SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Kennedy has made tough calls that he knew would be unpopular.
He was handed a terrible budget and made it work.
He's stood up to criticism, right or wrong. 
It's called leadership. 

And it's sadly rare in today world. 

He’s a total asshole but the campus is going to benefit from him for the next 60 years. 

• Upvote 3

It will take several years (if being objective) to determine how good or bad Kennedy actually was for UND.  The one certainty is that he was pompous and lacking in people skills.  His complete lack of awareness when it came to the timing/perception of some of his decisions was absolutely uncanny.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Looks like 50 shades of silver to me..

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Played to the tune of the Christmas classic ... Grey Bells. 

tumblr_mi4o8xUu571qzl2lro1_500.gif

At least we've discovered the grey lining of the football helmet color discussion, right, boys?  

19 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

This guy should apply again.

https://cfo.asu.edu/cfo-olsen-bio

There has to be more out there like him right? UND/North Dakota connections in academia that have moved up the ranks and looking for a President's job. 

Not saying keeping it in the circle is the best way to go, but certainly a good one

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Being recruited to apply for more desirable, higher paying jobs must be hard on a guy.

From day one he had no intention of being here with his attitude of wanting to be called his honor

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

From day one he had no intention of being here with his attitude of wanting to be called his honor

"The Honorable" is a title used by former members of the US House of Representative and other elected officials.
He doesn't have a Ph.D. He needed something to remind the academics he's no schmoe off the street. 
Please don't tell me you begrudge someone using a title they've earned. 

That said, I never heard of him wanting to be called "his honor" to address him in person. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I wonder how much his Texas gal likes Colorado 

I can tell you first hand that Texans love Colorado. It feels like every 4th license plate I see is from Texas. Plus, when it is 110 in Texas, 75 degree summer days in the mountains must seem like heaven.

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

As good of news as I think this is...

I shudder to think how the University and SBHE will manage to discover an exponentially worse option.

No doubt the committee has already been formed.

Simple

Make the interim permanent. 

Wonder how many of those same people will be on this committee this time around (I know one won't be... may he rest in peace). 

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Simple

Make the interim permanent. 

Wonder how many of those same people will be on this committee this time around (I know one won't be... may he rest in peace). 

You want DiLorenzo to be the permanent president?