SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

On 9/10/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sweethockey said:

I hope to see SIOUX hockey in person this season. The following clip came from an email from Goopher land. ISH!!!

Due to these realities, Gopher Athletics is taking the following steps to ensure its ability to adjust to the changing circumstances around COVID-19.

• If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, a limited number of tickets may be distributed on an individual, game-by-game basis.
  • There will be no 2020-21 hockey season tickets.

So many punchlines possible ... so little time.   My top ten tweaks to their announcement:

10.  "There will be no 2020-21 hockey season tickets, as if anyone cares."

9.  "If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, we're pretty sure a limited number of tickets will be plenty."

8.  "You guys have been great at social distancing ever since we left for the Big Ten"

7.  "If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, we're pretty sure nobody else will be close enough to risk getting infected."

6.  "There will be no 2020-21 hockey season tickets, just like in 2019-2020."

5.  " Even if the general public isn't allowed in, we will still allow NHL scouts .... BWHAHAHA!  Sorry almost got that out.   Okay they might be scouting the visiting team."

4.  "Gopher Athletics is taking the following steps /blah blah blah ...  Requiring all fans to wear a full face shield."

3.  ".... Goldy Gopher will be handing out free hand sanitizer as well as mouthwash to get the taste of losing out of your mouth."

2.  " ... even though there will be fewer of you, and contrary to everyone's understanding of supply and demand, we're raising ticket prices since hockey has to fund a whole bunch of other sports."

1.  "If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, ... PLEASE .... SOMEBODY .... SHOW UP!!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, farce poobah said:

So many punchlines possible ... so little time.   My top ten tweaks to their announcement:

10.  "There will be no 2020-21 hockey season tickets, as if anyone cares."

9.  "If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, we're pretty sure a limited number of tickets will be plenty."

8.  "You guys have been great at social distancing ever since we left for the Big Ten"

7.  "If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, we're pretty sure nobody else will be close enough to risk getting infected."

6.  "There will be no 2020-21 hockey season tickets, just like in 2019-2020."

5.  " Even if the general public isn't allowed in, we will still allow NHL scouts .... BWHAHAHA!  Sorry almost got that out.   Okay they might be scouting the visiting team."

4.  "Gopher Athletics is taking the following steps /blah blah blah ...  Requiring all fans to wear a full face shield."

3.  ".... Goldy Gopher will be handing out free hand sanitizer as well as mouthwash to get the taste of losing out of your mouth."

2.  " ... even though there will be fewer of you, and contrary to everyone's understanding of supply and demand, we're raising ticket prices since hockey has to fund a whole bunch of other sports."

1.  "If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, ... PLEASE .... SOMEBODY .... SHOW UP!!!!

-1.  "As we have in recent years, we ask you to share your pictures of any other fans you spot at games!"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Anyone validate the rumor a good chunck of the team was/is positive? TM and Schloss are into counting cases so maybe they would have reported  something  by now.

Heard half the team .. better now than in November 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

After going to JB's for some dinner friday night with the wife, doesn't surprise me much. Right about 930pm college kids started pouring in and I told her chug your drink, time to go home haha

Yeah-right.
You told her to chug because you had "ulterior motives" for when you got home. 

How'd it work out fur ya? ;) 

"The National Collegiate Hockey Conference has discussed numerous options for kicking off the 2020-21 season, and one of them involves bringing all eight member schools to one location and reeling off a number of games between Thanksgiving and Christmas."
The Ralph could be a 'hub'?
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6660448-The-NCHC-is-discussing-the-possibility-of-a-hub-city-could-Grand-Forks-be-an-option

2 hours ago, mikejm said:

"The National Collegiate Hockey Conference has discussed numerous options for kicking off the 2020-21 season, and one of them involves bringing all eight member schools to one location and reeling off a number of games between Thanksgiving and Christmas."
The Ralph could be a 'hub'?
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6660448-The-NCHC-is-discussing-the-possibility-of-a-hub-city-could-Grand-Forks-be-an-option

Heard the Ralph and one other arena put in bids to host all the teams 

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just finished my 21 question online survey  I got via email from REA on all things UND hockey as it related to potential games, seating, attendance, concessions, masks...…...

Any idea what they are thinking as far as the number of fans allowed if any?

7 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Any idea what they are thinking as far as the number of fans allowed if any?

What the REA wants or what Schloss will write about?

My uneducated guess would be 25% capacity per night.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My uneducated guess would be 25% capacity per night.

Cripes I hope you are wrong but you are probably not.  If it is safe for the players to be crashing into each other, breathing heavily, yelling, spitting, bleeding, and sweating on one another, then nobody sitting in front of me should really be terrified by me shoveling cheese-curds and Miller Lite down my throat.............

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Cripes I hope you are wrong but you are probably not.  If it is safe for the players to be crashing into each other, breathing heavily, yelling, spitting, bleeding, and sweating on one another, then nobody sitting in front of me should really be terrified by me shoveling cheese-curds and Miller Lite down my throat.............

Except the players will likely be tested regularly and held out if they test positive,  can you say the same for the people sitting around you?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Except the players will likely be tested regularly and held out if they test positive,  can you say the same for the people sitting around you?

Nope those fans won't be tested regularly......and those fans that are willing to go to a game are ok with that otherwise they wouldn't go.

Curious......what number of fans in the Ralph would you be ok with if hockey resumes?

• Upvote 2