JMU--will finish 11-1(11-0 FCS)

Villanova--will finish 9-3

Towson--will finish 8-4(8-3 FCS)

MVC-(5)

NDSU--will finish 12-0

Illinois St.--will finish 9-3(9-2 FCS)

SDSU--will finish 9-3(9-2 FCS)

UNI--will finish 8-4(8-3 FCS)

S. Illinois--will finish 7-5(6-4 FCS, but with a FBS win and FBS loss and FCS losses to all playoff teams)

Big South-(1)

Monmouth--will finish 10-2(10-1 FCS)

NEC-(1)

CCSU--will finish 11-1(11-0 FCS)

Patriot-(1)

Holy Cross--will finish 7-5(7-3 FCS)

Pioneer-(1)

San Diego--will finish 9-2

Southern-(1)

Wofford--will finish 8-3(8-2 FCS)

OVC-(2)

Austin Peay--will finish 9-3

SEMO--will finish 9-3(8-2 FCS)

Southland-(2)

C. Arkansas--will finish 9-3(9-2 FCS)

Winner of SELA and Nichols St. wins the auto bid. IF SELA wins they are 8-3(8-2 FCS), if Nichols wins they are 8-4(8-3 FCS)

That is 21 spots taken.

The battle comes down to 10 teams for 3 spots.

UND--a win gets them to 7-4 

Furman--will finish 8-4(7-3 FCS)

The Loser of the defacto championship game in the Southland will either be SELA who would be 7-4(7-3 FCS) or Nichols who would be 7-5(7-4 FCS)

EWU--will likely finish 7-5(6-4 FCS)

Kennesaw St.--will finish 10-2(8-1 FCS)

Albany--will finish 8-4(8-3 FCS)

Maine--with a win over UNH they would finish 7-5(7-4 FCS) and on a 5 game winning streak

UT-Martin--with an upset win over Kentucky they would finish 8-4(7-3 FCS with an FBS win and loss)

Are NC A&T and SCSU in the mix? Both will finish at 8-3(8-2 FCS)

We need Maine to lose. Probably want a SELA win over Nichols. 

Realistically I think it comes down to UND, Furman, Kennesaw, and Albany given a Maine loss and SELA win.....UND might want to win impressively this week after blowing an opportunity to have a 30+ point win last weekend.

• Upvote 1

UND shouldnt be in this situation

this is on Bubba, not getting a team up for Idaho state who has Bubbas number, no excuses for travel, that’s 0n him too, he doesn’t fly the plane but as hockey did last week change travel up to make it work

not playing game 12 when you have 4 games for red shirts to play is inexcusable, schedule a so called cupcake at home, other teams do

we beat some tough teams so Montana state needs to win this weekend

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

Southern Utah beat Idaho State by 25. 

Idaho St loses:

Northern Iowa - 13-6

Idaho                - 41-25

S Utah              - 59-34

N Colorado     -  26-20

Eastern Wash -  48-5

BYU                  -  42-10

They play at Weber this weekend so will probably be another lopsided loss.  Continue the trend of a loss to Idaho St keeping us out of the playoffs yet again (if we miss out)

Before this season most of the pundits here had their eyes on four tough games: NDSU, EWU, UCD, Weber. 

The thinking was UND had to win one of those four games because odds are there'll a loss in the other seven games in the schedule, and that combination makes 7-4. Those 7 FCS wins should get a playoff bid. 

Well, UND won one of the key four games (UCD).
And UND dropped a stinkeroo to ISU; but, UND beat MSU and SHSU, and Poly on the road. 

Given Saturday's outcome, UND is doing exactly what the pundits wanted: 7-4. 

The problem is EWU and SHSU and UCD are not as strong as anticipated.
Yes, Montana State is about as expected or maybe a bit better. 

And thus we sit at the mercy of other outcomes. 

So the solution is clear: Quit depending on strength of others. Quit planning for '7-4' is good enough.

Control what's yours to control.

Don't plan for good-enough-7-and-4. <-- That is "Loserthink" (c) Scott Adams

Go out and win games. 

• Upvote 1

I have these 18 spots locked in

MVFC (4) - NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Illinois St.

Big Sky (4) - Montana, Sac St, Weber, Mont St

Colonial (2) - JMU, Villinova

Southern (1) - Wofford

Ohio Valley (2) - SE Missouri, Austin Peay

Southland (1) - Cen Arkansas

Big South (1) - Monmouth

Northeast (1) - Cen Conn St

Patriot (1) -  Holy Cross

Pioneer (1) - San Diago

That leave 6 spots to fill...

Contenders (8) :  Furman, SE Louisiana, Nichols St, Towson, Albany, Kennesaw St, S Illinois, and UND

My guess they won't take both Towson and Albany... only 1 of them.  And they won't take both SE Louisiana and Nichols St..... only the winner.   So the other 6 will be in.  But that's just my guess.  Any major upsets could still change things.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, farmer63 said:

I have these 18 spots locked in

MVFC (4) - NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Illinois St.

Big Sky (4) - Montana, Sac St, Weber, Mont St

Colonial (2) - JMU, Villinova

Southern (1) - Wofford

Ohio Valley (2) - SE Missouri, Austin Peay

Southland (1) - Cen Arkansas

Big South (1) - Monmouth

Northeast (1) - Cen Conn St

Patriot (1) -  Holy Cross

Pioneer (1) - San Diago

That leave 6 spots to fill...

Contenders (8) :  Furman, SE Louisiana, Nichols St, Towson, Albany, Kennesaw St, S Illinois, and UND

My guess they won't take both Towson and Albany... only 1 of them.  And they won't take both SE Louisiana and Nichols St..... only the winner.   So the other 6 will be in.  But that's just my guess.  Any major upsets could still change things.

Hope you are correct, but I think S. Illinois is in and if Nichols beats SELA I could see them both getting in. If Towson and Albany both win and they decide to take a 10 win Kennesaw team it gets a little dicey.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Hope you are correct, but I think S. Illinois is in and if Nichols beats SELA I could see them both getting in. If Towson and Albany both win and they decide to take a 10 win Kennesaw team it gets a little dicey.

Will the injury issue to QB for the first 3 games factor into the decision.  I think the team and coaching staff kept it together pretty well in light of those early injuries to the starting and backup QB's. 

3 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

Will the injury issue to QB for the first 3 games factor into the decision.  I think the team and coaching staff kept it together pretty well in light of those early injuries to the starting and backup QB's. 

Unfortunately, they probably don't scrutinize bubble teams to that extent. But I hadn't really thought about it much until now, and I gotta agree with you that props need to be given, especially having Tommy Schuster ready to go win that game against SHSU.  That was huge.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I asked this several weeks ago, but I don't recall getting an answer - are hosting bids opened before or after the selection of teams who make the playoffs?  In other words, do bids ever factor into which teams make the playoffs?

Bids are opened after the selections are made.  First round brackets are made and the highest bid determines the home field for each game of the pairs.

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Bids are opened after the selections are made.  First round brackets are made and the highest bid determines the home field for each game of the pairs.

Thank you.  That's what I suspected, but it seems FCS playoff selections are filled with controversy ("quality loss", etc.) it almost wouldn't surprise me if bids were opened once the 8 seeds are chosen.

9 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I asked this several weeks ago, but I don't recall getting an answer - are hosting bids opened before or after the selection of teams who make the playoffs?  In other words, do bids ever factor into which teams make the playoffs?

I believe the bids were due today, I suspect UND will be aggressive.  One would have to guess if it plays into selection.  I have been told they first select the teams and then open the bids.