SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

FCS Football Polls

31 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Looking at the bracket, I’m surprised we didn’t get paired with UNI first round.  Or....is the NCAA looking ahead, thinking they’ll save money in round 2 if UND and UNI both win and have bus trips?

Yes, kind of surprised me we were paired with Nicholls State, this shows we were not the 24th ranked team. 
There is some regoinalization in these match ups, but not apparently in our case,  Louisiana is a long ways away.
The 24th team would of been paired with like the 9th team, and Nicholls wasn't the 9th team (in another words on the bubble for a first round bye).  
They also wouldn't match up and move #9 team to Bozoville for second round.

• Upvote 1

Looking at that bracket, some impressions:

UNI (I can't believe I'm going to say this) got robbed. They're better than Central Arkansas (by far per Massey) and should've been the 8 seed. 

You can see the "500 mile" games (SEMO/ISU; SUNYA/CCon; AP/Fur; Wof/KenSU; Mon/HC) that they had to make by rule.

That said --> Grand Forks to Cedar Falls: 527 miles --> no UND at UNI. 

When they had six teams left after doing "500 mile" games they had UND, UNI, 'nova, Nicholls, San Diego, SE LA, and they couldn't put SE LA and Nicholls together because they played last week. UNI got the weakest of the six (San Diego, per Massey), UND and 'nova travel (I'm guessing due to massive bids by Southland teams looking for relevance). 

I like our matchup.  Would have really been something to have these guys at home, but I think the Weber St. game proves that we are capable of beating a playoff team on the road.  Weather should NOT be a factor in the game.  (Gametime temperature in the 70s).  I expect a win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Looking at that bracket, some impressions:

UNI (I can't believe I'm going to say this) got robbed. They're better than Central Arkansas (by far per Massey) and should've been the 8 seed. 

You can see the "500 mile" games (SEMO/ISU; SUNYA/CCon; AP/Fur; Wof/KenSU; Mon/HC) that they had to make by rule.

That said --> Grand Forks to Cedar Falls: 527 miles --> no UND at UNI. 

When they had six teams left after doing "500 mile" games they had UND, UNI, 'nova, Nicholls, San Diego, SE LA, and they couldn't put SE LA and Nicholls together because they played last week. UNI got the weakest of the six (San Diego, per Massey), UND and 'nova travel (I'm guessing due to massive bids by Southland teams looking for relevance). 

I am fairly certain the head of the selection committee yesterday said 400 miles is the limit between driving and flying.  Ticky Tacky I know, but probably doesn't matter much either way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sioux27 said:

I am fairly certain the head of the selection committee yesterday said 400 miles is the limit between driving and flying.  Ticky Tacky I know, but probably doesn't matter much either way.

That (400, not 500) just affirms my observations. 

Can someone toss together a map of where the 24 schools are? I think it'll drive the point home. 

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That (400, not 500) just affirms my observations. 

Can someone toss together a map of where the 24 schools are? I think it'll drive the point home. 

100% agree.