SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

18 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Silver lining here is the flood of large donations forthcoming, and the endowment swelling to unprecedented levels.  

You forgot two things I’ve seen mentioned on twitter by multiple people. The renewal of women’s hockey and the reinstatement of the Fighting Sioux nickname. Seriously.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

You forgot two things I’ve seen mentioned on twitter by multiple people. The renewal of women’s hockey and the reinstatement of the Fighting Sioux nickname. Seriously.

I'm still baffled on how the 2nd thing is his fault.  Is it the same dude who thinks that Kennedy vetoed the choice of North Dakota 

Does anybody seriously think that the new President is going to both of those things?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm still baffled on how the 2nd thing is his fault.  Is it the same dude who thinks that Kennedy vetoed the choice of North Dakota 

Does anybody seriously think that the new President is going to both of those things?

Nether one is his fault. It wasn’t like the women’s hockey program had anyone watching it’s budget.

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Holy balls were world hunger and global warming mentioned also? Some people have no limits to their delusion do they?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jodcon said:

Holy balls were world hunger and global warming mentioned also? Some people have no limits to their delusion do they?

In all honesty does any of this matter in the big picture since the world is going to end in 12 years..........I'm just trying to empty my bucket list!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/12/2019 at 8:03 PM, Oxbow6 said:

A honest question........so Kennedy has no culpability in your post above?

Just saying I know a number of those 3-5 figure donors who would check box "C" as to why he/she is not donating or are donating less.......and it has absolutely nothing to do with being "content with the status quo" or "being reluctant to change".

My daughter will be attending UND next fall. We've toured campus a number of times. Campus definitely has changed since I was there but to give him all or most of the credit for "transforming campus" is a disingenuous.

They should be happy now. 

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In all honesty does any of this matter in the big picture since the world is going to end in 12 years..........I'm just trying to empty my bucket list!

That would piss me off, world ends right after I retire and I start screwing off on a full-time basis.  As compared to the 70% time I screw off now :lol:

• Upvote 2

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/4597215-kennedy-sorry-leave-und-role-university-colorado-system

It is a shame UND is losing Kennedy.  He got unfair criticism, mostly the dropping of womens hockey and other programs, and was given little to no credit for all teh good things he did for UND.  UND last a good President.  CU recognizes it,  those that don't judge a person based on mob mentality recognize it as well.  

“Mark Kennedy is a proven leader with a diverse set of skills and experiences in higher education, government and business that will allow him to build on the considerable success CU has experienced in recent years and take the university to even greater heights,” Sue Sharkey, chair of the CU Board of Regents, said in a statement.

• Upvote 4

I'm going to have a party planner. Now I'm not going to have a party planner.

I'm not going to cut sports. Now I'm going to cut sports.

I'm going to pay my chief of staff to live in a different state. Now I'm not going to do that.

I'm not interested in any other job. Now I'm going to Colorado.

Said the two year president.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3