SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

13 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

They are broadcasting the semis and championship games. I don't think they have done any of the quarters in the past. 

Right.  The press release states that nchc.tv will be broadcasting the quarterfinals.  The quarters are usually best of 3 at home sites.  Midco has broadcast every quarterfinal game from the Ralph since their contract started.  But since this is the  still the conference tournament, they might require nchc.tv subscriptions for the quarterfinals  as a way to make money.  Hope they let Midco put it on TV.

Regardless of whether the tournament took place in Grand Forks or Baxter again its probably the right move.

I'm a bit shocked the NCAA has decided to keep the regionals where they are at for the time being.  Wouldn't surprise me going forward though if all the West teams stayed out west and the east teams stayed east.  At the same time its February and they don't have another place to host the NE regional yet.   

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, burd said:

That rating in February is a good sign of solid play, but it would nice if it were earned by an extended win streak rather than losses by top competitors.  

We were jumped earlier in the season by 'top competitors" because we lost.....kinda how it works. 8-2 in our last 10....

BC is 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.

40 minutes ago, burd said:

That rating in February is a good sign of solid play, but it would nice if it were earned by an extended win streak rather than losses by top competitors.  

27 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

We were jumped earlier in the season by 'top competitors" because we lost.....kinda how it works. 8-2 in our last 10....

BC is 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.

Right? And 6-2 since the pod and 13-4-1 overall haha. Feels like pretty much a season-long extended winning streak. Ok, not consecutive, but pretty dang good.

so Omaha got the NCHC bubble bc Nodak covid cases were thru the roof....we now got the playoffs because our numbers are better than Nebraska.

How many cycles did/does Nebraska use on their PCR test now versus then?

How many cycles did/does North Dakota use on their PCr test now versus then?

just wondering.

6 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

I like the single elimination, but rather than seeding 1-8, I think they should seed it by the pods from this season, 1W-4E, 1E-4W, etc.  With the unbalanced schedule, I think that would be the fairest setup and set up fresher and more interesting matchups in the quarterfinals.

agreed!

44 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I won’t bother reading fans’ comments on the stories posted on FB. I’m sure some fans aren’t happy about it. 

No fan speaks for a fan base anyway. I’ve seen a lot of jabber with no real counters to back it up. Just want everyone safe before, during and after.

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Thanks for the generalized statement in comparing the 2018-19 team with the 2020-21 team. This team often buries chances seeing we have the 6th highest scoring offense, much differently than 18-19. If you don't believe UND dominated (or whatever term you choose to use -- controlled, carried, etc.), then I don't know what to tell ya, guy. 

My point was dominating 5x5 doesn’t mean sh@t if you don’t do anything but pass the pick around and hit the goalie in the chest protector.