SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

Well, the official roster is up ...
https://fightinghawks.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster

I went to grid view, sorted by Year, then by position to get this snippet:

2 Gabe Bast   D R 5-10 184 Sr. Red Deer, Alberta Penticton (BCHL) Communication
3 Matt Kiersted   D L 6-0 175 Sr. Elk River, Minn. Chicago (USHL) Marketing
20 Josh Rieger   D R 6-0 181 Sr. Regina, Saskatchewan Estevan (SJHL) Accountancy
24 Jacob Bernard-Docker OTT D R 6-1 195 Jr. Canmore, Alberta Okotoks (AJHL) Kinesiology
15 Ethan Frisch   D R 5-11 187 So. Moorhead, Minn. Fargo Force (USHL) Marketing
4 Cooper Moore DET D L 6-1 182 Fr. Cos Cob, Conn. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) Banking & Financial Economics
7 Mitchell Miller   D R 5-9 189 Fr. Sylvania, Ohio Tri-City Storm (USHL) Banking & Financial Economics
25 Tyler Kleven   D L 6-4 198 Fr. Fargo, N.D. U.S. Under-18 Team (NTDP) Marketing
26 Jake Sanderson   D L 6-0 183 Fr. Whitefish, Mont. U.S. Under-18 Team (NTDP) Kinesiology

My crazy theory that come fall 2021 Ethan Frisch could be the "old guy" of the defense (as a junior) is well on it's way. Given Tychonick's departure all it takes now is JBD going pro after a junior season ... if there is one ... :( 

And looking at that, I can see all the more why they brought in four freshmen this fall. They'll probably be bringing in three in fall 2021. That'd be a D of a junior, four sophs, and three freshmen ... and that assumes all the 2020 freshmen play a sophomore year. 

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Cancelling all the non conference games thru October is likely the outcome.  I would expect they would plan on starting the season with the Nov 6-7 series against St Cloud.  Who knows about fans.  If you can spread out 10,000 fans in the fargodome, not sure why you wouldn't be able to do 5000 at the Ralph.  We will wait and see I guess.

My neck of North Dakota had 67 positive tests in our county.  More than imperial Cass!  Likely due to a big testing event we had.  Hoping that school doesn't get called because my kids begged me to go for the first time ever...."Dad!!  We need to get away from mom!"

So this Schloss article doesn't surprise me in the least bit.  I can handle not seeing the Bizens and the Beaver trap.  Start in November, if no fans are allowed so be it, but let these kids start and finish something, and compete.

(Crossing my fingers to see the Irish still play Saturday) 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My neck of North Dakota had 67 positive tests in our county.  More than imperial Cass!  Likely due to a big testing event we had.  Hoping that school doesn't get called because my kids begged me to go for the first time ever...."Dad!!  We need to get away from mom!"

So this Schloss article doesn't surprise me in the least bit.  I can handle not seeing the Bizens and the Beaver trap.  Start in November, if no fans are allowed so be it, but let these kids start and finish something, and compete.

(Crossing my fingers to see the Irish still play Saturday) 

At this point...if you're under the age of 60 don't even get tested.  If I was a college student I would never get tested.....I would also never bring my kids to get tested.  Too much to lose at this point.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

I have it on good authority that fans WILL be allowed at the Ralph, but not full capacity.  

No decisions have been made and there are multiple plans being devised. However all parties involved want to put as many fans as allowed/recommended in the stands as they can. I'd guess the front-runner right now is ~50%/5,000 but that could very easily shift.

I hope to see SIOUX hockey in person this season. The following clip came from an email from Goopher land. ISH!!!

Due to these realities, Gopher Athletics is taking the following steps to ensure its ability to adjust to the changing circumstances around COVID-19.

• If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, a limited number of tickets may be distributed on an individual, game-by-game basis.
  • There will be no 2020-21 hockey season tickets.

8 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

I hope to see SIOUX hockey in person this season. The following clip came from an email from Goopher land. ISH!!!

Due to these realities, Gopher Athletics is taking the following steps to ensure its ability to adjust to the changing circumstances around COVID-19.

• If fans are permitted to attend home hockey games, a limited number of tickets may be distributed on an individual, game-by-game basis.

So less will show up to Gopher games now?

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

Probably won't have a noticeable effect on attendance... 

• Upvote 1