SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

It is too early to tell but no I am not really nervous. The only kid he has lost other than Dixon, who was a unique situation, so far is Teiken. I think the we will know more in a month. I think he had a good class last year but we won’t know for another year or two. I think they missed on not offering Belquist but I don’t fault them for taking the Omaha QB over Feeney. Looking at them both and their physical abilities and athleticism, the Omaha kid is a much better athlete with a much stronger arm, along with being a couple inches bigger and 25 lbs heavier, not saying which of the 2 has the “it” factor. It may turn out to be a bad decision. 

Feeney is listed at 6'2" 195lbs (from his senior roster and carried through to other sites)
Payton is listed at either 6'2.5" or 6'3", and anywhere between 205 and 2015lbs, depending on which website you want to believe. His senior roster had him at 6'3", 205lbs

I'd also be curious what you mean by "The only kid he has lost"? Are you talking just to UND?

BV is classic right now. All these guys with no other current offers, like Hayes, and they make up excuses why and then say "hope we can hang onto him" :D

I know they don't want to admit it but this class of theirs is currently not good.

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

BV is classic right now. All these guys with no other current offers, like Hayes, and they make up excuses why and then say "hope we can hang onto him" :D

I know they don't want to admit it but this class of theirs is currently not good.

1/3 of their recruits also had a UND offer and picked NDSU, so there's that. I hope UND wasn't recruiting bad players. I think the fairest way to judge a recruit originally is based on other offers. Recruiting is such an inexact science, but the more schools that offer the better. Compared to other years, the "other" offer category has been way down for them. Only a handful have G5 offers, only a few others have multiple high level FCS offers. I wouldn't say not good, because it resembles a lot how UND's usually looks, but definitely different than what they've been accustomed too. 

46 minutes ago, AJS said:

1/3 of their recruits also had a UND offer and picked NDSU, so there's that. I hope UND wasn't recruiting bad players. I think the fairest way to judge a recruit originally is based on other offers. Recruiting is such an inexact science, but the more schools that offer the better. Compared to other years, the "other" offer category has been way down for them. Only a handful have G5 offers, only a few others have multiple high level FCS offers. I wouldn't say not good, because it resembles a lot how UND's usually looks, but definitely different than what they've been accustomed too. 

That's exactly my point-- this class is very average for their standards considering they have every advantage possible at the FCS level over all schools

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

One man's observations (meaning they can be wrong and yours may differ):

Whatever "it" Bohl and Klieman have, I just don't see it in Entz. 

Entz to me is more Bubba than Bohl. 

Keep searching, around the mid-section.  It's a large area.

Pretty harsh on Bubba.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Some of his coaching decisions have thrown me. His recruiting will tell me a lot this and next year.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Will, (s)he's missing a tooth."  Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting talking about Entz.

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Feeney is listed at 6'2" 195lbs (from his senior roster and carried through to other sites)
Payton is listed at either 6'2.5" or 6'3", and anywhere between 205 and 2015lbs, depending on which website you want to believe. His senior roster had him at 6'3", 205lbs

I'd also be curious what you mean by "The only kid he has lost"? Are you talking just to UND?

Feeney is now 6’3”. May not be done growing. 

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Noriega committed to a PWO to NDSU tonight.

It's a bad look for UND, no doubt. I don't think you'll see either side get too excited (NDSU) or disappointed (UND) about the actual player when evaluating their freshman classes. Always need to put up the disclaimer that he might turn out to be an All-American, but forgettable with his current offers. A nice PWO for NDSU though, congrats!

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Noriega committed to a PWO to NDSU tonight.

Seems like they have had a lot of commits already, while still hoping for some big ones. After hearing about how young their team was all Spring, I wouldn't think they would have room for a very large class with the Covid rule. I wonder if they are not retaining any Seniors, or if they are making cuts.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

It's a bad look for UND, no doubt. I don't think you'll see either side get too excited (NDSU) or disappointed (UND) about the actual player when evaluating their freshman classes. Always need to put up the disclaimer that he might turn out to be an All-American, but forgettable with his current offers. A nice PWO for NDSU though, congrats!

Plot twist: my football guy said UND only offered a PWO as well.  Let's get BV updated to reflect that.  

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Plot twist: my football guy said UND only offered a PWO as well.  Let's get BV updated to reflect that.  

Doesn't surprise me. I don't think there are many scholarships to go around at the moment, given that we retained a few people with the Covid rule.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Doesn't surprise me. I don't think there are many scholarships to go around at the moment, given that we retained a few people with the Covid rule.

My source is quite good so I believe him and its fits with the offers they have made.  

• Upvote 2

On 7/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, UND1983 said:

Bisonville doesn’t believe you, what’s even more surprising is they are following this forum……..I thought they are not even in the same realm as their lil brother……

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bisonville doesn’t believe you, what’s even more surprising is they are following this forum……..I thought they are not even in the same realm as their lil brother……

Well I am not wrong.  Not sure where it was stated that UND offered him a scholarship 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Well I am not wrong.  Not sure where it was stated that UND offered him a scholarship 

Nobody said they did. When the kid tweeted his offers he said he received his first D1 offer from UND. When he tweeted his NDSU offer he tweeted he received a PWO offer from NDSU. Nobody said what UND’s offer was.

25 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Nobody said they did. When the kid tweeted his offers he said he received his first D1 offer from UND. When he tweeted his NDSU offer he tweeted he received a PWO offer from NDSU. Nobody said what UND’s offer was.

Here are the two posts. One states an offer of some sort from UND. Could of been a PWO, could of been a scholarship. He clearly states what the offer is from NDSU. 

Probably doesn't clear anything up. Just posting the information from his Twitter.

2 hours ago, Tolna said:

Here are the two posts. One states an offer of some sort from UND. Could of been a PWO, could of been a scholarship. He clearly states what the offer is from NDSU. 

Probably doesn't clear anything up. Just posting the information from his Twitter.

He never used the word scholarship. Perhaps NDSU coaches asked him to be clear on the pwo.

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

BV did.  Maybe you should tell them to correct it.

Also...a backup from EMU?  Wow Entz.