SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You sure seem like a avid fan. Hang in there my friend, it'll getter better as the wins come.
Works that way all across American. Let's put another W in the bucket today.

Yeah, you're right about winning and that's a great point.  I should probably get back to work and do my own job.    At least for 10 min until game time.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So biggest question out there.....Does the team continue with the black jerseys on the road next weekend?  I say absolutely!!  Keep going with what works!!  Business suits seem to work well for UND sports teams!!!

Road teams typically wear white so I bet that's what they wear. However, keep the blacks rolling at home!

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The Big Sky is soft they said.

Wait until your have to play real teams they said.

Wait until you have to play in the Missouri valley Football conference they said.

It will be a reality check they said.

Big Boy Football they said.

You will get beat up in the Valley they said.

^^^This^^^

30 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Could always go with the black and white road combo used awhile back!! Keep a little bit of the karma going!!

black.jpeg

I do like that look! I also like the all whites with green helmets. In this case i'd go with the black pants to keep the mojo going.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The Big Sky is soft they said.

Wait until your have to play real teams they said.

Wait until you have to play in the Missouri valley Football conference they said.

It will be a reality check they said.

Big Boy Football they said.

You will get beat up in the Valley they said.

If I knew how to do it I would make a video with guys like Dom Izzo talking about this with images of negative tweets displayed, and then it would transition to a highlight video of UND dominating and then clips of Dom back tracking.  

• Upvote 2

I have to imagine that the way UND is playing, in conjunction with the way NDSU is playing will really help balance the regional recruiting IF the trajectory continues through the spring. Wins over SDSU and USD already help, and a win over NDSU would be big too.  A strong spring season is great, but if we can back it up with another nice season in the Fall we will really be positioning ourselves to win more of the recruiting battles we need.

I am well aware that I am looking way to far ahead with some of this, but from a recruiting standpoint, it would certainly help. From a playing standpoint, all focus is on Western.

• Upvote 2

Wow what a great season so far! So many positive things on both offense and defense.  Love our schemes on both sides and we are back to a defense that gets pressure and sends people from everywhere. Getting back to the days when it was questionable if the other teams QB would make it a full game!  After watching all 3 games (2 in person) I do have a question for the even more hardcore fans than me.  One thing I have noticed is Tommy seems to consitently be a half second late in making his throws, not throwing until well after the WR breaks often time giving the DB time to catch up or ending up to close to the sideline to make a play. Is this something others are seeing and if so does that get fixed with game experience and practice?  I assume so?  I just worry given he has such great protection many times that those should be easy in rhythm throws that even a young QB should make at the FCS level.  Please tell me that comes with experience so I can be as excited about this team as I want to be!

So far in all three games we have sent their starting quarterback to the trainer, the USD quarterback came back out and took them down the field, but have to wonder if he didn't have some issues that limited him. 

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

So far in all three games we have sent their starting quarterback to the trainer, the USD quarterback came back out and took them down the field, but have to wonder if he didn't have some issues that limited him. 

I think he took a couple of shots during the ISU game too, and with the short week, he really didn't get much time to heal up. Especially when he was under fire all night long