SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not at all. This year is different and this years championship, if it happens, will not be the same, whether it is NDSU or anybody else. Even if the perennial top 5 or 10 teams are competing, those teams are not playing with the same roster as they had planned on playing with in the fall. Take   a quarter of your starting lineup off the field from opt outs or declaring for the draft off any roster and you have a watered down product. 

Someone is preparing for the downfall of his beloved program......Championships are championships. I guarantee if NDSU wins this thing you certainly won't be sad. Quit whining, embrace the different, and suck it up.

32 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Someone is preparing for the downfall of his beloved program......Championships are championships. I guarantee if NDSU wins this thing you certainly won't be sad. Quit whining, embrace the different, and suck it up.

Straw man

On 3/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, Bison06 said:

Well, then you’d be quite wrong.

I’ve said it on many other threads and I’ll say it here as well, I don’t care who wins this season, NDSU or anybody else, you’re crazy if you think in 50 years when people look at the schedules and the timing of this season they won’t put an asterisk by all of it. The champion this year will likely only have won 10-11 games total vs 15-16.

You think what you want, but history will absolutely be putting an asterisk on the “2020” FCS season.

8 hours ago, Bison06 said:

As usual you conflate two arguments to make your point seem relevant. I never said people are complaining about past champions, simply that there is a clear conversation that gets had every time certain years get brought up. Every NFL fan on the planet knows the 1987 season had replacement players and that season is completely different than others and that didn’t have nearly the impact that this years FCS season has as only a few games were effected. We have teams completely opting out of the season, we have significant impact players who would have been on the squads normally(fall season) not playing this spring. 

This season’s champion will on paper be a championship like any other, but FCS fans will always look at this championship differently, especially if a very unexpected team ends up winning the title.

What argument am I “conflating?”  
I’m just responding to your statements, which I happen to think are ridiculous.

No one other than the winning team and their families are going to remember, let alone care who won the spring 2021 FCS title 50 years from now. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

What argument am I “conflating?”  
I’m just responding to your statements, which I happen to think are ridiculous.

No one other than the winning team and their families are going to remember, let alone care who won the spring 2021 FCS title 50 years from now. 

Having fans like you is the reason why people say UND is a hockey school. Constantly downplaying football and in its significance at the FCS level. Sure it isn’t Ohio state vs Alabama, but if you’re a fan it means something to you and you’ll remember.People care, you might not, but people care. 50 years isn’t that long, 1971 season isn’t that long ago, I’m sure many on this board remember games from the 60s-70s. 

20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Having fans like you is the reason why people say UND is a hockey school. Constantly downplaying football and in its significance at the FCS level. Sure it isn’t Ohio state vs Alabama, but if you’re a fan it means something to you and you’ll remember.People care, you might not, but people care. 50 years isn’t that long, 1971 season isn’t that long ago, I’m sure many on this board remember games from the 60s-70s. 

You get an A for changing the subject and making up crap. Well done. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Your point?  Insulting fans?

2 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Your point?  Insulting fans?

My point is I didn’t realize I was discussing the significance of an historic football season in the annals of history with some folks who aren’t actually fans of FCS football. If we took a poll of this forum and people who got introduced to UND football 50+ years ago and have been lifelong fans as a result of those early experiences, my bet would be many people would remember the late 60’s and early 70’s seasons. Yet we have a “fan” who thinks this season won’t be remembered by anyone other than “the players and their parents”

32 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

My point is I didn’t realize I was discussing the significance of an historic football season in the annals of history with some folks who aren’t actually fans of FCS football. If we took a poll of this forum and people who got introduced to UND football 50+ years ago and have been lifelong fans as a result of those early experiences, my bet would be many people would remember the late 60’s and early 70’s seasons. Yet we have a “fan” who thinks this season won’t be remembered by anyone other than “the players and their parents”

From the sounds of it you’re going to be the douche canoe at their 50th anniversary party pointing out to a bunch of 70 year olds that their championship should have an asterisk.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

From the sounds of it you’re going to be the douche canoe at their 50th anniversary party pointing out to a bunch of 70 year olds that their championship should have an asterisk.  

But I’m not a current player or a parent of a current player so how would I remember it? :cool:

9 hours ago, Bison06 said:

But I’m not a current player or a parent of a current player so how would I remember it? :cool:

Because you’re the only person of the opinion that 50 years from now this year’s winners should be reminded they aren’t legitimate champs. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Because you’re the only person of the opinion that 50 years from now this year’s winners should be reminded they aren’t legitimate champs. 

Is it a conscious decision on your part to make up a phantom opposing argument to fit something you can refute or aren’t you able to control it?

I blocked you for a reason a couple of years back, should’ve trusted my previous judgement. Won’t happen again.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Is it a conscious decision on your part to make up a phantom opposing argument to fit something you can refute or aren’t you able to control it?

I blocked you for a reason a couple of years back, should’ve trusted my previous judgement. Won’t happen again.

If you don’t mean what you type, then don’t type it. Simple as that. I made nothing up. I just responded directly to your statements. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

When you have the word "Bison" in your username do you really expect people on a SIOUXSPORTS forum to roll out the welcome wagon for you? You are truly delusional. 

2 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

When you have the word "Bison" in your username do you really expect people on a SIOUXSPORTS forum to roll out the welcome wagon for you? You are truly delusional. 

Nope, but a reasonable discussion of the facts is always welcomed and entertaining.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, Bison06 said:

Well, then you’d be quite wrong.

I’ve said it on many other threads and I’ll say it here as well, I don’t care who wins this season, NDSU or anybody else, you’re crazy if you think in 50 years when people look at the schedules and the timing of this season they won’t put an asterisk by all of it. The champion this year will likely only have won 10-11 games total vs 15-16.

You think what you want, but history will absolutely be putting an asterisk on the “2020” FCS season.

So ndsu has won 16* national championships.

19 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

No. It was said NDSU fans would claim it is a legit championship if NDSU won and illegitimate if anyone else won. It will not be the same this year no matter who wins.

^^^^ Maybe not specifically you....but this statement is correct.