SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

31 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

This probably isn't the time to be questioning people's priorities. It's one game, it's entertainment. Others have a life that includes job stress, kids, a PANDEMIC, dealing with deaths in their families, dealing with loss of relationships because of extreme political differences. You need to get your priorities in order. If this is more than a few hour release from the priorities of having a real life, then I feel sorry for you. 

Exactly. The game is sold out.  The general public doesn’t need to be told to get excited for this game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So the ESPN app always has the games available to re-watch. Does anyone know if these are available as soon as the game is over? Between youth hockey evaluations and youth soccer games I likely will not be able to sit an watch the whole game, but would prefer to just watch the whole thing uninterrupted in the evening.

Of course I'll be watching with my Bison in-laws, who can record the Bison production, which I'd prefer to avoid as well. Way rather listen to Heinert.

16 hours ago, bison73 said:

Dont understand it either. UND kept harping that this was the state rivalry.  Its importance and the history. Now you have the game in GF and its a nothing burger????????

Wow, it's almost like NDSU fans like to blow up how important they think an opposing school makes a single regular season game out to be. Have to maintain that illusion that you're everyone's Super Bowl in case of a letdown, amirite?

I'm not sure how you would look at it, other than it is the state rivalry? Do you see it differently? Tailgate lots will be full and the game is already a sell out. No need to make it out to be more than it already is.

16 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I am still absolutely baffled he hasn't left for bigger and better things. He is scary good.......

Depending on where he'd want to go...you'd be hard-pressed to find a better deal in the Dakotas than the UND set-up.  Obviously, he could go to a professional sports team or work for a national broadcaster in any major metro with enough sports to broadcast.  His spring and summers (April - August) are probably pretty light, which also seems like a pretty sweet deal.  Hopefully Midco is able to keep him around for a long time.

43 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You’re posting on a message board multiple times a week/day about this game and other things related to UND football. Why insult someone else and disingenuously shame another poster for doing what you clearly are doing yourself simply by posting about it here? We are all fans and probably spend too much time thinking about this. It’s fun, it’s an escape from all the real life things you mentioned. 

Not quite the same.  Bison guy was wondering why UND and their fans aren't making a bigger deal out of this game, like we are supposed to change everything and go crazy because it's NDSU.  It's week 4.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Not quite the same.  Bison guy was wondering why UND and their fans aren't making a bigger deal out of this game, like we are supposed to change everything and go crazy because it's NDSU.  It's week 4.  

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

You need to get your priorities in order. If this is more than a few hour release from the priorities of having a real life, then I feel sorry for you. 

He was personally shaming the bison poster and telling him he feels sorry for him for allowing a game to take up more if his life than a few hours. I understood the post perfectly, just thought it was hypocritical given we are all here doing something that if we had our priorities perfectly set this message board wouldn’t exist.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

He was personally shaming the bison poster and telling him he feels sorry for him for allowing a game to take up more if his life than a few hours. I understood the post perfectly, just thought it was hypocritical given we are all here doing something that if we had our priorities perfectly set this message board wouldn’t exist.

Two different subjects I guess. I get your point also, understood. 

4 more days!  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This was a good memory!!  Will be great to see Mooney inducted into the UND HOF on Saturday!!

I am surprised at how not loud it was given the situation.  I guess we've been accustomed to loud indoor stadiums for a long enough time.

18 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I am surprised at how not loud it was given the situation.  I guess we've been accustomed to loud indoor stadiums for a long enough time.

It was extremely loud.  The mic was cutting out but you can hear it every once in a while. Trust me, it was LOUD.  

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The line seems appropriate to me

Unfortunately, I agree with this. I'll be honest, this game doesn't look good for the good guys. Really just doesn't feel like this team has that special something that it will take to bring down the Bison. I don't hate anything we are bringing to the table, but I don't love it either. I still think this is a playoff caliber team if the OL continues to make strides and Otis can be Otis. Defense is pretty salty. I just don't think we have the dudes to keep up with NDSU

Can we run the ball is my question

can we stop their run game

i just don’t see us being successful for whatever reason, I want to see a leader out there that gets  the team and the crowd going

hope they prove me wrong 

I think we'll do better job than last year against their run game, but I think our young/inexperienced interior OL will lead to them limiting our success at consistently running the ball and we'll struggle to score more than 21 ish.   We are going to need some big plays and things to go right to get the W. 

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I'm worried that we won't be able to stop the run.  If we can force their QB to throw, he will throw some interceptions.  This guy will be a turnover machine through his career.  

NDSU OL / UND DL matchup is a legitimate concern, totally agree.   

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

The difference being taking time to post on another teams fan site just to poke them.