SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

Heitkamp thinks Shirley should get the job, as did Al Carlson

Heitkamp also mentioned the timing is bad because the legislature will thumb their nose at UND and the governor doesn’t like UND

i take what he says with a block of salt but with this legislature and the board of Higher Education, (oxymoron with that name)

you never know what happens

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Kind of seems KEM put herself in a spot on this one. She got her wish, hoping the Foundation has already given her a call to see what donations she was holding back on.

What would fit better here?

Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy whiskey.
or
Now put yo money where yo mouth is.

Given her recent yap I'd say she should just turn over the keys, not to REA, but to the whole Engelstad Family Foundation trust fund. 

13 minutes ago, northernraider said:

So is the chief of staff gone too?

Yes....MK will be taking her with him to CU. She'll just be locating to South Carolina and working from there.

28 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Said the two year president.

Check your math. 

Mark Kennedy was named the 12th President of the University of North Dakota by the State Board of Higher Education on March 15, 2016.  His term began on July 1, 2016. 

37 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/4597215-kennedy-sorry-leave-und-role-university-colorado-system

It is a shame UND is losing Kennedy.  He got unfair criticism, mostly the dropping of womens hockey and other programs, and was given little to no credit for all teh good things he did for UND.  UND last a good President.  CU recognizes it,  those that don't judge a person based on mob mentality recognize it as well.  

“Mark Kennedy is a proven leader with a diverse set of skills and experiences in higher education, government and business that will allow him to build on the considerable success CU has experienced in recent years and take the university to even greater heights,” Sue Sharkey, chair of the CU Board of Regents, said in a statement.

In February, UND told the Herald that Kennedy, at that time, had no interest in jobs outside of the university. At that time, rumors circulated that Kennedy had applied to be the president of the University of Minnesota. Kennedy had previously told the Herald in December he did not apply for the position.

A lying SOS.

• Upvote 1

Kennedy was never a fit for UND and sooner the people of higher education come to this realization better we will be. The problem is he was politician at heart and the people of North Dakota don't want a politician leading its top university. They want individual that wants to be leader of institution to build it up over his career and make it better than when he came here. Also they want straight shooter doesn't give politician answer to tough questions but gives a truthful answer. Basically we want another Tom Clifford who did this. He was raised here and had values most North Dakotans respect coming to this job as being job he wanted all his life. Kennedy even last exchanges with press show how different he was than this when no more than 6 weeks ago he said he wasn't looking for another job but truth was he was already looking. To average North Dakotan this is outwardly lying to your face and reason he could never gain much support here in NOrth Dakota. What we have here is elite group of people involved in higher education want leaders for higher education that have values of higher education from elite schools on the coasts of this nation. What we need is person who understands people of North Dakota and values we want present in our education system . I look back at higher education some the best presidents in our schools were North Dakotans. They knew the state, people, and school they were working for where they were to be very successful. Also you will find these presidents could work with our political system because I believe they gained trust of legislature. I am sure hoping we can put together right group of people to hire next president for UND.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you want ... a politician. 

To deny Clifford was one of the greatest political operatives in State history is to ignore reality.
You don't get done what he got done being apolitical. 

To put Clifford and Kennedy on the same level as you are asserting is ridiculous at best.  No one will argue that Clifford was "apolitical" but he's not even close to MK from a "professional" political factor.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

To put Clifford and Kennedy on the same level as you are asserting is ridiculous at best.  No one will argue that Clifford was "apolitical" but he's not even close to MK from a "professional" political factor.f

My old pal Tom just didn't have to contend with the era and pervasiveness of Open Records/FOIA requests, Rob Port and McFooly,  and, God forbid, social media!  :D

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

My old pal Tom just didn't have to contend with the era and pervasiveness of Open Records/FOIA requests, Rob Port and McFooly,  and, God forbid, social media!  :D

Hahaha......I will give you that!

29 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Kennedy was never a fit for UND and sooner the people of higher education come to this realization better we will be. The problem is he was politician at heart and the people of North Dakota don't want a politician leading its top university. They want individual that wants to be leader of institution to build it up over his career and make it better than when he came here. Also they want straight shooter doesn't give politician answer to tough questions but gives a truthful answer. Basically we want another Tom Clifford who did this. He was raised here and had values most North Dakotans respect coming to this job as being job he wanted all his life. Kennedy even last exchanges with press show how different he was than this when no more than 6 weeks ago he said he wasn't looking for another job but truth was he was already looking. To average North Dakotan this is outwardly lying to your face and reason he could never gain much support here in NOrth Dakota. What we have here is elite group of people involved in higher education want leaders for higher education that have values of higher education from elite schools on the coasts of this nation. What we need is person who understands people of North Dakota and values we want present in our education system . I look back at higher education some the best presidents in our schools were North Dakotans. They knew the state, people, and school they were working for where they were to be very successful. Also you will find these presidents could work with our political system because I believe they gained trust of legislature. I am sure hoping we can put together right group of people to hire next president for UND.

And yet, somehow, the campus will be 10x what it was thanks to him.

• Upvote 3