SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The kids brother is on the roster. It would have been a really bad look if they had not gotten him.

That actually means very little in this day and age. Despite having zero family ties to NDSU and coming from a family that bleeds UND green, my daughter is at NDSU because of its stellar music program.  NDSU, in case you haven’t been paying attention, has a beyond stellar football program. There were never any guarantees that Jamal was coming here solely because of Otis. 

20 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

That actually means very little in this day and age. Despite having zero family ties to NDSU and coming from a family that bleeds UND green, my daughter is at NDSU because of its stellar music program.  NDSU, in case you haven’t been paying attention, has a beyond stellar football program. There were never any guarantees that Jamal was coming here solely because of Otis. 

The family was upset that the NDSU staff didn’t offer Otis. I don’t think there was ever a chance Jamal was going to NDSU. 

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

The kids brother is on the roster. It would have been a really bad look if they had not gotten him.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

The family was upset that the NDSU staff didn’t offer Otis. I don’t think there was ever a chance Jamal was going to NDSU. 

NDSU doesn’t offer if they didn’t think they had a chance. 

Feel so bad for those Fargo fans. They can’t handle recruits choosing UND over NDSU. They  just think there has to be some crazy reason that would happen.  Previous poster is right. NDSU would not have offered if they thought  the recruit was gonna pick UND. As they say, worm is starting to turn. Love it. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Been missing you guys over here.  How is Entz doing in recruiting?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Und246 said:

Feel so bad for those Fargo fans. They can’t handle recruits choosing UND over NDSU. They  just think there has to be some crazy reason that would happen.  Previous poster is right. NDSU would not have offered if they thought  the recruit was gonna pick UND. As they say, worm is starting to turn. Love it. 

Didn’t say they didn’t want him. They did, but never really had a chance. The worm has turned in one recruit so far this year, Teiken. It is about one a year on average. That is one slow turning worm.

8 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Romfo twins

Not sure comparing twins that have not stepped in campus yet with a kid whose brother has been on campus for 3 years is the same. Jamal has been around the players and coaches at UND for 3 years. If you can’t build a relationship in that time you are doing something wrong. Just like it would have been a bad look if Bryce Lance has chosen SDSU or another MVFC school over NDSU. 

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not sure comparing twins that have not stepped in campus yet with a kid whose brother has been on campus for 3 years is the same. Jamal has been around the players and coaches at UND for 3 years. If you can’t build a relationship in that time you are doing something wrong. Just like it would have been a bad look if Bryce Lance has chosen SDSU or another MVFC school over NDSU. 

I get what you are trying to say, but it comes across as another excuse because UND happened to get another NDSU recruit. Does UND get an advantage because Otis it there, of course. At the same time, siblings go to different schools all the time! Plenty of UND hockey players who had siblings go to other schools as well. The same thing could be said when a legacy goes somewhere else, but it happens. Everyone has their own reason for why they want to go somewhere .... Maybe they want to play with a sibling, maybe they like the vibe of a different school, maybe they connect well with some coaches over others, maybe they want to be closer to or farther from home .... the list goes on. Given what NDSU has done over the past decade would it really be that surprising if a talented CB wanted to go there over go play with his brother, No! And if UND hadn't picked up their play over the past few seasons and started improving their recruiting a bit, then he very well may have chosen a different route. That's not saying UND is where they want to be yet, or that they will repeat a Valley Championship, but they have certainly shown they have the talent to compete.

I would have liked Altepeter and couple others, but thus far, I'm pretty happy with the class we are putting together. Still a few big names I'm hoping to here.

Didn’t say they didn’t want him. They did, but never really had a chance. The worm has turned in one recruit so far this year, Teiken. It is about one a year on average. That is one slow turning worm.

Hard to disagree. That being said, this year does feel different to me. I think it's most likely the local angle. Two out of Six recruits with offers from both have picked UND. That is progress, with at least three others that hold offers from both that are uncommitted. It'll be an interesting next couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Kinda like Feeney and Belquist's Dads playing for NDSU and their kids going to UND?

I don’t think either kid had an option other than UND. Not saying that was the right decision by the NDSU staff, but I don’t think either kid had an NDSU offer. 

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don’t think either kid had an option other than UND. Not saying that was the right decision by the NDSU staff, but I don’t think either kid had an NDSU offer. 

If you can answer this honestly, please do:  are you nervous about Entz and recruiting?  This class he is bringing in is not looking very good at all by NDSU's standards of past classes.  I may be wrong and typically am but I don't know.

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

If you can answer this honestly, please do:  are you nervous about Entz and recruiting?  This class he is bringing in is not looking very good at all by NDSU's standards of past classes.  I may be wrong and typically am but I don't know.

It is too early to tell but no I am not really nervous. The only kid he has lost other than Dixon, who was a unique situation, so far is Teiken. I think the we will know more in a month. I think he had a good class last year but we won’t know for another year or two. I think they missed on not offering Belquist but I don’t fault them for taking the Omaha QB over Feeney. Looking at them both and their physical abilities and athleticism, the Omaha kid is a much better athlete with a much stronger arm, along with being a couple inches bigger and 25 lbs heavier, not saying which of the 2 has the “it” factor. It may turn out to be a bad decision. 

• Like 1

It is too early to tell but no I am not really nervous. The only kid he has lost other than Dixon, who was a unique situation, so far is Teiken. I think the we will know more in a month. I think he had a good class last year but we won’t know for another year or two. I think they missed on not offering Belquist but I don’t fault them for taking the Omaha QB over Feeney. Looking at them both and their physical abilities and athleticism, the Omaha kid is a much better athlete with a much stronger arm, along with being a couple inches bigger and 25 lbs heavier, not saying which of the 2 has the “it” factor. It may turn out to be a bad decision. 

The Omaha kid is 6’5”?