SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

11 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I get that we are new to the MVFC and opposing coaches might not know much about our squad, but I found the preseason all conference picks they made for UND laughable.

Yeah I agree.  No Holm or Noah Larson?  Hopefully our guys prove some people wrong!

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it starts and ends with the o line and d line...all eyes on the hogs on both sides. if we can't run or stop the run it's season over and looking for a new coach.

The OL has put 15 lbs back on, almost everyone back, all of them healthy so far I believe, one more year of experience.....I'm hoping this is the year the OL puts it all together.  While we lost Bennet from Fall 2019 on the DL, we were so undersized.  Most of those guys put on weight since then and should be more experienced, lets hope we see some improvement there as well.  

The fact that our OL, on paper, should be improved...gets me excited.  Would be nice to see what Danny can do when we actually have a consistent running game. 

36 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

The OL has put 15 lbs back on, almost everyone back, all of them healthy so far I believe, one more year of experience.....I'm hoping this is the year the OL puts it all together.  While we lost Bennet from Fall 2019 on the DL, we were so undersized.  Most of those guys put on weight since then and should be more experienced, lets hope we see some improvement there as well.  

The fact that our OL, on paper, should be improved...gets me excited.  Would be nice to see what Danny can do when we actually have a consistent running game. 

I completely agree with this here. Probably the most confident I have been in this group in the last five years. Obviously the players playthe largest role in this, but Coach Pawluk has shown to be a huge upgrade from Knauf. 

As for the running game, I thought JJ underachieved considered all the hype around him when he came in. Excited to see that group this year!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I have to think ESPN3/+ will still be streaming the games, even if they aren't up yet.

Super pumped that we are just over a week away from UND football. It seemed like it was never going to happen! That being said, there have been too many season since going D1 where I am been totally pumped for the potential of this team only to get some early disappointment. Lets go get a big win in week 1! There is talent out there, I hope the coaches maximize it!

34 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Pretty high praise from Tom Miller on Jake Richter. Definitely excited to see what he can do.

MSUM has had a good passing attack for years Doesn’t surprise me that Richter is a good addition. 

As said many times here. If the O-line can move the line and pass block we can be pretty good.

Go O-Line!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Doesn’t seem real yet that we play next weekend.

Should I assume that every team is treating this as a regular season? Not holding anything back or playing personal differently?

will losing teams say that this isn’t the real season so no big deal? 

I think for a lot of teams it's going to depend on how things go.  For example, should we lose the opener and then lose to SDSU, and then get a 3rd loss by mid season, well at that point playoffs are pretty much out the window.  I could then see the coaches getting younger players more reps than they normally would, and I would hope the do so.  Nobody is losing out of a year of eligibility this year, so by the end of the year, depending on your record....may determine how hard you are really trying to win.  Not that you aren't trying, but maybe not giving all of your studs as many reps, keep them healthy for the fall, getting young guys some experience to build depth for the fall. On the other hand, if you are winning.....you are going to pretty much play it out as regular season trying to keep winning and make the playoffs.   That is my take on how it may play out.