SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I can't think of anyone I know that didn't tell UND to go pound sand with ticketing fiasco. Seems to have been the right call. 

Based on what I've been told, a lot of donors were very generous with their donation and quite a few with their ticket money as well. Still scholarships and other bills to pay, so that's a good thing. 

Not exactly sure what telling "UND to go pound sound" accomplished because if you got tickets, you were only charged for the games that are scheduled to be played (8 vs. 21) on a prorated basis ($160 vs. $420). If you wanted your money back (ticket or donation), you got it back.  Not sure how anyone could say anything besides UND was more than fair and willing to work with people and basically give them whatever option they wanted, especially knowing they were going to face some upcoming budget issues. There were plenty of schools who refused to refund part or all of donations and/or ticket purchases.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Based on what I've been told, a lot of donors were very generous with their donation and many their ticket money as well. Still scholarships and other bills to pay. 

Not exactly sure what telling "UND to go pound sound" accomplished because if you got tickets, you were only charged for the games that are scheduled to be played (8 vs. 21) on a prorated basis ($160 vs. $420).

Not sure how anyone could say besides UND was more than fair and willing to work with people and basically have whatever option they wanted in regards to their donation and ticket purchase, especially knowing they were going to face some upcoming budget issues. There were plenty of schools who refused to refund part or all of donations and/or ticket purchases.

Guess there are other ways to be generous when one takes into account that one is giving financially without getting anything in return........especially in the circumstances many find themselves in right now but carry on. No offense but athletic scholarships aren't cracking my list.

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Guess there are other ways to be generous when one takes into account that one is giving financially without getting anything in return........especially in the circumstances many find themselves in right now but carry on. No offense but athletic scholarships aren't cracking my list.

And there is no problem with that, each person was given a full set of options to do what they want with all money given to UND. Different people have different circumstances. 

But I sure as hell wouldn't be leading with "go pound sand" when UND offered full refunds for anyone who wanted them and is allowing them to keep their seats for them for next season even if they pull back every dollar they had given to UND for 2020/2021.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

How would the extra games affect conference points tho? Unless all teams doing this. 

The article didn't really specify...unless they are just playing them as non-conference games against a conference opponent.  Like that year we played UMD in the HoF game.

13 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

How would the extra games affect conference points tho? Unless all teams doing this. 

My take is that the games against Colorado would be conference games and we would not make the trip to Colorado on February 12-13. 

47 minutes ago, petey23 said:

My take is that the games against Colorado would be conference games and we would not make the trip to Colorado on February 12-13. 

But it made it sound like the NCHC wasn’t involved in us adding games, so I would assume they would need to be if we were rescheduling league games.

25 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

So if the games are added they will play 2 games during the week and then play a rested du team over the weekend in the same week? I'm not a fan. 

Rather have UND get some games in before playing Denver vs not play any before seeing them. Getting to be a long stretch of not playing.

28 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Rather have UND get some games in before playing Denver vs not play any before seeing them. Getting to be a long stretch of not playing.

Yeah it'd be close to a month off if they don't play any games prior to DU.  Even if it is just a single game on Monday or Tuesday against CC before the weekend games against DU.

So UND is going to play a Sunday-Monday series @CC.  Made sense to schedule it before Denver, but now if Denver has Covid I guess they'd be making a flight home on Monday night or Tuesday morning.  

Its a good thing we upset Canada at the WJC because thats holding me over hockey wise for now.  

Hopefully we have some awesome folks that post links to NCHC live broadcasts, because the last time I paid for one of those the word tragedy came to mind a lot.....

• Upvote 2