SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

14 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Excuses why there were almost 1000 unsold tickets.

-Price

-Raging pandemic

-Quality of the opponent

-There's a bird in the rafters

-Kneeling(my favorite)

-Would rather watch the game at home

-Found out Red Pepper wasn't going to be open in the Ralph(Actual reason for low attendance)

-Yes
-I'll say no
-Yes, but the first home game in forever, I figured the diehards would pay to see Canisius or Red River's JV.
-Still?????
-Nope.  
-Yeah, beer is way cheaper at home.
-Are you #$%#@$@ kidding me????  No Grinder reminder?????  Sad......

10 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Does anyone actually care what or why the attendance was what it was?

Considering a vast majority of professors/instructors at UND are getting their normal salaries while conducting class via Zoom or even worse rolling out prerecorded lectures.......your point is well taken.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND missed a golden opportunity to donate any unused tickets to hospital workers, first responders, and other essential employees like teachers that can't be thanked enough during this pandemic.  A free ticket to a game would have been a great way to do that.  

This would have been a really good idea and still can be..........

• Upvote 2

Price was reasons 1-5 for why tickets went unsold.  UND tried to make back too much money too quickly.  A premium price can be justified for a premium product/atmosphere like a packed house UND/Gopher game.  However few people are willing to pay out that kind of money for the privilege of reduced concession options, less breathability via a mask, a list of rules they must follow, and a reduced social experience of not running into all of your buddies in the concourse.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Family of four just to get into the building lower bowl was $400. To a person I talked to cost was the reason they opted not to go.

"Large events".......I'll call BS. Most people are in closer contact when they go to a Walmart for 30-60 minutes. Covid numbers in ND have dropped 90% in 2 months. Armacost....and Schloss continue to use Covid as a continued excuse for everything but that sh!t needs to end.

What needs to be done at a minimum is to triple the amount of student tickets within the 3000. At least give them something at a reasonable cost ($5 a ticket) that their dollars paid education wise isn't getting them.....plus they'd show up.

arn't military people supposed to somewhat fearless?  wtf armacost?...schloss...nothing left to say.

1 hour ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I think most of us don't, but some people are experts on all subjects and like to come here and point out even the smallest flaws in other people's decision making. Bonus points if there's a reference to the so-called "raging pandemic".

Coming from you and what we've witnessed since early 2017 for a few years that's  pretty rich.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

New updated email as of a few minutes ago......presale for the DU series TBD.

Is your best guess with recent Covid numbers they are hoping to be able to increase the amount they can sell? Hold off until that picture becomes clearer. 

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Is your best guess with recent Covid numbers they are hoping to be able to increase the amount they can sell? Hold off until that picture becomes clearer. 

I will defer to the Covid experts like Schloss on that one. 

But what I do know is 0.016% of the population of GF County tested positive yesterday.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Considering a vast majority of professors/instructors at UND are getting their normal salaries while conducting class via Zoom or even worse rolling out prerecorded lectures.......your point is well taken.

Are you still upset with sundays football game? It’ll all be okay. 

And what professors are doing has no relevance to UND hockey attendance of the public. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

No......I think it was more the "raging" pandemic. You are a Twamley apologist....what are your thoughts? Think the "kneeling" episode had anything to do with it? Wasn't a weather issue.

Nonetheless we went and we'll go to the DU series. 

Kneeling "episode"?

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Well with current recommendations in place they could allow 5,000. They would have to put together a plan for the health department but I think it is currently 65% or 5000, whichever # is smaller

12 hours ago, petey23 said:

Well with current recommendations in place they could allow 5,000. They would have to put together a plan for the health department but I think it is currently 65% or 5000, whichever # is smaller

I believe they said they could increase technically but could not accomadte that numbe plus ensure 6 ft seperation among groups ao thats why it stayed at 3000.

15 hours ago, Langster019 said:

And what professors are doing has no relevance to UND hockey attendance of the public. 

Really? Because every email I sent to those at UND about having professors actually teach in a classroom and about getting fans back into buildings to support UND athletics has been responded  with "Blah blah blah......unprecedented times.......blah blah blah.........Covid.....blah blah blah". Every response is the same canned verbiage. 

BTW Burgum just lowered state's Covid risk to "low".  

6 total new positive cases yesterday in all of GF County.