SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Kennedy has made tough calls that he knew would be unpopular.
He was handed a terrible budget and made it work.
He's stood up to criticism, right or wrong. 
It's called leadership. 

And it's sadly rare in today world. 

And he's jumping ship at the first opportunity. Kennedy cares only about Kennedy.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

And he's jumping ship at the first opportunity. Kennedy cares only about Kennedy.

Or he was brought in to do a job and he's moving on to another place that needs a job done. There aren't a lot of folks, maybe a handful, in higher education that had the cajones to do what he did in realigning UND's finances. CFO. US Congressman. University president. Show me that combo anywhere else. He has a unique skill set and the will to act as he sees fit. You bet that turns some folks off. Oh well. < shrug > 

As far as Kennedy looking out for Kennedy: Nobody looks out for Mr. Edway but Mr. Edway and Mr. Edway better never forget it. 

Never begrudge someone who's earned advancement. If the ColoBuffs hire him, he's earned it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MrEdway said:

Actually, UCF was the first opportunity. Then a whole slew of other suitors have come forward since with head hunters, all of which, he has turned down, until now. Word is he even turned this one down initially.  

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Kennedy has made tough calls that he knew would be unpopular.
He was handed a terrible budget and made it work.
He's stood up to criticism, right or wrong. 
It's called leadership. 

And it's sadly rare in today world. 

Sounds good, Chief.  

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Actually, UCF was the first opportunity. Then a whole slew of other suitors have come forward since with head hunters, all of which, he has turned down, until now. Word is he even turned this one down initially.  

Assuming this really is UC Boulder, Colorado, like Pac 12 University of Colorado, like Association of American Universities member University of Colorado, meh, they're dumb.
They have no idea whom to hire given their reach and resources. 
Surely they're being (gonna say it) ... Buffaloed. 

If UCF called me with a job, Orlando, I'm there. 
If Colorado called me with a job, I'd have to take pause; my political beliefs in that town would be like matter and anti-matter. :D 

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

does this mean it’s Shirley time? 

Sweet mother of mercy. 
It's bad enough to have to watch junior high aged kids doing all the local news casts. I don't need that same look in a university president. 

Someone call Bill Rud