SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

4 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

How in the F*** was FBS able to finish a season 3 months ago?

Teams are doing the abacus and saying:  What's the point of playing 2 games that don't mean anything for us this spring (non-playoff teams) when we have to get ready for another one in 5 months. 

This spring fiasco has gone beyond embarrassing. Shut it down, get everyone vaccinated........then wait for the NCAA in the fall to tell everyone that that still isn't good enough to proceed in normal capacity.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This spring fiasco has gone beyond embarrassing. Shut it down, get everyone vaccinated........then wait for the NCAA in the fall to tell everyone that that still isn't good enough to proceed in normal capacity.

Or just forget all the restrictions 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Positive cases probably won’t ever be down to zero

Well... I guess there is some data that says people who have had COVID have better and longer immunity than the ones who get the vaccine. There are now reports that completely vaccinated people are still getting COVID ( not sure which brand of vaccine). Many cases are these variants plus the virus will continue to mutate.  No matter how you cut it... it is a mess. Who do you believe?

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Well... I guess there is some data that says people who have had COVID have better and longer immunity than the ones who get the vaccine. There are now reports that completely vaccinated people are still getting COVID ( not sure which brand of vaccine). Many cases are these variants plus the virus will continue to mutate.  No matter how you cut it... it is a mess. Who do you believe?

Again we are talking "cases"...not sickness, not hospitalizations, not deaths. If one believes the "science" the vaccines literally eliminates the risk of severe illness and death in those vaccinated. ND hasn't has a Covid death in 11 days. Nothing is 100% but seems that's the end game witchh won't happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

The vaccines do not prevent covid infection but rather give you antibodies that prevent severe illness or death. The CDC has been saying that for months. COVID infections will become nothing more than a cold in the future and probably won’t go away.....

• Upvote 2

Has the collective brain trust (CDC, NIH and especially the gov’t ‘spokespersons’) forgotten that Covid -19 is a variant strain of SARS? It is a virus that will always be around... mutations will not stop just because of any vaccine or prior infection. After all, we have a new flu vaccine every year because of the mutations and variants of the flu from year to year.

When can we get back to the ‘new’ normal?

• Upvote 1

This is all dumb.  

FBS pulled it off.  The B1G and PAC did a terrible job, but the rest seemed to do a good job.    The FBS also takes football seriously.  The FCS exists for basketball schools who want to play football as well.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Bizun lose another DB in the transfer portal. Freshman Nasir Howell from Ga.

Thought I read the first SU CB left partly because of all the Covid protocols they were administering.

8 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Accept the following.  This is a virus.  You can't fully vaccinate against a virus.  Your body and health is your best defense.  Leadership has lost their collective minds. 

Actions - Find ways to replace and challenge leadership starting at the local levels......or support alternatives to public school and activities (or both)

Got a call this afternoon that my youngest had to get a rapid test after school today so she can go back to school tomorrow because the school thinks they might be able to contract trace her to a classmate on Monday. But not yesterday Monday.....a week ago Monday. F-n lunacy.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Got a call this afternoon that my youngest had to get a rapid test after school today so she can go back to school tomorrow because the school thinks they might be able to contract trace her to a classmate on Monday. But not yesterday Monday.....a week ago Monday. F-n lunacy.

My answer would be bofa.