SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

So how does UNI slow down the bison run game enough to almost win it , but UND gets blown out and can’t Even get off the field? Can’t use being short on the D line as an excuse as UNI was as well......

Can't really answer the question about the D line. It was straight up bad how UND got pushed by the SU O line and coaches didn't change anything up. But a lot of it had to do with a 244 pound running back that no one knew was gonna start or even play in the game. 

18 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Can't really answer the question about the D line. It was straight up bad how UND got pushed by the SU O line and coaches didn't change anything up. But a lot of it had to do with a 244 pound running back that no one knew was gonna start or even play in the game. 

That’s a very lame excuse. “Holy !@#$, that guy wasn’t on the scouting report! He’s big, I can’t tackle that.”

• Upvote 1

That  TD the bison got on a sort of busted up pass play right before half was big. Maybe if the refs had done a better job of throwing flags when they were called for might of helped. Maybe if we had played better. Maybe if our defense would of been able to adjust to what was happening also would of helped. Who knows. It is over. That is old news. Let’s just go from here. 

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So how does UNI slow down the bison run game enough to almost win it , but UND gets blown out and can’t Even get off the field? Can’t use being short on the D line as an excuse as UNI was as well......

I think that while UNI was short handed on the D-Line, the were not undersized. 

The more I think about the UND/NDSU game the more I think about how UND showed up with their worst performance this year and NDSU had their best. I know that sounds like an excuse because it is one, but it is also the truth. I also believe that was NDSU's best performance this year.

40 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bigger joke was the alerus/gf city couldn't outbid a juco

I know but I recall Nichols put in a massive bid and the bid we put it was also very healthy. I am pretty sure Nichols was the largest of all of the buds out in across the board.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wouldn’t or didn’t. We absolutely could have.

UND had at least a top 3 or 4 bid. UNI and maybe SELA were who they were concerned about having higher bids. No one expected Nicholls (with the help of the Southland) to put together a gigantic bid for tent city. Was still a joke they got it due to facilities. Any time the NCAA needs to rewrite rules because of you, it is probably time to take a look in the mirror. 

15 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Any time the NCAA needs to rewrite rules because of you, it is probably time to take a look in the mirror. 

Why are you bringing up the 2017 offsides call at Scheels that favored BU? 

Oh. Wait. Nevermind. 

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

So who are we cheering for in the XDSU game?

Definitely cheering against NDSU as always, but also makes sense in these circumstances. UND has won head-to-head matchup against SDSU, so want NDSU to get their second conference loss. Would place UND ahead of NDSU in standings. 

• Upvote 2