SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

3 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Patriot league definitely gonna steal a bid, just looked at standings..flat out awful conference this year. 

Don't forget the MEAC and SWAC champions usually opt for the celebration bowl. Florida A&M (#14 in coaches poll) currently in line to be MEAC champion.

There's also some conferences where unranked teams still have a shot to get the autobid. Gotta root for the favorites to win those.

What do you mean steal a bid?

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What do you mean steal a bid?

The Patriot league winner will get an autobid therefore stealing a spot from someone in the top 24 teams.  If it was simply top 24 teams make playoffs the Patriot league would be left out this year. Just a way I analyze where we might sit as far as playoffs.

3 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

The Patriot league winner will get an autobid therefore stealing a spot from someone in the top 24 teams.  If it was simply top 24 teams make playoffs the Patriot league would be left out this year. Just a way I analyze where we might sit as far as playoffs.

Well yah, that's set in stone and doesn't concern at large teams.  There are 14 spots for teams like UND.

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Well yah, that's set in stone and doesn't concern at large teams.  There are 14 spots for teams like UND.

That response was a response to an earlier post I had asking how many leagues will the autobid not already be in the Top 24. 

19 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Both the Patriot and the Pioneer will get an auto bid.  And potentially one MEAC team might come into play as well... if both Florida A&M and North Carolina A&T finish high in the rankings, since only the MEAC champ will play in the MEAC/SWAC challenge game.

1 hour ago, farmer63 said:

Both the Patriot and the Pioneer will get an auto bid.  And potentially one MEAC team might come into play as well... if both Florida A&M and North Carolina A&T finish high in the rankings, since only the MEAC champ will play in the MEAC/SWAC challenge game.

Correct. He already commented about Pioneer league so I didn't mention them again. We just have to keep winning, that's all we can control now. One positive is #23 SE Louisiana plays #24 Nicholls St on the 21st. So there's one team we should jump.  Hopefully a few more in that range lose too.

15 hours ago, farmer63 said:

13 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Correct. He already commented about Pioneer league so I didn't mention them again. We just have to keep winning, that's all we can control now. One positive is #23 SE Louisiana plays #24 Nicholls St on the 21st. So there's one team we should jump.  Hopefully a few more in that range lose too.

So with these potential scenarios, we would need to have the NCAA's tournament committee place us in 21st place on their list to make the playoffs? Because the 22nd, 23rd, & 24th place ranked teams would be knocked out by these auto bids?

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So with these potential scenarios, we would need to have the NCAA's tournament committee place us in 21st place on their list to make the playoffs? Because the 22nd, 23rd, & 24th place ranked teams would be knocked out by these auto bids?

As of right now there's only 2 auto bids that aren't ranked above us I believe.  San Diego in Pioneer league and whoever wins the Patriot league.  All the others are currently in top 25. So just looking at rankings we'd need to get to #22. Take out Ivy league since they don't participate as well as MEAC winner who would opt for Celebration bowl (3 teams currently) Our current #26 position would technically be #23.  However this is all just based off the coaches poll and we have no idea what the actual committee is going to do. 

UND didn't move in my bracket this week.  

After the Weber State game, UND was firmly "in" in my mind assuming they win the last two games by more than 2 touchdowns, showing domination.  The way we won against UNC, in my mind, puts more doubt into the playoffs.  If they blow SUU away, then I think we're in (although may still need a little help).  It's just really hard to believe how we can't seem to get up for big games against inferior opponents.

Friggin Idaho State.  I hate those guys.