SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Did Creighton get hurt today? Could be interpreting this wrong. 

Unfortunately you are correct, I just read Tom Miller's article.

"

After breaking off a run of about 30 yards, UND redshirt freshman running back Creighton Mitchell suffered an injury as he was tackled near the end zone.

Mitchell's lower-body injury was serious enough for multiple athletic trainers to assist. An ambulance eventually came to take Mitchell away from Memorial Stadium." 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/7160643-UND-football-camp-Day-12-Creighton-Mitchell-injury-dampens-scrimmage-mood 

9 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

"

After breaking off a run of about 30 yards, UND redshirt freshman running back Creighton Mitchell suffered an injury as he was tackled near the end zone.

Mitchell's lower-body injury was serious enough for multiple athletic trainers to assist. An ambulance eventually came to take Mitchell away from Memorial Stadium." 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/7160643-UND-football-camp-Day-12-Creighton-Mitchell-injury-dampens-scrimmage-mood 

Damn! We have some depth there obviously but never want to see anyone get hurt. 

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

"

I hate those from behind low tackles trying to save a TD. Dangerous for both players but it’s not like you tell the defender not to try and stop him.

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

"

!@#$

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/7160654-Jaxson-Turner-might-be-grandpa-but-hes-still-one-of-UNDs-most-dynamic-defenders?fbclid=IwAR3o5II_w16CdXH9rStzjL1xJqO_PbDVYRlYPwvLp9l3yMF7aoYwRcHh86A

Turner had two main thoughts when decided to return to UND for an additional season. He wanted to beat North Dakota State and win a national championship.

"I feel like I've always wanted to beat NDSU, so that was one of the main reasons, and I wanted to win a national championship for the program," Turner said.

His dreams are my dreams.

May all your dreams come true (both of you) 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Will be interested to see if Ziebarth sees the field now

I'd guess Smith will move into that back-up/3rd string spot but the problem is we don't have anyone behind Mitchell who has his skillset (which is more Skokna-like than Weah-like). Possible one of the WR's slides in to that type of role of lining up all over the field.

Keeping Weah and Skokna healthy just became that much more important.

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'd guess Smith will move into that back-up/3rd string spot but the problem is we don't have anyone behind Mitchell who has his skillset (which is more Skokna-like than Weah-like). Possible one of the WR's slides in to that type of role of lining up all over the field.

Keeping Weah and Skokna healthy just became that much more important.

Agreed, sounds like Smith looks much improved this year too, which is great. Such a bummer because I had always heard Mitchell really had that break away speed. I'll be interested to hear his prognosis if it comes out. Only positive out of this happening now, is that I would think he would qualify for a medical redshirt, but those rules always seem pretty fuzzy.

9 hours ago, Best View in the House said:

He wouldn’t even need a medical redshirt.  Last year didn’t count, so this could be his normal redshirt season. 

It could, but I would assume if he still wanted an additional year, he would qualify for it. But those medical redshirts always seem a little quirky.

44 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

will the ndsu game be on wday and midco?

It should be midco with UND agreement with them.if it’s on wdaz UND should get some $ from them as they are paying ndsu for that, 

not sure why ndsu gets to,go to other facilities and broadcast

should be on espn+ too