SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

17 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Oh I'd just like to see the percentage of positives continue to trend downwards. If we are going into this blindly is it really a smart restart?

So essentially you want to see the entire state tested at least once before you let things fully to open up.  Oh...and the numbers need to be going down for how many days in a row?  Every day?  Til we reach zero?  

I need criteria. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How much daily and accumulative data do you need?  Again just curious.

If the Burgum is going to open things up claiming a smart restart and shooting for 3000 tests per day, there should be some follow through on this. 

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If the Burgum is going to open things up claiming a smart restart and shooting for 3000 tests per day, there should be some follow through on this. 

Wasn't the goal 2000/day in May, 4000/day in June, and 6000/day in July?

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

1000, 2000, 3000, 100000 tests per day......does it really matter as long as the positive percentage rate stays relatively consistent, the hospital admissions are stable and bodies aren't falling from the sky?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

1000, 2000, 3000, 100000 tests per day......does it really matter as long as the positive percentage rate stays relatively consistent, the hospital admissions are stable and bodies aren't falling from the sky?

I’m just going by numbers Burgum has mentioned. When we are mass testing long term care facilities but our test numbers are on the decline due to lack of supplies it’s a little disappointing.

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Thanks.  Memory is going.

Edit:  It's apparently changed since April 22, but the stated goal now is 4000 by the end of May. https://ndresponse.gov/sites/www/files/documents/covid-19/ND Smart Restart/8 Conditions.pdf

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Right.  So when does it stop?  

When we get a vacine or when we all act responsible when out with the public.  Some countries have been able to vertually  eliminate the virus when their citizens act responsibly,

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

When we get a vacine or when we all act responsible when out with the public.  Some countries have been able to vertually  eliminate the virus when their citizens act responsibly,

OK.  So next year sometime we open things up, start concerts and events?  Who has eliminated the virus and how do they compare to the U.S.?

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What are you personally looking for in these numbers? I'm curious. 

If ND did 5000 tests today and 137 came back positive what would that do for you other than pointing out like Forum Communications that the 157 positives is a new single day high in the state?

More tests could prove your point that COVID is widespread and rampant in our population, decreasing the crude mortality rate sooner, so Burgum would have better justification to open much sooner. As is, ND has the fourth highest testing per capita, yet we are 30th in positive cases per capita. Burgum likely see this as an indication that covid hasnt moved through our population yet. ND Sandford is rolling out 1200 antibody tests a day, which would also help confirm suspicions, but they said expect more information in the weeks to come.

Running more tests, isolating the sick, will be one of the quicker ways to reduce future positive cases as Old Fella implies. 

28 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8286345/UKs-work-blueprint-Hot-desking-banned-no-sharing-pens-canteens-closed.html

The UK starting to formulate possible work restrictions for the summer.  People over 70, pregnant women, and the severely obese could be required to work from home.  Just being tossed around the UK for now but I'd suggest that the just one-lifers on this board start plowing in calories or else they might have to leave their house before football season if the US follows suit. 

What are your thoughts on immunity passports? Prove you have had the disease and no longer a transmitter, that you are immune to be able enter your workplace. This idea is already circulating in the USA. Fauci already said it is a possibility on national news. I see this as a large threat
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/03/coronavirus-health-passports-for-uk-possible-in-months

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think the goal with testing is to allow us to respond before bodies start falling from the sky.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

OK.  So next year sometime we open things up, start concerts and events?  Who has eliminated the virus and how do they compare to the U.S.?

New Zeland and Iceland and to some extent Soutth Korea.  There may be others.

You of course know that the US has the most cases and most deaths from the virus than any other country in the world.  Russia may someday pass us as they are reporting 10,000 cases per day.

Someone show me any link, article or order that mandates that anyone has to leave their home, interact with anyone or start living their life again.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It’s happened in other places so what makes North Dakota special? 

Are you serious?  I know I am asking alot of questions this morning but wtf is going on in your mind right now....like 95% fear and 5% boredom?   

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Are you serious?  I know I am asking alot of questions this morning but wtf is going on in your mind right now....like 95% fear and 5% boredom?   

No one asked my opinion but here it is,

I have 0%f fear for me.

I have 100% fear for your children.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dynato said:

What are your thoughts on immunity passports? Prove you have had the disease and no longer a transmitter, that you are immune to be able enter your workplace. This idea is already circulating in the USA. Fauci already said it is a possibility on national news. I see this as a large threat

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/03/coronavirus-health-passports-for-uk-possible-in-months

I think the idea is great if you want to encourage discrimination and widen the gap that already exists between healthy people and those that are chronically sick.....but that seems to be the direction the people that are obsessed with testing for the sake of testing are headed with this.  While we are at it lets shut down the economy again and not let anyone go out until every 300lb person gets tested for heart disease.  Think of the lives that would be saved by doing that? 

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I have 0%f fear for me.

Children. The ones who aren't getting it.  The sentiment is great, the reality is... something else. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I have 0%f fear for me.

Statistics show my kids have a greater chance of death due to influenza, auto accidents or choking.