SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Fascinating how people can defend themselves not getting vaccinated.  What do they know that everyone else doesn't?  

In this particular case it's pretty clear that if not vaccinated their are rules in place that harm the program.  

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Masks and who knows what are coming 

mostly because some folks are too stubborn to get a shot - thanks 

:love:

Masks do NOT stop the spread of Covid. Biden's chief health official has made that statement twice in the past week.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Masks and who knows what are coming 

mostly because some folks are too stubborn to get a shot - thanks 

:love:

I try to avoid these conversations because there are so many Covid experts.

We have been told masks don't work, then that they do work, then that they are mandated, then not required, then that they should be mandated again, and then again told it will not prevent the spread.

We have also been told to get vaccinated, but that we will still need to wear masks (*see above), even with the vaccine we should socially distance, and that we can still get and transmit Covid (this is not surprising, as with the flu the vaccine does not prevent the virus, but helps).

We are told to follow the science, though the science changes weekly, if not daily.

Throw in the Dr's opinions, politicians opinions, whatever Fauci's opinion is, and of course the social media opinions, and we wonder why there is a lack of trust in the system and what to do. Is this a public health crisis, or a struggle for political power and control? (its both).

For the record, I wore a mask when mandated, and am vaccinated, but find it incredibly arrogant when anyone assumes everyone should going to get vaccinated immediately without question and that everything will be fixed and go away. History tends to repeat itself, and some of the social impacts we are seeing are pretty troubling as well; some would say more so than a virus with around a 99%+ survival rate. That being said, I also don't think the issue is to be taken lightly, be smart and do what makes sense; but there is a balance between taking preventative measures and still living our lives. It doesn't have to be so black and white, or left and right; even though that is the case with almost everything these days.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I try to avoid these conversations because there are so many Covid experts.

We have been told masks don't work, then that they do work, then that they are mandated, then not required, then that they should be mandated again, and then again told it will not prevent the spread.

We have also been told to get vaccinated, but that we will still need to wear masks (*see above), even with the vaccine we should socially distance, and that we can still get and transmit Covid (this is not surprising, as with the flu the vaccine does not prevent the virus, but helps).

We are told to follow the science, though the science changes weekly, if not daily.

Throw in the Dr's opinions, politicians opinions, whatever Fauci's opinion is, and of course the social media opinions, and we wonder why there is a lack of trust in the system and what to do. Is this a public health crisis, or a struggle for political power and control? (its both).

For the record, I wore a mask when mandated, and am vaccinated, but find it incredibly arrogant when anyone assumes everyone should going to get vaccinated immediately without question and that everything will be fixed and go away. History tends to repeat itself, and some of the social impacts we are seeing are pretty troubling as well; some would say more so than a virus with around a 99%+ survival rate. That being said, I also don't think the issue is to be taken lightly, be smart and do what makes sense; but there is a balance between taking preventative measures and still living our lives. It doesn't have to be so black and white, or left and right; even though that is the case with almost everything these days.

Here we go again - yes science does change, because scientists/medical experts learn more, the more they study things. Those that are deniers will never be convinced otherwise, example "I'm waiting for CDC approval" is now "The CDC rushed their approval". Not going to get into it, but when someone throws out the old "99%+ survival rate" myth, their credibility ends right there.  

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Here we go again - yes science does change, because scientists/medical experts learn more, the more they study things. Those that are deniers will never be convinced otherwise, example "I'm waiting for CDC approval" is now "The CDC rushed their approval". Not going to get into it, but when someone throws out the old "99%+ survival rate" myth, their credibility ends right there.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/masks-vaccinated-herd-mucosal-natural-immunity-11629499388

27 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Yes, the science changes. interesting that it changes back and forth multiple times on some of this stuff though. Also interesting when a supposed Dr's opinion changes to align with his political counterparts. If there was a different president in the White House, it would just be a different group of people screaming a different cry about this.

If you read my comments, its about as unbiased as it gets. Its the whole "I'm right, and you're wrong" mentality that is frustrating, and it comes from the extreme ends on both sides of the debate. My point was that with all of the different and conflicting information, guidelines, opinions we are being fed, it is no wonder there is confusion and hesitation throughout the population. Some choose to listen to one side, some choose to listen to the other side, some don't want to listen to anyone, because its all so conflicting. So who is right?

What I do find interesting, is that from traditional political standpoint ... often the more liberal folks are more passive with the standard immunizations for kids, and the more conservative side push getting kids vaccinated before they are school age. Whereas it is almost the exact opposite for Covid. I get there are different arguments for the whys and why nots, but I do find it interesting, and indicative of the depth to which this has become political.

Altogether, its a mess, and I don't know how anyone, let alone posters on a message board or social media can claim to be experts on this stuff.

But I digress, Football!!!

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yes, the science changes. interesting that it changes back and forth multiple times on some of this stuff though. Also interesting when a supposed Dr's opinion changes to align with his political counterparts. If there was a different president in the White House, it would just be a different group of people screaming a different cry about this.

If you read my comments, its about as unbiased as it gets. Its the whole "I'm right, and you're wrong" mentality that is frustrating, and it comes from the extreme ends on both sides of the debate. My point was that with all of the different and conflicting information, guidelines, opinions we are being fed, it is no wonder there is confusion and hesitation throughout the population. Some choose to listen to one side, some choose to listen to the other side, some don't want to listen to anyone, because its all so conflicting. So who is right?

What I do find interesting, is that from traditional political standpoint ... often the more liberal folks are more passive with the standard immunizations for kids, and the more conservative side push getting kids vaccinated before they are school age. Whereas it is almost the exact opposite for Covid. I get there are different arguments for the whys and why nots, but I do find it interesting, and indicative of the depth to which this has become political.

Altogether, its a mess, and I don't know how anyone, let alone posters on a message board or social media can claim to be experts on this stuff.

But I digress, Football!!!

I didn't really want to get into this discussion, however..... 

I live in Florida.  Hospital ICUs are full and many people are dying, including many in their 30's and 40's along with some teens and folks in their 20's.  Nearly all of them had not had the vaccine.

I am not smart enough to know if masks help but I wear them in public.  If my wearing a mask may keep my wife and me healthy - along with others, I will continue to wear them until this wave passes!