SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

Herald website is now paywalled but not particularly sophisticated; you can read all the articles you want if you are using Firefox (and maybe others, only tried with FF) on a desktop.

Put it in Reader view (F9) before the paywall block comes up and you can read any article you want. This trick works on some, but not all news sites. The Athletic, STrib, and more don't allow this work around.

8 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

Gophersports.com has the games at 7:00.  Do you know if that's accurate?  When buying tickets, my mom was under the impression they were in the afternoon each day.

U of M and Fox Sports North just released game times last week. So that should be correct. They are not afternoon games.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Herald website is now paywalled but not particularly sophisticated; you can read all the articles you want if you are using Firefox (and maybe others, only tried with FF) on a desktop.

Put it in Reader view (F9) before the paywall block comes up and you can read any article you want. This trick works on some, but not all news sites. The Athletic, STrib, and more don't allow this work around.

shhhhh....don't let the secrets out.

• Upvote 1

5-0 win was a good start.....latest 'National Poll' had 'Hawks at #18... 6th rated team in the conference...behind the  4 usual powers plus Western Michigan....early polls don't really matter, but gives a look at what the nation of hockey  thinks of a school/team....

3 hours ago, John W. said:

5-0 win was a good start.....latest 'National Poll' had 'Hawks at #18... 6th rated team in the conference...behind the  4 usual powers plus Western Michigan....early polls don't really matter, but gives a look at what the nation of hockey  thinks of a school/team....

Initial polls are mostly a reflection of the prior year's record, something "the nation of hockey" knows very well.  To the extent polls ever mean anything, regardless of what time of year it is, let's wait for February to give a dam.  If, at that time, UND has a high ranking despite playing the best competition in the country, then they will have something to feel good about.  This might be a mediocre team--we'll see.   And when you are one to the two best programs in the country, there will always be jealous also-rans there to remind you of a mediocre season.   Which is OK.  The price of being on the top of the pile.  

3 hours ago, John W. said:

5-0 win was a good start.....latest 'National Poll' had 'Hawks at #18... 5th rated team in the conference...behind the  4 usual powers plus Western Michigan....early polls don't really matter, but gives a look at what the nation of hockey  thinks of a school/team....

Fixed your post since clearly you can’t count, in addition to your punctuation issues. 

6 hours ago, John W. said:

Ahhh geeez looks like someone left the computer unlocked again.

Always a treat when the institution's employees forget to log out and we get some wisdom dropped.

You are correct....5th....Mankato. Is WCHA...but it must be  Western  Michigan's fab facilities...that has them rated that high...Some of you believe the 'fake news' hype of the Heralt'...As I've said before....I do like hockey and followed UND hockey since Rube Bjorkman days...Current state of UND hockey is arrogance....by some......

22 minutes ago, John W. said:

You are correct....5th....Mankato. Is WCHA...but it must be  Western  Michigan's fab facilities...that has them rated that high...Some of you believe the 'fake news' hype of the Heralt'...As I've said before....I do like hockey and followed UND hockey since Rube Bjorkman days...Current state of UND hockey is arrogance....by some......

John, I think you are going to be in for a long, disappointing season... this team is going to be really good. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I've been meaning to ask this question after last week and now again after last night is anybody worried about Caulfield? For him to be behind Casey Johnson on the depth chart is scary to me. I know for some reason Berry loves him some CJ but yikes!

After watching him play a few times last year, I thought he coasted a bit.  If Berry is keeping him out to make sure he has the compete necessary in college hockey, I am good with that in the long run.  Don’t know if that would be the case, but I hope with our depth we use that to have expectations for practice that will carry over to the games. 

On 10/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, I Ranger said:

I've been meaning to ask this question after last week and now again after last night is anybody worried about Caulfield? For him to be behind Casey Johnson on the depth chart is scary to me. I know for some reason Berry loves him some CJ but yikes!

Peraonally I think,  and hope, this weekends roster decisions were to give some some playing time they may not see again this year. 

Also to give them every chance to prove their worth at quasi-exhibition speed so to say.

We shall see next weekend I guess.

3 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

How do you keep Frisch and Caulfield out of the line up?  Both were very good last night.

Easy....Casey out. Judd in.

Tougher with Frisch as I thought Tychonick was one of our 3-4 best skaters Friday.