SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

15 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Possibly. Or it's an indicator the lockdowns are having a significantly negative effect on public health. Probably a combination. 

talked to someone that works at altru on friday...she says altru is full of "sick" people..non-rona sick people ...wonder why

1 hour ago, keikla said:

There was definitely suspicion that dead virus was contributing to false positives, but there were also reports of patients who became symptomatic again, even after a couple weeks without symptoms.  Those are the ones I'm interested in.

Did individuals who became symptomatic again have a similar experience to the first time or was it less extensive the second time.  I would assume less given the body's own immune system has already been exposed to the virus thus better able to fight it the second time.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

What are you personally looking for in these numbers? I'm curious. 

If ND did 5000 tests today and 157 came back positive what would that do for you other than pointing out like Forum Communications that the 157 positives is a new single day high in the state?

exactly...if ND did 5000 common flu tests and 157 came back positive what would/should we do?  Unlikethe rona where people probably are staying home for 2 weeks i can bet that half of those 157 are probably still going to work because "it's just the flu".

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly...if ND did 5000 common flu tests and 157 came back positive what would/should we do?  Unlikethe rona where people probably are staying home for 2 weeks i can bet that half of those 157 are probably still going to work because "it's just the flu".

Maybe this will be a good learning experience to everyone. If you are sick, stay home!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Fella said:

When we get a vacine or when we all act responsible when out with the public.  Some countries have been able to vertually  eliminate the virus when their citizens act responsibly,

did they really act responsibly or is it because they are not 300lbs and ride a subway for 2 hours everyday while drinking a 20oz mountain dew?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we finally agree on something!

I'm sure we agree on alot.

Keep in mind most infected with Covid are asymptomatic. Since we aren't sheltering in place, we need to take extra measures to make sure it doesn't spread like a wildfire. This means ramping up testing, contract tracing, and quarantining the known infected. And when you are out and about, please be considerate. Give people some space, don't go touching everything / don't bring your kids in the store to touch everything, and please wear a mask to protect others from what you might have.

So far we've got some of the bases covered. But when we've got people coming out and saying nobody will force them to wear a mask in public since it's their civil liberty to walk around without a mask and accusing people of living in fear when they question our lack of testing....just have some common decency.

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Oh great...next thing you’re going to tell me is that there are giant hornets that can kill a small child out there too.

I thought half of Texas was supposed to be dead already from the Africanized killer bees that arrived in the late 1980s...……..

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

By not shutting down their country, Sweden has lost just under 2,700 people or 0.0265% of their population.  The predictions from the educated said that they would lose 40,000 by May 1st and 100,000 by June.

Lockdown Stockholm Syndrome

https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/3rd-May-UK-Sweden-768x506.png?itok=aVwjc5BZ

Right, but Covid didn't hit Scandinavia as hard as expected. Comparing Sweden to the UK is quite disingenuous in terms of assessing the effectiveness of locking-down via raw numbers. 

More suitable comparisons are neighboring Finland and Norway (both of whom locked down) which Sweden is sandwiched in-between.   

Sweden's Covid death rate, per capita, is 6.5x higher than both Finland and Norway.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Right, but Covid didn't hit Scandinavia as hard as expected. Comparing Sweden to the UK is quite disingenuous in terms of assessing the effectiveness of locking-down via raw numbers. 

More suitable comparisons are neighboring Finland and Norway (both of whom locked down) which Sweden is sandwiched in-between.   

Sweden's Covid death rate, per capita, is 6.5x higher than both Finland and Norway.  

The point was that they were supposed to have 40,000 deaths by now, if they didn’t close everything down. They have around 2,700. The “experts” were way off.  I also, for weeks, kept hearing about flattening the curve or you would see a huge spike. Sweden didn’t seem to experience that. The UK, who did shut down, did spike, at least briefly. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I thought half of Texas was supposed to be dead already from the Africanized killer bees that arrived in the late 1980s...……..

Some were just coming out of their house for that, and now have to go back underground for this.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Simple philosophy about whether to wear a mask:

If you don't give a damn about anyone else, don't wear one.

If you care about other people, wear one.

My life, my choice. You can choose to stay home if you are so terrified of encountering me without a mask. Doesn't bother me in the slightest when I pass within 2 feet of another mask less person

• Downvote 1