SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

57 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I bought "four seat" as two pairs.
I got them in the same row (two seats, two seat gap, two seats). 

Which is a waste of two seats x how many?

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

:tinfoilhat:
Many colleges still aren't allowing any spectators at all, so at least UND has that going for them.

Sure.  But when we wonder why NDSU is dominating UND in nearly all sports, the answer is and will be money.  And what do ya know, they are allowing 50% capacity at their games this spring... Just saying, if we are actually going to social distance etc and not just do general admission like they are at most places with limited attendance, we could at least be a little bit smarter about it.  But this isn't just a one time thing either, look at UND cancelling its FBS game this fall while NDSU made a game with UCA work.  Look at home scheduling for most sports.  Look at facilities.  The AD at UND is underperforming, which makes me believe they don't care.  If the answer is money, than why are we not allowing 50% attendance and opening up the suites like the the ND guidelines allow? 

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2021 at 12:38 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

All the "downvotes" aside, does a one-goal win at home in which they had 3 power play goals in 5 chances and got outshot by 20 really reflect a wholly positive view on UNO? I'm not sure it does, man. All things considered, UND absolutely dominated that series when 5-on-5 and unequivocally should have left Baxter with two wins. 

Two years ago we “dominated 5x5” outshooting everyone and couldn’t put games away. Good teams bury chances, regardless of situation. That’s not to say those who don’t are bad teams, they just don’t.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:40 AM, BusinessSiouxt said:

Two years ago we “dominated 5x5” outshooting everyone and couldn’t put games away. Good teams bury chances, regardless of situation. That’s not to say those who don’t are bad teams, they just don’t.

Thanks for the generalized statement in comparing the 2018-19 team with the 2020-21 team. This team often buries chances seeing we have the 6th highest scoring offense, much differently than 18-19. If you don't believe UND dominated (or whatever term you choose to use -- controlled, carried, etc.), then I don't know what to tell ya, guy. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, petey23 said:

NCHC Tournament in Grand Forks.

March 12--1 vs. 8 and 2 vs. 7

March 13---3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5

Reseed

March 15--semi finals

March 16--championship

I frickin' love this. Such a smart way to do it. Basically a warm up to the national tournament. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Reseed

March 15--semi finals

March 16--championship

Dare to dream that they have a weekend package for sale - if tickets are available that March 15th Semifinal Day would be a very fun day at The Ralph. 

53 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Reseed

March 15--semi finals

March 16--championship

And all the teams will get their own locker room.......imagine that......

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I would have like to see them do the NCHC Tournament like the Stanly Cup Playoffs with a best of 3 for the first round instead of single elimination.

Well yeah, that is what they usually do.  But obviously adjusting that this year as all the games are at one site.  

35 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I would have like to see them do the NCHC Tournament like the Stanly Cup Playoffs with a best of 3 for the first round instead of single elimination.

So Omaha has their best chance ever to make it to the "Frozen Faceoff"!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dustin said:

So a chance to go to the Frozen Four without having to leave the state.  Nice.

Of the next potential 11 games, UND would be in the state of ND for 10 of them.  (5 regular season games at the Ralph, 3 NCHC playoff games at the Ralph, 2 games at the Scheels Center in Fargo, and just one regular season game at Omaha.  Pretty smooth road to Pittsburgh!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Of the next potential 11 games, UND would be in the state of ND for 10 of them.  (5 regular season games at the Ralph, 3 NCHC playoff games at the Ralph, 2 games at the Scheels Center in Fargo, and just one regular season game at Omaha.  Pretty smooth road to Pittsburgh!!

In theory. The boys need to show up each and every game like their season depends on it.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I hope you are right - absolutely nothing to base it on but I'm still skeptical that NCAA Regionals will be a thing.  So many other sports like Men's Hoops and Volleyball are hosting super tournaments.  The fact that they haven't replaced the fourth regional site makes me wonder.  Or, they could just be waiting to see how things develop. 

52 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I wonder if Midco will be allowed to broadcast the quarterfinals.  I am assuming it will be their broadcast team for NCHC.tv, and the league has let local stations broadcast quarterfinal games before.

You mean you think FSN will lower themselves to come to Grand Forks?