SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I would also like it if the marching band and the canned music operator understand that when UND has the ball it is a home field advantage to not have excess noise when we are in our huddle. 

Sometime Tom Miller should ask Bubba about this.  If I was the head coach and it was an issue, I'd definitely be talking to someone about it and put a stop to it.  So makes me wonder if it really is an issue for our team and players, or is it in our heads.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Sometime Tom Miller should ask Bubba about this.  If I was the head coach and it was an issue, I'd definitely be talking to someone about it and put a stop to it.  So makes me wonder if it really is an issue for our team and players, or is it in our heads.  

I don't think it is the issue it is made out to be.
As someone previously mentioned, the speakers aren't pointed down towards the field. They can hear fine in the huddle and there clearly hasn't been much for false starts for UND this year or prior years that I would attribute to the noise.

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

UND is 17-1 in it's last 18 home games.  I don't think its an issue.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I think Bubba would prefer it to be quiet when they are on offense, but unless we are selling out the Al and there is demand for tickets he doesn't was to ruin the atmosphere in hopes that this keeps bringing fans back and attracts more fan's.  Besides they have only lost 1 time at home in the last few seasons so it must be be affecting the offense that much.

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND is 17-1 in it's last 18 home games.  I don't think its an issue.

I don't think it's that big of an issue either, but it continues to be brought up over and over. I think if it was an issue, Bubba would have taken care of it. 

17 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

That's exactly what I said over in the "What's needed at the Alerus" thread a few days ago.  It doesn't seem to be hurting our home field advantage over the last few seasons.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I would also like it if the marching band and the canned music operator understand that when UND has the ball it is a home field advantage to not have excess noise when we are in our huddle. 

Quit complaining about the band....they put in hard work. Alittle noise should not hurt the team they are playing football not golf!!!

• Downvote 2

I see a ref  went up into the band at a game and set the rules when they could play  during the game 

don't recall which game

i don't think the band bothers our team, tommy is all hand signals anyway , 

more frustrating when the alerus is playing stuff and the band is playing at the same time 

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Everyone needs to seriously stfu about this. My goodness you guys.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

How about when the ref is announcing the penalty they turn the canned music off so we can actually hear what he is saying.  Whether it's the band or the crappy music the pa guy plays, don't play it over the game happenings !

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I don't think it's that big of an issue either, but it continues to be brought up over and over. I think if it was an issue, Bubba would have taken care of it. 

The noise isn't as bad this year. Band stops playing as our Quarterback get to line of scrimmage.
The fans seem to have been schooled.

Much better than say 4 years ago.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I don't think it is the issue it is made out to be.
As someone previously mentioned, the speakers aren't pointed down towards the field. They can hear fine in the huddle and there clearly hasn't been much for false starts for UND this year or prior years that I would attribute to the noise.

This is true. The music isn't that noticeable field level, way different then if you were outdoors and speakers were installed on top of grandstands, or scoreboards. Just go to a convention on the floor of the Alerus, you can't hear any of the announcements or music but in the stands you can. Now I do know that the third downs are definitely noticed to be deafening when all the fans are yelling, and about only time music is noticed as its turned up as this has been stated by UND players and opponents in interviews before. Band was actually more annoying to visitors as their sidelines couldn't hear with the band right behind them.

17 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I guess I didn't realize they didn't play this anymore, but I always liked it.  Put it back up when they are kicking!

I would say put it back up on FG attempts.  Also on 3rd down put up the hawk eating the jack rabbit.  Leads to a sack or 3rd interception..

5 minutes ago, homer said:

When the Jacks line up to run power football, will we be able to stop them?   Not sure I have seen enough this year to be confident if we have 7-8 in the box.   

But will they run power? SDSU went to what was working against NDSU.

Against UND, I fear an air show. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

But will they run power? SDSU went to what was working against NDSU.

Against UND, I fear an air show. 

I feel going to the air is more risky than sticking on the ground.  It’s what NDSU tried last year and what kept it close.   When they needed to ice the game, they ran the ball.  

With the play of the defense so far, I’m not sure we can stop either. 

22 hours ago, CMSioux said:

YES!YES!YES!  A MILLION TIMES YES!  FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY!

• Upvote 1