SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

No one asked my opinion but here it is,

I have 0%f fear for me.

I have 100% fear for your children.

Fear for children?  Hasn't the data shown that the young have been largely unscathed?  

9 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I have 0%f fear for me.

Fear for the children of a disease that they aren't getting and aren't dying from but don't care at all about the economy and life they will live post pandemic.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Fear for the children of a disease that they aren't getting and aren't dying from but don't care at all about the economy and life they will live post pandemic.

Read my posts/I am a realist and realize the economy must be opened.  Also realize that until people take responsibility the virus will continue.

15 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It’s happened in other places so what makes North Dakota special? 

Isn't New York's situation much more "special" than North Dakota's?

What area with a population density and demographic profile similar to ND has been disproportionately hard hit?  With the positive cases to date, and the medical results of those positive folks,  what leads you to believe ND will turn into NY?

All the testing in the world is not going to eliminate the virus.  We're still likely to get it at some point in the next 8 months.  In ND we haven't flattened the curve, we've crushed it.  Any North Dakotan that gets the virus will get the best medical care we can provide.  Nobody is going to be shipped to the Fargodome.

Protect the vulnerable, be smart and let's get back to work

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Don't like to be repetative but "that is relavent because---"

It's relevant because the chicken littles keep citing testing testing testing.....and percentages.....and mortality rates.....etc.  So citing normal daily activities that come with higher risk than Covid-19 is an attempt to put things into perspective for people that have a hard time seeing the big picture.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It's relevant because the chicken littles keep citing testing testing testing.....and percentages.....and mortality rates.....etc.  So citing normal daily activities that come with higher risk than Covid-19 is an attempt to put things into perspective for people that have a hard time seeing the big picture.  

oh.

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Are you serious?  I know I am asking alot of questions this morning but wtf is going on in your mind right now....like 95% fear and 5% boredom?   

Why do people questioning our state's current testing capability enrage you so? Why worry what's going on in my mind? We've got loonies out there that think it's their right to parade around without a mask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/04/security-guards-death-might-have-been-because-he-wouldnt-let-woman-store-without-mask/

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

That is wonderful as long as the 1 who gets the virus is not yours.

LOL...so if one kid gets it then we were wrong for our decision.  ONE.  

"If we can save just one kid, and I mean literally one kid, then it was worth the hundreds of billions of dollars in damage".   Old Fella.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Why do people questioning our state's current testing capability enrage you so? Why worry what's going on in my mind? We've got loonies out there that think it's their right to parade around without a mask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/04/security-guards-death-might-have-been-because-he-wouldnt-let-woman-store-without-mask/

You are the only one who cares about state testing numbers.  You are telling us that basically everybody needs to be cleared before we can move on.  

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

That is wonderful as long as the 1 who gets the virus is not yours.

I understand that there's basically a 100% chance that my kids will get it (if they haven't already).  Isn't that a given?  If the goal is to stop any child from getting any virus at all cost we are truly screwed.  

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

LOL...so if one kid gets it then we were wrong for our decision.  ONE.  

"If we can save just one kid, and I mean literally one kid, then it was worth the hundreds of billions of dollars in damage".   Old Fella.  

Your decision not to act responsibly when out in public is WRong!

21 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I have 0%f fear for me.

Right, but you have no problem ruining their futures.  When you look at the mortality rate of kids,  you will have more kids that end up dying from despair and unintended consequences than the virus itself.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

You are the only one who cares about state testing numbers.  You are telling us that basically everybody needs to be cleared before we can move on.  

I haven't said that. I am simply pointing out that we are in a SmartRestart campaign and not following the testing numbers that Burgum has laid out.

Just now, tnt said:

Right, but you have no problem ruining their futures.  When you look at the mortality rate of kids,  you will have more kids that end up dying from despair and unintended consequences than the virus itself.   

Again, read my posts.  The economy must be opened and stay open.  People must take the responsibilty and have the decency to respect others when out in public.

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Your decision not to act responsibly when out in public is WRong!

How do you know how I act in public?  I am staying home except for many grocery runs and Scheels once.  

Walmart, Target and such are petri dishes IMO.  I can touch shelves, product, whatever anytime I want and it won't be cleaned.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Because we have no statistics on Covid19. It's starting to affect some kids, and we know nothing of it's long term affects on infected children.

https://abc7ny.com/mystery-illness-children-coronavirus-nyc-update/6152212/

I thought yesterday you were a CDC believer. Go look at their data for this demographic.

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Again, read my posts.  The economy must be opened and stay open.  People must take the responsibilty and have the decency to respect others when out in public.

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How do you know how I act in public?  I am staying home except for many grocery runs and Scheels once.  

Walmart, Target and such are petri dishes IMO.  I can touch shelves, product, whatever anytime I want and it won't be cleaned.

I'm sorry.

Had the impression you di not wear a mask when out in the puplic.

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

You must really be offended that you can't go nude when out in public.