SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

Well you better get prepared. Just don't do this when you are asked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/04/security-guards-death-might-have-been-because-he-wouldnt-let-woman-store-without-mask/

19 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

That is wonderful as long as the 1 who gets the virus is not yours.

You can't be serious?  Using that logic then I can't send my kid out in the summer (West Nile).....he can't ever swim in fresh water again (blue algae)....he can never go to school from Nov-March (flu)....can never ride in a car (car accidents).  Etc.  Listen to yourself!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I'm using a page out of Oxbow's playbook.

Hardly...…..you've never posted anything rational or factual in this thread.

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

You can't be serious?  Using that logic then I can't send my kid out in the summer (West Nile).....he can't ever swim in fresh water again (blue algae)....he can never go to school from Nov-March (flu)....can never ride in a car (car accidents).  Etc.  Listen to yourself!

Don't recall saying that.

Being an optomist just think if is not a great sacrifice to act responsibly which includes wearing a mask

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hardly...…..you've never posted anything rational in this thread.

Thank You!

17 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Your decision not to act responsibly when out in public is WRong!

I'm not wearing a mask.  If I feel at all ill I'm not going out.  While out I practice social distancing and take all precautions to be courteous.

It's funny how I don't recall people wearing masks before from October to April each year.  

Have you ever been to a nursing home before Old Fella?  If you have, and you weren't wearing a mask, you are completely irresponsible and you may have given someone the flu and killed  them. 

1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

I'm not wearing a mask.  If I feel at all ill I'm not going out.  While out I practice social distancing and take all precautions to be courteous.

It's funny how I don't recall people wearing masks before from October to April each year.  

Have you ever been to a nursing home before Old Fella?  If you have, and you weren't wearing a mask, you are completely irresponsible and you may have given someone the flu and killed  them. 

Looking at your moniker it appears you are or have been at UND.

Assuming that you for sure know you do not have to be feelling ill to be carrying the virus.

The very notion of an immunity/health passport is laughable.  Exactly which condition(s) - past, present, future - are elevated to passport-level?  And how is that decision going to be made?  What about genetic predispositions...gonna screen for those, too?  Will there be armed checkpoints?  Brain scans?  Exploding restraint collars?  The dystopian future is NOW.

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Looking at your moniker it appears you are or have been at UND.

Assuming that you for sure know you do not have to be feelling ill to be carrying the virus.

I'm fully aware of being asymptomatic, hence the taking reasonable precautions.

I also assume you are also aware of being asymptomatic and hence have always worn a mask from October to April., unless of course you are a selfish hypocrite.

1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

I also assume you are also aware of being asymptomatic and hence have always worn a mask from October to April., unless of course you are a selfish hypocrite.

You realize that the facemask requirement at local medical centers and many retailers is fairly new right? If you go to Altru will you refuse to wear a mask? How about Hugo's?

22 minutes ago, keikla said:

Immunity passes are entirely reliant on the assumption that once infected you are immune.  I haven't seen anything to support that assumption, and early reports from South Korea actively suggest otherwise.

Not sure if you're referring to reports of people in South Korea testing positive for a second time, but it appears those were likely false positives.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ignorant and living in fear is no way to live but you continue being you.

Nobody ever accussed me of being very smart.

I live in 0% fear for me.  I do fear that if people do not take responsibilty for their actions we will see a new waive of the virus which could be worse than what we are now experiencing.

9 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Have you heard of flu shots?

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Have you heard of flu shots?

Any idea what % of the population gets the flu shot every year?  Probably close to the same % of the population running around right now without a mask on.

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You realize that the facemask requirement at local medical centers and many retailers is fairly new right? If you go to Altru will you refuse to wear a mask? How about Hugo's?

It's their private establishment and their rules.  Of course I'd abide by their wishes.

40 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

Now I'm just curious: When you say you won't tolerate it, are you just going to avoid stores/places that require them or are you going to openly defy their requirements? I'm not a fan of them personally but if I need groceries and Hugo's requires customers to wear a mask.....well I guess I'll wear one. 

As for your second point, doesn't it make sense as things start opening back up, as most people have been pushing for, that updated requirements about continuing to be cautious be put in place while that happens and they continue to test the waters on what effect opening up has on the curve? To me, it appears they are slowly throttling up with the theory that if they open up full bore and their is a significant spike, you can't put that back in the tube.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Now I'm just curious: When you say you won't tolerate it, are you just going to avoid stores/places that require them or are you going to openly defy their requirements? I'm not a fan of them personally but if I need groceries and Hugo's requires customers to wear a mask.....well I guess I'll wear one. 

As for your second point, doesn't it make sense as things start opening back up, as most people have been pushing for, that updated requirements about continuing to be cautious be put in place while that happens and they continue to test the waters on what effect opening up has on the curve? To me, it appears they are slowly throttling up with the theory that if they open up full bore and their is a significant spike, you can't put that back in the tube.

Yes, I will literally go out of my way to frequent businesses that do not require masks.  And I will withhold patronage from those that do whenever possible.

You can't put any of this "in a tube."  It's a virus (hardly the only one), we are living organisms, we are social by nature, and some of us will succumb to pathogens.  That's literally the way it has always been and will always be.  I weep for the future of mankind if this is the best we can do.  Scaring people into staying home and wearing a mask in public.  Shaming people for living their lives.  Life is all about risks and choices.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dynato said:

More tests could prove your point that COVID is widespread and rampant in our population, decreasing the crude mortality rate sooner, so Burgum would have better justification to open much sooner. As is, ND has the fourth highest testing per capita, yet we are 30th in positive cases per capita. Burgum likely see this as an indication that covid hasnt moved through our population yet. ND Sandford is rolling out 1200 antibody tests a day, which would also help confirm suspicions, but they said expect more information in the weeks to come.

Running more tests, isolating the sick, will be one of the quicker ways to reduce future positive cases as Old Fella implies. 

What are your thoughts on immunity passports? Prove you have had the disease and no longer a transmitter, that you are immune to be able enter your workplace. This idea is already circulating in the USA. Fauci already said it is a possibility on national news. I see this as a large threat
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/03/coronavirus-health-passports-for-uk-possible-in-months

Could these passports then be used for Voter ID?

55 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Yes, I will literally go out of my way to frequent businesses that do not require masks.  And I will withhold patronage from those that do whenever possible.

You can't put any of this "in a tube."  It's a virus (hardly the only one), we are living organisms, we are social by nature, and some of us will succumb to pathogens.  That's literally the way it has always been and will always be.  I weep for the future of mankind if this is the best we can do.  Scaring people into staying home and wearing a mask in public.  Shaming people for living their lives.  Life is all about risks and choices.

You in Grand Forks? Where will you seek your medical care? How about buy your groceries? 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic