SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Guy just called a good majority of the people on this board (and people of Grand Forks/North Dakota) racist.

Must have Kim Foxx on speed dial...........

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

There's some merit to portions of you criticism, but no one is going to be perfect, especially when making incredibly tough and unpopular decisions. There are also numerous examples where no explanation or communication was going to be enough to satisfy the group think because as whole, people react with their emotions instead of logic. Public perception wasn't going to be based on the facts, particularly when the media reporting it already had an axe to grind. 

You can describe it however you want, but in most cases, the reactions and "solutions" provided by those lobbing the criticism were laughable at best. Hell, most people probably couldn't tell you a thing Kennedy did except for cutting WIH, closing Ray Richards and bumbling the nickname process (even though he wasn't hear for the decision to drop the Sioux name, the choice of the new nickname or the choice of the new logo).

Its telling that there are leaders of multiple other higher-ed institutions that have a much higher profile than the flagship institution of the State of North Dakota who have shown so much interest in hiring MK, yet people here are busy holding a grudge 2 years later about the loss of an athletic team that no one showed up to support all while bleeding the athletic department dry.

yeah.... 

might wanna read the story that just broke.

Leadership is something very different than what he just lobbed on his way out.

Any supporters he had should be shuffling boxes into his office as we speak. 

One thing i find interesting.

The letter that was released stated he was the LONE finalist.... not that the job was offered or accepted.

Also does it state anywhere the actual words .... "I resign" ... dont recall that. Although an actual resignation letter may not have been released.

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

One thing i find interesting.

The letter that was released stated he was the LONE finalist.... not that the job was offered or accepted.

Also does it state anywhere the actual words .... "I resign" ... dont recall that. Although an actual resignation letter may not have been released.

Colorado has a 14 day waiting period once finalists are named before the job can be offered..  Details included in this article.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_32567097

1 minute ago, HawksHoops said:

Colorado has a 14 day waiting period once finalists are named before the job can be offered..  Details included in this article.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_32567097

Thank you, I appreciate that info.

Still a bit concerned i havent read

"I resign"

What happens if in the 14 day period Colorado comes off the high from hot boxing their admin offices and realizes what a bag of weenis this guy is and says no thank you.....

Would Kennedy just pull a constanza, and show up back to Twamley like nothing happened?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Thank you, I appreciate that info.

Still a bit concerned i havent read

"I resign"

What happens if in the 14 day period Colorado comes off the high from hot boxing their admin offices and realizes what a bag of weenis this guy is and says no thank you.....

Would Kennedy just pull a constanza, and show up back to Twamley like nothing happened?

Well I would think that CU would have done their homework before making him the lone finalist, but you do bring up a valid point.

See, unlike the UCF position, this is the one that would make things awkward if a skeleton or cold feet or come off of their high happens. 

Considering who would be in charge behind Kennedy, I would take him rescinding his resignation and continuing over Teflon Tom running things in the interim. 

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I am quietly hoping that the L-twins accept the role as "co-presidents" and discover how hard it is to talk about funding women's hockey vs finding actual dollars to do it.  

tumblr_mql716DAoE1s6fnoso1_500.gif

This is NOT about economics, it's about opportunity you old curmudgeon.  

The biggest question with Kennedy's 3 year ND taxpayer subsidized job search being complete, is which of the couple of Kennedy yes men on this thread that regularly defend everything that he does will get their lips to Dilorenzo's rear end first to start the process anew?

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I prefer recency bias, would you take Kelley over him?

Nope.........but that's like asking would you prefer a hot lava enema or a vasectomy without anesthesia. Both horrible options.

• Upvote 1

Afyer he dropped the race card with his rempte chief of staff, I believe The Ralph should now offer a burger called the Mark Kennedy.

You order the burger

2 minutes later you try to get tickets to a Lightening game. 

When you find out the tickets are sold out, you piss off the chef, and she refuses to cook your burger. 

You then take a big dump on the floor and leave. 

Uh oh one of the regents just posted this

dailycamera.com/ci_32567097

Updating my post. We voted for Kennedy as finalist for CU President. There's a 14-d vetting period before we vote for President. Some information about Mark has come to light that is concerning; my colleagues and I will be exploring this further. Tnx all

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Uh oh one of the regents just posted this

dailycamera.com/ci_32567097

Updating my post. We voted for Kennedy as finalist for CU President. There's a 14-d vetting period before we vote for President. Some information about Mark has come to light that is concerning; my colleagues and I will be exploring this further. Tnx all

Wouldn't that be something...

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

How much do you want to bet that he was "privy" to some not-so-friendly commentary about his assistant?  I know I was exposed to more racism while at UND than I have been anywhere else.  

21 minutes ago, Rynomania said:

Afyer he dropped the race card with his rempte chief of staff, I believe The Ralph should now offer a burger called the Mark Kennedy.

You order the burger

2 minutes later you try to get tickets to a Lightening game. 

When you find out the tickets are sold out, you piss off the chef, and she refuses to cook your burger. 

You then take a big dump on the floor and leave. 

I don’t think they’ll sell many of these

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

How much do you want to bet that he was "privy" to some not-so-friendly commentary about his assistant?  I know I was exposed to more racism while at UND than I have been anywhere else.  

Yup......that's it.