SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

Do they scale back Fall Camp practices after the scrimmage? More me looking for content, but disappointing that Miller isn't doing his daily updates anymore. 

Access becomes tighter after camp concludes, and they start installing the offense and defensive schemes, and preparing for Idaho State. Not Miler's fault.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Access becomes tighter after camp concludes, and they start installing the offense and defensive schemes, and preparing for Idaho State. Not Miler's fault.

Yup. Tom doesn’t want to over report to the benefit of our opponents. Which would be to his detriment. Could end up like the ndsu guys and get the ban hammer.

Really anxious to see what our offense can do this year with both Schuster and Vaughn with a season under their belt and Tommy as a full season starter.  We've got lots of good WR's...looking forward to them making some plays.

If healthy.....I think my starting 3 WR's might be Maag, Boltmann and Belquist?  Then Richter in as the 4th wideout to get two tall WR's on the field.  Wonder if they will hold out Belquist and Boltmann until conference games start. 

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

Pretty worried about Idaho St. Sounds like they choked against Weber, EWU and UC Davis. Also, sounds like they’re return a lot on both sides of the ball. Need to be ready for a battle 

Well I hope they’re prepared to choke on Salty Mike the Hawk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

6 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Pretty worried about Idaho St. Sounds like they choked against Weber, EWU and UC Davis. Also, sounds like they’re return a lot on both sides of the ball. Need to be ready for a battle 

The mwwire article was very informative. Lines up with the very little information you can gather from their message board. Very strong passing attack, mediocre to weak run game. Average sounding defense. Outside of their first game, they played every other game tight. Like most teams, they return most of their roster from Spring ball and they appeared to be pretty young as well. Ultimately, I would say they are an average (or slightly above average) FCS team.

22 hours ago, GoHawks said:

21 hours ago, UND1983 said:

7-4 would be good with me.  8-3 would be better

Maybe I'm overconfident, but I don't think some of these games will be as close as Shannon and Kelly think they will be.  I see 8-3 as a strong possibility, unless the grind of a full season in MVFC wears on our boys.  I'm expecting a seed in the FCS playoffs come November.

• Upvote 1