SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

48 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My daughter started classes at UND yesterday.......2nd semester 2nd year student. No classes in person this semester...zero. Last semester one class face to face. So for the academic year one hour on M-W-F for one semester in an actual classroom time. 

UND was supposed to come out yesterday with hockey ticket options with the attendance increase to 3000. Crickets........

So is she living in the dorm or attacking it from home?  Do they do zoom for the classes or just send out a syllabus of what the kids have to get done for the classes?

I would have epically failed at the no in person classes.  Its what kept me from not drinking the entire time at UND.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I was like “they mean that’s the total for both games right?” 

otherwise, absolutely not. 

I was pretty quick to also assume they clearly meant it would be $90 for the series. Now I'm not so sure. Given the limited seating, more importantly the financial hole they have to be in this year, I don't hate it. In fact, I'm all for them trying to somewhat salvage their balance sheet.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, AJS said:

I was pretty quick to also assume they clearly meant it would be $90 for the series. Now I'm not so sure. Given the limited seating, more importantly the financial hole they have to be in this year, I don't hate it. In fact, I'm all for them trying to somewhat salvage their balance sheet.

It does say ‘single game’ ...ouch!

1 hour ago, AJS said:

They are trying to make up some of the Champions Club membership that they lost out on.   When you figure some of those membership levels in on the average ticket, I imagine it would increase the ticket price a bit. 

55 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

It does say ‘single game’ ...ouch!

Reading comprehension problem on my end at first.

20 minutes ago, tnt said:

They are trying to make up some of the Champions Club membership that they lost out on.   When you figure some of those membership levels in on the average ticket, I imagine it would increase the ticket price a bit. 

Like I mentioned, I might be in the minority, but I'm really happy they are selling for the prices they listed. 

23 minutes ago, AJS said:

Like I mentioned, I might be in the minority, but I'm really happy they are selling for the prices they listed. 

We had people saying the secondary market would be outrageous due to the limited supply of tickets. If that's what the demand truly is, why not let UND get a nice cut of it for the exact reasons you stated?

If you want to calculate what the cost for season ticket holders is: Champions Club donation of likely $1500 at minimum plus another $160 for tickets for what is hopefully 8 games, all fo the sudden the price being asked for single game tickets doesn't seem so bad. And for those who rolled their money over or asked for a refund, ponying up for a game or two at that price shouldn't be that big of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Got email from the REA yesterday presale for DU series would be today at 10 am thru Ticketmaster.

Just got another email a few minutes ago presale now pushed to tomorrow at 10 am.

Dropped lower bowl ticket prices by $10 and upper bowls by $20.  Must have figured the 66% allotted attendance on Saturday wasn't due to the "raging" pandemic.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Got email from the REA yesterday presale for DU series would be today at 10 am thru Ticketmaster.

Just got another email a few minutes ago presale now pushed to tomorrow at 10 am.

Dropped lower bowl ticket prices by $10 and upper bowls by $20.  Must have figured the 66% allotted attendance on Saturday wasn't due to the "raging" pandemic.

But I thought the demand was going to be through the roof and those that got tickets were going to retire early reselling them on the secondary market?

Do you really think the price was the sole reason for people not attending the first home game in almost 11 months? An extra $20-30 a ticket is all it takes to turn off the fanbase? Those prices were below secondary prices in past years for lower bowl and not much different for the upper bowl seats (secondary or directly from UND).  

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

But I thought the demand was going to be through the roof and those that got tickets were going to retire early reselling them on the secondary market?

Do you really think the price was the sole reason for people not attending the first home game in almost 11 months? An extra $20-30 a ticket is all it takes to turn off the fanbase? Those prices were below secondary prices in past years for lower bowl and not much different for the upper bowl seats (secondary or directly from UND).  

No......I think it was more the "raging" pandemic. You are a Twamley apologist....what are your thoughts? Think the "kneeling" episode had anything to do with it? Wasn't a weather issue.

Nonetheless we went and we'll go to the DU series. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Put me and many fellow UND hockey fans that I know in the cost of tickets crowd.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

No......I think it was more the "raging" pandemic. You are a Twamley apologist....what are your thoughts? Think the "kneeling" episode had anything to do with it? Wasn't a weather issue.

Nonetheless we went and we'll go to the DU series. 

Hardly. I let my concerns be known directly to those in a position to do something and listen to the responses given. I find it much more worthwhile than coming up with my own theories and then complaining into the abyss.

I don't think the kneeling had anything to do with it. I know any donation issues were just a blip on the radar.

I think people aren't comfortable attending large events, particularly considering the average age of UND fans.
I also think UND made it a it tough if you were anything more than a group of two to go.
I do think attendance will be a bit higher the next few weekends now that people know what to expect.
While I actually buy the "price" argument to a point, I also think its a fairly weak excuse that some people used instead of saying they weren't comfortable going. There are plenty with legititmate concerns and personal issues that personal finances were a true hinderance but if that's the case, I highly doubt an extra $40-50/pair of tickets over what they normally cost made the difference. Especially considering plenty of people rolled their donations over (or took a refund) and likely have some extra entertainment dollars to spare given lack of events in general.
Frankly, its probably a longer-term concern that's been growing, I think people don't mind watching sports in the comfort of their home as they thought they did. Its been brewing the last few years with empty seats and considerable drop in secondary interest.

• Upvote 1

Excuses why there were almost 1000 unsold tickets.

-Price

-Raging pandemic

-Quality of the opponent

-There's a bird in the rafters

-Kneeling(my favorite)

-Would rather watch the game at home

-Found out Red Pepper wasn't going to be open in the Ralph(Actual reason for low attendance)

• Upvote 2