SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I get all non conference games are huge in the PWR.  Especially against really really bad teams.  My point is if we get a split and the game we win is like a 3-2 win, it doesn't give the team a lot of confidence moving forward. 

Berry misses the playoffs this year again, the seat is very hot. 

No, no. I understand what you're saying, for sure. We have to sweep. Make no bones about it. I'm only saying that I couldn't care less what we look like in said wins especially in games 1 and 2 of the season. I know this team will be good come tournament time and October doesn't reflect on that very often. My point is, they need to just get it done. 

53 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Amen. And I don't care if they have Patrick Roy in goal either. :angry:

I went to the Canisius series and I heard second hand that there was some pretty serious trash talking from the Canisius players to the UND players after that weekend sweep. If I were Berry, I would watch lots of tape of those two games with this year’s squad and highlight the Griffen’s strategy of playing “rope-a-dope” with us and really attacking the net as while we dominated zone time in the series last year, we didn’t come away with enough grade A scoring chances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I went to the Canisius series and I heard second hand that there was some pretty serious trash talking from the Canisius players to the UND players after that weekend sweep. If I were Berry, I would watch lots of tape of those two games with this year’s squad and highlight the Griffen’s strategy of playing “rope-a-dope” with us and really attacking the net as while we dominated zone time in the series last year, we didn’t come away with enough grade A scoring chances. 

Well in addition to that, I know they have a freshman who got suspended for a game 7 of a BCHL playoff series for attacking the ref after the game so... :whistling:

• Like 1

Ive been in Colorado a lot lately - So who are the Big Guns potential Draft Choices etc. ? WHO WILL COACH THE PP & PK this yr ?

Has anyone picked how teams should do this yr ?

Is that New Score Board going to motivate me to walk 3 blocks after paying $10 to park when it's 30 below instead of staying home & watching on TV ? 

35 yrs with season tickets over 40 going to games - It used to be one of the main reasons to be in GF in Winter --- Last yr not so much :' (

just saw siouxperfan 7s post on who is going to be good #18 - THAT SUCKS - I MAY HAVE TO GO TO Fort Collins & watch Marto play (is he still there ?)

What’s the over/under on UND finishing in the top half this season? I’m doing my second annual NCHC team preview on the Colorado College hockey discussion page and am having a difficult time trying to figure out where to pick UND to finish. It’s between 4th and 6th. 

19 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

What’s the over/under on UND finishing in the top half this season? I’m doing my second annual NCHC team preview on the Colorado College hockey discussion page and am having a difficult time trying to figure out where to pick UND to finish. It’s between 4th and 6th. 

Well we are not finishing in either of those spots, so... :whistling: 

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:28 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Oh boy... been awhile since we've been here.

October....  I need you now.

The darkness was long, deep and actually quite wet over these past few months.

A few weeks of Sh!thousing exhibition and out of conference foes sure would wash away some bad memories.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:35 AM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

The only thing you need to be sorry for is burying this team's season before it even begins based on a preseason poll that are largely based of the previous year's performances.

Where are people sitting?

2 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Where are people sitting?

Usually visiting teams sit in the 00 an 01 sections, If you get to standing room only the seats across from the 00 section are student overflow, so sometimes it is possible for standing room only people to sit there, but it depends on how many students are there, and the students have become a lot more involved since the last game at Verizon (now its just the Mankato civic center), I think the last time UND played here they still had the blue and red seats, they have really gone all out on renovating the place since then, NHL sized sheet now, center ice video board, way better concessions.

Image result for mankato civic center

2 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

weird could swear when I clicked on it last night it said "sorry these tickets went fast!" maybe it was an error, not that it matters have Maverick season tickets.

As of the time of this post, there are still about 525 tickets available for Friday and just under 400 available for Saturday.

Should be fun.  I'll be there both nights.

