SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

Along the same lines as my thought process with Canady. Each week should be better than the previous week. Same goes with the O-Line. Only 1 player (Waletzko) had started at that position for UND at the beginning of the season. They probably won't be there yet, Week 4, but they should be much improved over Week 1/2. 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If the defense and the crowd can get into the mind of Patterson just a bit we've got a great chance.  

I expect to see quite a bit of running from him this week. Going to need to keep a spy on him or at least do something to keep him contained. 
I'd rather he beat UND with his arm than his legs.
Hoping Holinka has a few things drawn up, guessing he hasn't played against a 3-4 defense before.

31 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Is anyone else worried that the NDSU herd will take over the Alerus and give them the home field advantage or am I the only negative one here.....?

Judging by last weeks crowd I don’t think that will happen

i think a lot of champion members bought up tickets before they went on sale.

34 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I hope your right. I'll tip my cap to the Bison in that regard. Their fans are compared to the likes of UND hockey

Their fans are compared to the likes of UND hockey if you ignore the window licking, mouth breathing, and lack of proper hygeine habits of the average bison fan.:D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Is anyone else worried that the NDSU herd will take over the Alerus and give them the home field advantage or am I the only negative one here.....?

Not worried from a Attendance stand point, but am worried from a noise stand point.  Our crowd waits til 3rd down to make noise, theirs is loud the whole time on defense.  We need a passionate home crowd.  Make it difficult on their offense during their whole time on offense.

1 hour ago, Wright4UND said:

I think these are all good points/questions.  I definitely think it is a 10 to 14 point swing.  It seems that the team is more confident in Alerus.  I think the crowd should be rocking which will give the team some juice and hopefully give NDSU some issues with noise (crossing my fingers). 

Utah St. is going to have a good year.  They will probably end up 9-3 or 10-2 so that won't be a bad loss at the end of the year.  Blake Anderson is from the Art Briles coaching tree (Baylor staff for 2-3 years).  That is where I went to school so I followed them greatly.  It is a difficult offense to defend especially when they have good athletes in it.  NDSU's offense is totally different from Utah St.'s offense.  

The main question is can we stop the run?  If we can stop their run consistently and make them throw for first downs I think we will win.  We definitely have more beef up front this year at NG.  We have 3 guys that they can rotate at almost 300 pounds.  Can our LB's hold up against the pulling guards/tackle/TE?  I think their new qb is good but he isn't Lantz.  

I hope our crowd is loud and proud!  I assume it will be since it has been 18 years since the last home game vs NDSU.  I had trouble finding a hotel room so I assume a lot of fans are coming from out of town!  Hpefully UND fans.

You going to the game?

3 hours ago, Wright4UND said:

I think these are all good points/questions.  I definitely think it is a 10 to 14 point swing.  It seems that the team is more confident in Alerus.  I think the crowd should be rocking which will give the team some juice and hopefully give NDSU some issues with noise (crossing my fingers). 

Utah St. is going to have a good year.  They will probably end up 9-3 or 10-2 so that won't be a bad loss at the end of the year.  Blake Anderson is from the Art Briles coaching tree (Baylor staff for 2-3 years).  That is where I went to school so I followed them greatly.  It is a difficult offense to defend especially when they have good athletes in it.  NDSU's offense is totally different from Utah St.'s offense.  

The main question is can we stop the run?  If we can stop their run consistently and make them throw for first downs I think we will win.  We definitely have more beef up front this year at NG.  We have 3 guys that they can rotate at almost 300 pounds.  Can our LB's hold up against the pulling guards/tackle/TE?  I think their new qb is good but he isn't Lantz.  

I hope our crowd is loud and proud!  I assume it will be since it has been 18 years since the last home game vs NDSU.  I had trouble finding a hotel room so I assume a lot of fans are coming from out of town!  Hpefully UND fans.

Honestly this game hinges on one simple thing………. Stopping the run!

If UND can figure out how to stop/slow down the NdSU power run and get off the field this game will be a close one. We can compete if our offense is on the field. I sure hope we have figured out how to stop the run…..

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Honestly this game hinges on one simple thing………. Stopping the run!

If UND can figure out how to stop/slow down the NdSU power run and get off the field this game will be a close one. We can compete if our offense is on the field. I sure hope we have figured out how to stop the run…..

I truly hope it is a glorious day like in 1993, but i'm worried they won't be able to deal with the run, it will be obvious early, and the last three quarters will be the spectacle of Bubba's painful body language as previously noted. 

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

So what does lakes go by now

Depends where ya find him. He shows up as Lakes on most of the school sites that we are playing against to trash talk UND. I believe he is El Chapo on Bisonville.

Have to wonder what that guy is like in person. Pretty sad really that he truly hates a fan base as much as he does.  I enjoy fun rivalries and sure I "hate" the Bison and Gopher hockey, but most of the fans are good people.

Maybe he isn't like that in person, but online and hiding behind his profile the guy is a 100% A$$clown!

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Depends where ya find him. He shows up as Lakes on most of the school sites that we are playing against to trash talk UND. I believe he is El Chapo on Bisonville.

Have to wonder what that guy is like in person. Pretty sad really that he truly hates a fan base as much as he does.  I enjoy fun rivalries and sure I "hate" the Bison and Gopher hockey, but most of the fans are good people.

Maybe he isn't like that in person, but online and hiding behind his profile the guy is a 100% A$$clown!

I’ve run into him in real life…about what you’d expect based on his online persona.

3 hours ago, shep said:

I recall a sense of feeling sorry for their O as they could not hear anything other than a crowd of tailgating enfused exuberant fans screaming their guts out.

Can't under estimate the power of making their offense feel uncomfortable the whole game, hopefully our fans are loud!  Think the 360 guys said UND was on silent count at Utah State, which helped cause the timing to be off on that crossing receiver that Otis ran into on that 3rd down.  That play really ended up being a turning point in the game.  You never know what little thing could be big in a game, and we need a lot of little things and big things to go our way next weekend.  

18 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Can't under estimate the power of making their offense feel uncomfortable the whole game, hopefully our fans are loud!  Think the 360 guys said UND was on silent count at Utah State, which helped cause the timing to be off on that crossing receiver that Otis ran into on that 3rd down.  That play really ended up being a turning point in the game.  You never know what little thing could be big in a game, and we need a lot of little things and big things to go our way next weekend.  

Never forget Northern Alabama ala 2003.  The athletes that team had on offense, and they just couldn't get through the noise until it was too late. 

• Upvote 2