SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

^^^                        Always a good feeling to get possession of these. 

Anyone know when the 500 tickets for the seats at the Manure Pit go on sale?

You mean they haven’t yet? I thought they were gone too... oh well... I don’t smoke drink or gamble

fabric and books can be just as addicting

I rec'd email of Champion Club social for Bison game at Fargo Air Museum.  This is choice as I'm staying at the Homewood suites.  Walking distance from Hotel to Museum and then across the street to BWW's to watch the Hawks play a great game.  Man am I pumped.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

How long does it take for the players to get comfortable with the new offense? Will most of the kinks be worked out in Fall camp and overall they'll be ready to go once the season starts?

I think it helped they were already running the new offense in spring ball, I think they will feel pretty comfortable going into the first game.  There will still likely be some kinks with new offense and first timeoffensive coordinator that they will be adjusting throughout the year.  From reports it sounds like the offense is having success against the defense already early in camp, to me that is a good sign!  Our more diverse offense actually will probably help the defense as well, they are now practicing against a legit offensive scheme, the type they will see during the season.  It won't be a shock to the system now when they practice all week against a boring offense and then have to play Eastern Washingtons offense.  Although I guess scout team is supposed to run opponents offense or similar to help prepare each week?  Either way I think our new offense also helps our defense practice.  

An offense that can hopefully be more productive, and ability to kick FG's longer than 30 yards this year......thank god!! 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I think it helped they were already running the new offense in spring ball, I think they will feel pretty comfortable going into the first game.  There will still likely be some kinks with new offense and first timeoffensive coordinator that they will be adjusting throughout the year.  From reports it sounds like the offense is having success against the defense already early in camp, to me that is a good sign!  Our more diverse offense actually will probably help the defense as well, they are now practicing against a legit offensive scheme, the type they will see during the season.  It won't be a shock to the system now when they practice all week against a boring offense and then have to play Eastern Washingtons offense.  Although I guess scout team is supposed to run opponents offense or similar to help prepare each week?  Either way I think our new offense also helps our defense practice.  

An offense that can hopefully be more productive, and ability to kick FG's longer than 30 yards this year......thank god!! 

Just gonna throw it out there that the scout team does not run our own offense against our defense in preparation for any opponent. They do their best to replicate what that weeks opponent does.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just gonna throw it out there that the scout team does not run our own offense against our defense in preparation for any opponent. They do their best to replicate what that weeks opponent does.

His point still stands though. Having the first team offense run a modern diverse scheme is beneficial for the first team defense. Much more so than when only the scout team is trying to replicate the offense of a different team and “challenge” the first team defense. 

It’s no wonder that UND’s first team defense was always ahead of the offense when Rudolph ran it. The offense was very, very predictable.

• Upvote 1

Dude, Bisonville is available for Bison fans that want to beat their chest. Yes, NDSU is really good in FCS football. This subject/thread is about UND football. 

You should go over there then.  The post was about UND and how they compare to the best.  Instead of resentment it should be inspiring ambition.  Ambition to be better, to give more, to contribute somehow to help UND overcome the shortcomings that are obviously apparent.

Bro you need a positive pro-UND attitude, not a negative anti-NDSU Bison attitude.  What does UND have to overcome the deficits?   That's what the post was about, not the Bison.

Please carry one.  

• Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, Boydj282 said:

You should go over there then.  The post was about UND and how they compare to the best.  Instead of resentment it should be inspiring ambition.  Ambition to be better, to give more, to contribute somehow to help UND overcome the shortcomings that are obviously apparent.

Bro you need a positive pro-UND attitude, not a negative anti-NDSU Bison attitude.  What does UND have to overcome the deficits?   That's what the post was about, not the Bison.

Please carry one.  

Say what

Negative anti-NDSU Bison attitude?

The below was from the North Dakota Facebook page.  I think our completion % will almost automatically increase this year with the type of offense are running.   Percentage completion on 3rd and 7 usually isn't very high.  :) 

UND Moments: 2008 was a strong year for Danny Freund, as he completed a school record 71.9 percent of his passes, throwing for 2,379 yards and 23 TDs on 217 completions.‬

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

This latest development has me nervous on defense.  Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Makes me nervous too....if Bennett goes down and we have an injury at NG......we may be in trouble.  Here is praying we don't have any injuries at either of those positions! 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

still question marks all over the line. Pawlak has his hands full cleaning up this mess

Is it just me, but damn every year we seem to be  thin or lack depth on the o-line !

We have been D1 for how many years now and this is still a recurring concern from year 1???

frustrating!