SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

What are those consequences then?

There are several ‘deliberate’ C-19 related cases with state and federal ramifications currently in the legal system...

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Honest question because no one I've asked has a good answer: Where do the caretakers (and their families) who are responsible to take care of the sick/vulnerable population who are quarantined fit in?

They need to use good judgment.  The coordinators of these vulnerable people’s care must have a contingency if the care giver gets sick

31 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

@Oxbow6 Off topic - any other gems in Fargo for food? Moe's is no longer one... I love Tacos Trumpos, Kobe's to name a few (long work day, can't think of more)....

Mango's for Mexican.

Great Wall for Chinese.

Hi-Ho South for a cheeseburger and fries.

Himalayan Yak for Indian.

NoBull Smokehouse for BBQ.

Poke Bowl for Hawaiian.

Black Coffee and Waffle Bar is terrific.

3 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

They need to use good judgment.  The coordinators of these vulnerable people’s care must have a contingency if the care giver gets sick

"if the caregiver get sick".......So what happens when caregivers are in the window where they are contagious but not yet showing any symptoms or end up being completely asymptomatic but are still carrying and shedding the virus?

Point being, you can't just claim isolating the vulnerable and those who need care will be a simple fix.

4 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

If you would have told me from the beginning that my personal freedom would have only been reduced for a few a weeks, I would have been on board. The issue right now is there isn't a plan for those personal freedoms to come back, and the moment somebody brings up that we should start working on that, they get accused of not caring if people die.

We've been given no plan whatsoever (for anything) from the start.  Our government’s lack of leadership, preparation and execution has been shameful.   As a result we’re stuck with ‘all or nothing’ decisions with nothing in sight and no idea as to how this will end.       

As I watch all these European and Asian countries open up as their death rates fall after each's government and citizenry tackled the problem in unison, and we sit here in the US with a tattered economy, a continuing steady death rate and politicians and citizens at each other's throats, I cant help but think we're gonna be a very different country coming out of this than we were going in.        

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Of course not - are you saying that if a person knows they were exposed to the virus directly they have no accountability when it comes to staying home vs going out into the community and infecting others? 

Are you making an assumption that this woman KNEW she had been potentially exposed thru her husband and STILL went to work?

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

"if the caregiver get sick".......So what happens when caregivers are in the window where they are contagious but not yet showing any symptoms or end up being completely asymptomatic but are still carrying and shedding the virus?

Point being, you can't just claim isolating the vulnerable and those who need care will be a simple fix.

It’s about true likelihood, if they are sick or have a strong reason to believe they are infected and shedding.  

for the record, my worldview is NOT that this is all worth it if we save even one life from covid.  That’s a child’s lens and a political statement.  

sometimes you have to sacrifice a battalion to win a battle.

I have a vendor in Louisiana who knew of four people in the New Orleans metro who had it  3 of them said it was just like a normal flu.  The other said it was like a really nasty flu.  All four are over it.  

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

It’s about true likelihood, if they are sick or have a strong reason to believe they are infected and shedding.  

for the record, my worldview is NOT that this is all worth it if we save even one life from covid.  That’s a child’s lens and a political statement.  

sometimes you have to sacrifice a battalion to win a battle.

You don’t necessarily have to storm the beach either.   A better strategy can certainly make a difference.  

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Over/under at 2.85M on the irrelevant weekly jobless claims report tomorrow at 730 am CT.

If you bet the over you win a free mask from Old Fella.......another 3.17M filed unemployment claims last week.

33+M unemployed since this country pushed all it's chips in the middle with the lockdown.

#wehavebeenFauci'd

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you bet the over you win a free mask from Old Fella.......another 3.17M filed unemployment claims last week.

33+M unemployed since this country pushed all it's chips in the middle with the lockdown.

The chips they pushed in the middle are from just new printed money, more where that came from!

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The chips they pushed in the middle are from just new printed money, more where that came from!

If you have poster of AOC tacked to your ceiling above your bed you go ahead and run with that! ;)

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Thanks for thinking of me/it means alot.

Sure you can tell all of us why  Cass County has more cases and dealths from the virus that the rest of the state combined?  

It certainly would have nothing to do with you going to a resturant where neither you or the staff wear masks,

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Thanks for thinking of me/it means alot.

Sure you can tell all of us why  Cass County has more cases and dealths from the virus that the rest of the state combined?  

It certainly would have nothing to do with you going to a resturant where neither you or the staff wear masks,

You can start with size of population.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

You can start with size of population.

That's concept is well over his pay grade.

.....and considering Cass is home to the largest group of the "elderly and vulnerable" in the state it's the caregivers fault.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic