SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Tough break for us, the announcers sure didn't make much of it and also claimed he was untouched on the interception and fell down with the catch. Football was a deflected while the quarterback threw, then kind of floated to Haas. 

Goes to show how a season ending injury could happen on any play. Wish Haas a full recovery.

Was there, he got up and teammates were helping him then he collapsed, he insisted on getting up and walking off with help. Probably knew something bad had happened and wanted to walk off, if it was going to be the last time 

Star tribune has a nice article about Otis.  Otis has much to be thankful for.  Coach Feeney, Bubba and UND athletic program to help navigate his way to maturing in college.  I truly wish Otis the best as a person.

Weah loved football from an early age but moving to Moorhead with his mom as a freshman in high school gave him a vision of the future. His coach, Kevin Feeney, provided the guidance and direction he needed to blossom into a star.

"Moving to Moorhead was really different than growing up in the city," Weah said. "But Coach Feeney asked me a question my first day out there, if I wanted to play Division I football. He said, 'I'll help you on that journey.' ... He's still a big part of my life."

https://www.startribune.com/otis-weah-und-star-running-back-missouri-valley-minneapolis-moorhead/600095173/

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Am I reading off the field focus is affecting on field play?  The turnovers and penalties are horrendous

I took it as they read their pre-season press clippings (as a Top 10 team) and aren’t as focused as they should be. Issues they are having are almost all not being 100% locked in.

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

There is a very real possibility we lose the next 3 games. The team needs to figure it out these next two weeks. 

Absolutely.  I'll admit I had to look to see who was on the schedule after NDSU.  Right now, that's the only game that matters to me.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah you would think the Fargo Viewership would squash this match up. I’m sure media rights play into ESPN not picking up the NDSU/UND game

It would have helped if UND had beat Utah State to generate a more intriguing matchup.

Regarding media rights, don’t you think Montana and/or EWU had media rights that espn could have easily bought out?  I’m guessing the same thing would have happened in the UND/NDSU case.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 2:02 PM, NC Sioux said:

I have a lot of trepidation re this fall, Bubba's coaching record says the law of averages will bite soon. 

I’m no expert, just a fan but this is what I was expecting. Maybe they can right the ship but SIU does not look like they will be offering a get well plan. 
Also doesn’t the D look like they could be weaker next year?

11 hours ago, NC Sioux said:

I’m no expert, just a fan but this is what I was expecting. Maybe they can right the ship but SIU does not look like they will be offering a get well plan. 
Also doesn’t the D look like they could be weaker next year?

I will say, nice call on the prediction. Funny how that works, hence, the “law”. 

0.500 coach in DII. 0.500 coach in DI. 
It’s how it goes. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I will say, nice call on the prediction. Funny how that works, hence, the “law”. 

0.500 coach in DII. 0.500 coach in DI. 
It’s how it goes. 

The Spring season got people’s hopes up for the first season in the MVFC. It was a “different” season. Schools were hit by massive opt outs in key positions that are tough to replace. SHSU will not win another championship this year. Last year was unique. I think .500 is probably what you are going to get from Bubba in the MVFC. Just an opinion.

• Downvote 5

44 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The Spring season got people’s hopes up for the first season in the MVFC. It was a “different” season. Schools were hit by massive opt outs in key positions that are tough to replace. SHSU will not win another championship this year. Last year was unique. I think .500 is probably what you are going to get from Bubba in the MVFC. Just an opinion.

Yeah, and I think NDSU starts losing more when more of Entz’ recruits hit the field. Horrible coach with a very very good program around him 

• Upvote 1