SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

He was awfully successful with the Colorado Eagles, winning back-to-back Kelly Cup championships. Why he wasn’t retained once the Eagles were elevated to the AHL is beyond me but I guess he’s an assistant there. 

He's still on the Eagles. 

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

There are 3 Saturdays next fall (10/5, 10/26, and 11/23) where hockey and football both play a home game.  Great for us out of town fans to planning road trips up to GF!!

That is a cool deal, we always try to do that as a 3 for 1 trip because of the distance

19 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There are 3 Saturdays next fall (10/5, 10/26, and 11/23) where hockey and football both play a home game.  Great for us out of town fans to planning road trips up to GF!!

Absolutely! I have 10/26 circled on my calendar. 

We're crashing toward the end of spring semester.
Don't we start to hear about "will not returns" at or about finals week?

I look at the forwards in the pipeline, the departures, the open slots at forward, and the math isn't working ... yet.  

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I look at the forwards in the pipeline, the departures, the open slots at forward, and the math isn't working ... yet.  

Typically the "Early Departures" thread is always one that people are afraid to look at when updated because it means UND lost a player early to the pro's.  Unfortunately that thread may be [pretty quiet this spring. 

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Typically the "Early Departures" thread is always one that people are afraid to look at when updated because it means UND lost a player early to the pro's.  Unfortunately that thread may be [pretty quiet this spring. 

I think we'll see a little UND action here in the next couple of weeks, but very few will be disappointed by the movement(s). 

I'm hoping that the "new normal" is to carry a few more players at forward, so we don't end up where UND has in several recent seasons.  They have been either unable to field a full lineup due to injuries, or unable to sit unproductive players, because they have nobody else.  Rosters of 25 have not been working very well.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This. Very interested to see how it's going to play out. They are +2 right now. 

2 hours ago, Oldguy said:

I'm hoping that the "new normal" is to carry a few more players at forward, so we don't end up where UND has in several recent seasons.  They have been either unable to field a full lineup due to injuries, or unable to sit unproductive players, because they have nobody else.  Rosters of 25 have not been working very well.

I agree about the rosters of 25 not working out the last couple years, emphasis on last year. IMO it's much more about the construction of the 25 man roster and not the number itself. Too many guys who play the same type of role (i.e. that of a 4th line player). 

I started going through the list of players leaving and then trying to figure out who is actually coming in this fall.  We also know about Westin Michaud from CC who will be a senior.

The players Schloss has mentioned coming in are:  Frisch (D), Pinto (F), Caulfield (F), Blaisdell (F). If you then look at birth years and production the players that seem likely to also come on are:  Riese Gaber (F),  Murphy Stratton (F), and possibly  Carter Randklev depending on his injury. Braden Costello doesn't seem ready. So does anyone know who from this list may be coming in?

If the numbers are right that could mean that some of our senior forwards may either be transferring or not be playing  (Casey Johnson, Zach Yon, Dixon Bowen).

Thoughts anyone?