Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

FCS Football Polls

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

This is what I feared when USD beat SDSU.  they will outbid us I'm sure.

I wouldn’t be to sure, in the past they haven’t had much of attendance in the first round.  
I think our bid was pretty aggressive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ND1 said:

I wouldn’t be to sure, in the past they haven’t had much of attendance in the first round.  
I think our bid was pretty aggressive 

That would be great.  I was thinking that they have good attendance and would outbid us.

I sure hope we get to play at home but that 5 hour drive each way every week is wearing on my productivity at work :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

This is what I feared when USD beat SDSU.  they will outbid us I'm sure.

Are you sure about that? They had 3,000 attendance for their home playoff game last year and that wasn't even Thanksgiving weekend. They only had an announced attendance of 7,000 last week against UNI and half of that being there is probably generous. 

Also possible they may have also been assuming a seed and not put in much more than the minimum, especially considering they would be in the hook for the difference and a minimum bid keeps you at home when you are a higher seed.

UNI would be the team that we may get matched against that would have outbid us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think UND will be in after the crazy last day, and it’s probably 95% that we draw the bunnies, with the winner being fed through Fargo.  I think we have a shot of outbidding them, and if we get them at home we can certainly beat them.  I’m a little more hesitant if we go to brookings, as surprisingly enough cold weather football hasn’t been our forte......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost crazy to say, but if we beat Weber, we are 8-3 with 2 wins against seeded teams. Might have been seeded!!  Again, crazy talk, but with all the crazy games today, it might have happened!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Almost crazy to say, but if we beat Weber, we are 8-3 with 2 wins against seeded teams. Might have been seeded!!  Again, crazy talk, but with all the crazy games today, it might have happened!!

How about instead of beating Weber, we dont completely suck against isu and ewu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KBH2010 said:

How about instead of beating Weber, we dont completely suck against isu and ewu

Can't argue with this logic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He matters not. 

But there are a couple he works with that do.

They all smoke from the same bong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

NoBowls final bracket has UND in and going to Brookings.  Winner goes to Fargo

http://nobowls.com/

I think they should be in with that win and especially after how solid that Montana st win is looking.  I hate that they have to regionalization this crap every year.  People would like to see SDSU crush an east coast team or at least see somebody different for once

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mj23 said:

I think they should be in with that win and especially after how solid that Montana st win is looking.  I hate that they have to regionalization this crap every year.  People would like to see SDSU crush an east coast team or at least see somebody different for once

It is quite dumb. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I think UND will be in after the crazy last day, and it’s probably 95% that we draw the bunnies, with the winner being fed through Fargo.  I think we have a shot of outbidding them, and if we get them at home we can certainly beat them.  I’m a little more hesitant if we go to brookings, as surprisingly enough cold weather football hasn’t been our forte......

SDSU with their qb out is much more vulnerable. I wonder if their stud rb will be back for the playoffs. Not sure what his injury was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hambone said:

I think UND will be in after the crazy last day, and it’s probably 95% that we draw the bunnies, with the winner being fed through Fargo.  I think we have a shot of outbidding them, and if we get them at home we can certainly beat them.  I’m a little more hesitant if we go to brookings, as surprisingly enough cold weather football hasn’t been our forte......

I know they try to eliminate rematches in the early rounds (particularly in the first round). With both UND and SDSU being a rematch for NDSU whoever wins, they may have the UND/SDSU winner going to UNI. That could be a bus trip also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I know they try to eliminate rematches in the early rounds (particularly in the first round). With both UND and SDSU being a rematch for NDSU whoever wins, they may have the UND/SDSU winner going to UNI. That could be a bus trip also. 

I wouldn’t mind having two MVFC cupcakes in a row to start the playoffs. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wouldn’t mind having two MVFC cupcakes in a row to start the playoffs. 

I don't think you would make it through to a third. Although those tunnel screens are scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't think you would make it through to a third. Although those tunnel screens are scary.

Haha.....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Looking at the bracket, I’m surprised we didn’t get paired with UNI first round.  Or....is the NCAA looking ahead, thinking they’ll save money in round 2 if UND and UNI both win and have bus trips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...