SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

20 minutes ago, cberkas said:

RWD

@runwiththedogs

Please tell me you are basing attendance limits on sane guidelines and not the guidelines of the state of North DaCovid.

I used a meme to tell her she was insufferable rather than use the more colorful language I would have used in a typed out tweet.

49 minutes ago, cberkas said:

RWD

@runwiththedogs

Please tell me you are basing attendance limits on sane guidelines and not the guidelines of the state of North DaCovid.

I'm not on twitter either, but I can't believe that RWD is still even a thing.  :D
I remember her ramblings being crazy, and that was like 10 years ago! :tinfoilhat:

36 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'm not on twitter either, but I can't believe that RWD is still even a thing.  :D
I remember her ramblings being crazy, and that was like 10 years ago! :tinfoilhat:

Lol she went off on me when she assumed I was talking crap about her on Twitter (we were) and not tagging her in the tweet. 

42 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I still remember that dance that someone shared from the Final Five or Frozen Faceoff.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Yeah, I had to unfollow her a long time ago. It was just too much to sift out of my feed.

21 hours ago, Dustin said:

So a chance to go to the Frozen Four without having to leave the state.  Nice.

Also realized this morning that this has got to be the first UND hockey season with no games played in the state of Minnesota.

14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Also realized this morning that this has got to be the first UND hockey season with no games played in the state of Minnesota.

I think I confirmed this.  I looked at the UND schedule from the first season (1946-47) until the formation of the WCHA (as we once knew it) in 1959-60, and we played at least one game in the state of Minnesota every season.  Since 1960, we've been a conference member with at least one team from Minnesota, so I am assuming that we played away games in one of those rinks ever since.

Just about everything about Omaha made sense.  Walking distance to the hotels, med school, two rinks.  The only big issue was the teams having to move in and out of the locker rooms seventeen different times or having a makeshift locker room set up in a hallway with plywood benches and curtains for privacy.  

As for GF I'm guessing the CanAd inn will one of the central hosts of the teams with floors of the hotel blocked off for the different teams like what happened in Omaha.  They have enough conference rooms/ball rooms at the Alerus plaza there to make private team meals a thing, and also a testing area for teams.  Not sure of the present capabilities of the UND med school, but Altru is just over the bridge from campus so any health issues could be handled quickly.

Opposing fans have this vision of 12,000 rowdy drunkards yelling at their teams in their Sioux jerseys when that simply won't be the case.  Any game not featuring UND I'm guessing there will be 300 or less butts in the seats.  Or just like every Big Ten tournament game at Joe Louis Arena.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 2/8/2021 at 9:20 PM, cberkas said:

RWD

@runwiththedogs

Someone please educate the puppy (that's what you call an immature dog) about ND's Covid status. 

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases 

Our numbers are better than in mid-July 2020. 

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Someone please educate the puppy (that's what you call an immature dog) about ND's Covid status. 

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases 

Our numbers are better than in mid-July 2020. 

I’m afraid educating that puppy might be a bit futile.  Kind of like...

image.jpeg.73c6d43aaaf96b7fd248119543e9c6b7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Blasphemy alert. 

As long as it doesn't have a meaningful effect on seeding, I wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks get spanked once before the NCAAs start, as long as it's not due to bad goaltending, for obvious reasons.  A loss might even be better if it causes them to be eliminated in the Frozen Faceoff.  As was the case in the old WCHA, winning the regular season title is a bigger honor than winning the tournament, and a loss at this time of year should sting and leave a bad taste in their mouths.   

If it happens, just don't let it be to UMD. 

1 hour ago, ND_Texan said:

Down here in Texas there was a medical expert on TV saying ND had no new Covid cases last week, and that ND may already be at herd immunity. Any truth to that report?

ND the state or ND the school? The state had some new ones but UND.......possibly not. If they had any it wasn't many.

22 hours ago, burd said:

Blasphemy alert. 

As long as it doesn't have a meaningful effect on seeding, I wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks get spanked once before the NCAAs start, as long as it's not due to bad goaltending, for obvious reasons.  A loss might even be better if it causes them to be eliminated in the Frozen Faceoff.  As was the case in the old WCHA, winning the regular season title is a bigger honor than winning the tournament, and a loss at this time of year should sting and leave a bad taste in their mouths.   

If it happens, just don't let it be to UMD. 

I would at least like to see the opponent score the first goal or two in a couple of the upcoming games.  That's only happened a handful of times this year, and honestly we've chased the game a bit (unsuccessfully), when it's happened.  UND came back from a two goal deficit against Omaha a couple of weeks ago, but quickly coughed up the lead again. 

23 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Down here in Texas there was a medical expert on TV saying ND had no new Covid cases last week, and that ND may already be at herd immunity. Any truth to that report?

Because you asked for data:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2