Smith won the Iron Man as a freshman in 2016 (after the national championship).  Says a lot about him, but I think it also likely says a lot about the effort put in during the off-season by returning players after that national championship.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, ArchyAlum11 said:

Usually visiting teams sit in the 00 an 01 sections, If you get to standing room only the seats across from the 00 section are student overflow, so sometimes it is possible for standing room only people to sit there, but it depends on how many students are there, and the students have become a lot more involved since the last game at Verizon (now its just the Mankato civic center), I think the last time UND played here they still had the blue and red seats, they have really gone all out on renovating the place since then, NHL sized sheet now, center ice video board, way better concessions.

Image result for mankato civic center

Great arena and super cool fan base. I went to the series in, I believe, 2013 when UND needed at least 3 points to claim a share of the McNaughton Cup. We won Friday’s game by a goal in a very closely contested contest but then lost in overtime on Saturday night. I took my lumps and stayed in the stands watching the Mankato fans celebrate as they earned that win. Their fans were really cool, especially when telling them that I traveled to their barn to watch the series. Hope UND does well there this season! 

https://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/1054387

NCHC Teams to be Televised on FOX Sports North 15 Times in 2019-20

2019-20 NCHC ON FOX SPORTS NORTH SCHEDULE

Date Game Time (CT) Network
Fri., Oct. 11, 2019 UMass Lowell at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. FSN
Fri., Oct. 11, 2019 Minnesota at Colorado College 8:30 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Oct. 18, 2019 Minnesota Duluth at Wisconsin 7:00 p.m. FSN+
Sat., Oct. 19, 2019 Minnesota Duluth at Wisconsin 7:00 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Oct. 25, 2019 Minnesota Duluth at Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN+
Sat., Oct. 26, 2019 Northeastern at St. Cloud State 6:00 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Nov. 1, 2019 Princeton at St. Cloud State 7:30 p.m. FSN+
Thu., Nov. 28, 2019 North Dakota at Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN
Fri., Nov. 29, 2019 North Dakota at Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN
Fri., Dec. 13, 2019 Omaha at St. Cloud State 7:30 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Jan. 10, 2020 Western Michigan at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. FSN
Sat., Jan. 18, 2020 Minnesota Duluth at St. Cloud State 4:00 p.m. FSN+
Sat., Feb. 22, 2020 North Dakota at St. Cloud State 6:00 p.m. FSN
Sat., Feb. 29, 2020 Denver at St. Cloud State 6:00 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Mar. 6, 2020 St. Cloud State at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. FSN+

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/1054387

NCHC Teams to be Televised on FOX Sports North 15 Times in 2019-20

2019-20 NCHC ON FOX SPORTS NORTH SCHEDULE

Date Game Time (CT) Network
Fri., Oct. 11, 2019 UMass Lowell at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. FSN
Fri., Oct. 11, 2019 Minnesota at Colorado College 8:30 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Oct. 18, 2019 Minnesota Duluth at Wisconsin 7:00 p.m. FSN+
Sat., Oct. 19, 2019 Minnesota Duluth at Wisconsin 7:00 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Oct. 25, 2019 Minnesota Duluth at Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN+
Sat., Oct. 26, 2019 Northeastern at St. Cloud State 6:00 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Nov. 1, 2019 Princeton at St. Cloud State 7:30 p.m. FSN+
Thu., Nov. 28, 2019 North Dakota at Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN
Fri., Nov. 29, 2019 North Dakota at Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN
Fri., Dec. 13, 2019 Omaha at St. Cloud State 7:30 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Jan. 10, 2020 Western Michigan at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. FSN
Sat., Jan. 18, 2020 Minnesota Duluth at St. Cloud State 4:00 p.m. FSN+
Sat., Feb. 22, 2020 North Dakota at St. Cloud State 6:00 p.m. FSN
Sat., Feb. 29, 2020 Denver at St. Cloud State 6:00 p.m. FSN+
Fri., Mar. 6, 2020 St. Cloud State at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. FSN+

What a relief! I was starting to wonder about those Gopher games.