SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Jordan Kawaguchi - Collin Adams - Grant Mismash...Kinda limited using their initials unless you want to call them the JAM, KAM, MAK, or MAJ(or) line...

We can do better than the lazy first/last letter line name. But, let's take a breather and see if it continues through the end of the first half. I'm thinking it'll continue, however :)

HOWEVER... Dave Starman would love calling them the JAM line :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was texting with a couple of buddies about this on Saturday -- the chemistry these three are developing are showing signs towards being a "named line" in the very near future...

Funny enough, 2 years ago I’m thinking to myself “When Nick Jones graduates, we should move one of these freshmen (Adams, Guch, Mismash)  to center and roll with it”  :lol:

2 hours ago, tnt said:

If Pinto was on the line, it could be the Coast to Coast line with him being from New York and Kawaguchi from BC.   It almost would apply with Adams from Michigan, but even more so for the coast to coast on the ice.

As long as it’s not the “Coasting” line.;)

Both in and out of conference, UND has the most goals for of any NCHC team and the largest goal differential.

After 4 league games, UND has 17 goals for and 7 against. GD is +10. The second best is three teams at +2.

After 11 total games, UND has 44 goals and 17 against. GD is +27. The second best is DU at +14 through 12 games.

standings.PNG

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Revenge season?   Heard (I mean read) it somewhere, seems appropriate and aimed mostly at Siouxsports...  ferda #allyoudoubtingsumbitches

Don’t care about revenge...just nice to see the boys playing at a high level again.

• Upvote 4

& it seems contagious - we have had some very good players but I cannot recall this many on one team & they never seem to let up - I'm Loving Sioux Hockey Again & Great Job Coach's- been awhile since I've said that too

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I was referring to the recurring theme on here, that the program was full of a bunch of duds.  Personally I think they are a very talented group and team chemistry is very important, rock stars like Boeser help immensely but are not the be all end all of a successful season.

Smith is/was as unheralded as they come, not much expected of him when he arrived on campus. Senden, same thing. Bowen, some have questioned his place on this team, Reiger too. This current team is a culmination of some studs who were expected to produce and some who were not. The entire lineup on the ice both nights all contributed and made plays,  many of which were unnoticed by the common fan. We can question the coaches all we want, but they’re looking quite intelligent today.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fetch said:

& it seems contagious - we have had some very good players but I cannot recall this many on one team & they never seem to let up - I'm Loving Sioux Hockey Again & Great Job Coach's- been awhile since I've said that too

So, we are winning more and all of a sudden they have more good players than you can remember?  Were you saying the same things last year, because a good many of the players were here last year.

9 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

I believe the difference is in coaching and the systems being coached.  The style of play this year is entirely different than the past couple of years.

Some of it is that, and some of it is just finishing better and getting a few more breaks.

24 minutes ago, tnt said:

So, we are winning more and all of a sudden they have more good players than you can remember?  Were you saying the same things last year, because a good many of the players were here last year.

But many of the new guys are contributing & many of last years guys have stepped up & the combination has been amazing - Sorry never felt this way last year & Ive been a Fan for along time - How about you ?

• Upvote 1