SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

42 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

How many scholarships would you have if all your seniors come back this fall?

That's the narrow gate many are having to find a way through.

If a group of players stay, instead of the usual "five" classes on campus you could have "six". 

sorry if this should be asked elsewhere, but what is the best route for watching the upcoming football games?  I have Midco internet but not cable channels.  I see MidcoSN carries some and MVFC tv shows some.  does either show all the games?  (except for the last one where apparently there is no tv coverage).  any suggestions are appreciated.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:01 PM, The Sicatoka said:

That's the narrow gate many are having to find a way through.

If a group of players stay, instead of the usual "five" classes on campus you could have "six". 

According to the NCAA if a player becomes a super senior (6th year) the school can choose to fund or not fund their scholarship.  However, if funded, their scholarship does NOT count toward the teams total available.   Essentially UND can decide if they want to fund / have the abiity to fund / and who they want t fund each year for the next few years.  

What in the......12 days until we have an actual football game?  I can't believe its so close.

Nothing like a noon kickoff in late February to open up the football season!  The thing that still hurts the most about this season is not getting @Teeder11's fantastic reports from the bleachers of Memorial Stadium.  Now, I have zero clue who has looked good leading up to the start of the season. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LDL said:

sorry if this should be asked elsewhere, but what is the best route for watching the upcoming football games?  I have Midco internet but not cable channels.  I see MidcoSN carries some and MVFC tv shows some.  does either show all the games?  (except for the last one where apparently there is no tv coverage).  any suggestions are appreciated.

If most or all games are not broadcast on espn+ and espn3 as in the past, then I have the same question. 

Southern Illinois...first game is only ten days away.  What are the early predictions as to how this game goes?  So quiet in here......need something to talk about.  They are picked ahead of us and should be a solid team.  It will be a good test right out of the gate to give us an idea of where we are at. 

CARBONDALE, Ill. — Southern Illinois was picked to finish fifth in the Missouri Valley Football Conference preseason poll released Wednesday, the highest the program has been picked to finish since the 2014 season. The No. 24 ranked Salukis are coming off a 7-5 season in 2019 and won their only game in the 2020 fall season when they beat No. 25 SEMO. 

16 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Southern Illinois...first game is only ten days away.  What are the early predictions as to how this game goes?  So quiet in here......need something to talk about.  They are picked ahead of us and should be a solid team.  It will be a good test right out of the gate to give us an idea of where we are at. 

CARBONDALE, Ill. — Southern Illinois was picked to finish fifth in the Missouri Valley Football Conference preseason poll released Wednesday, the highest the program has been picked to finish since the 2014 season. The No. 24 ranked Salukis are coming off a 7-5 season in 2019 and won their only game in the 2020 fall season when they beat No. 25 SEMO. 

i hope the moustache is in the crowd at the al

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I really don’t know what to predict. I know I am excited to see a full game sample from Schuster (I’m assuming). I keep hearing things about Bo Belquist so excited to see him. Really looking forward to watching our CBs. A little nervous about our kicking situation. 

it starts and ends with the o line and d line...all eyes on the hogs on both sides. if we can't run or stop the run it's season over and looking for a new coach.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it starts and ends with the o line and d line...all eyes on the hogs on both sides. if we can't run or stop the run it's season over and looking for a new coach.

Didn't Bubba get a fairly long term deal? He aint going anywhere after this spring season, that's for sure.

8 minutes ago, shep said:

Didn't Bubba get a fairly long term deal? He aint going anywhere after this spring season, that's for sure.

Yeah and I think I'd be fine with that too.  Until we have upgraded facilities, Bubba is a perfect fit for the job imo, and UND needs to get Freund more experience at OC if he is eventually going to be head coach (like most of us want).