis will play. But there didn't look too be a huge drop off with their backup Amar Johnson who carried the ball plenty last year when Davis waa dinged up. 

Just getting into the 2nd half.

When was he hurt?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

100% agree on tommy's legs...gonna have to extend some drives with his feet...but damnit he will have to hit the deep ball in this game...can't airball those throws

not sure what jack wright brings to the table ahead of the other wr's on the team...doesn't seem too fast, too athletic or really anything...

is he better than burian, nate, elijah, marcus?