SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

This is what I feared when USD beat SDSU.  they will outbid us I'm sure.

I wouldn’t be to sure, in the past they haven’t had much of attendance in the first round.  
I think our bid was pretty aggressive 

Just now, ND1 said:

I wouldn’t be to sure, in the past they haven’t had much of attendance in the first round.  
I think our bid was pretty aggressive 

That would be great.  I was thinking that they have good attendance and would outbid us.

I sure hope we get to play at home but that 5 hour drive each way every week is wearing on my productivity at work :wink:

7 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

This is what I feared when USD beat SDSU.  they will outbid us I'm sure.

Are you sure about that? They had 3,000 attendance for their home playoff game last year and that wasn't even Thanksgiving weekend. They only had an announced attendance of 7,000 last week against UNI and half of that being there is probably generous. 

Also possible they may have also been assuming a seed and not put in much more than the minimum, especially considering they would be in the hook for the difference and a minimum bid keeps you at home when you are a higher seed.

UNI would be the team that we may get matched against that would have outbid us. 

• Like 1

I think UND will be in after the crazy last day, and it’s probably 95% that we draw the bunnies, with the winner being fed through Fargo.  I think we have a shot of outbidding them, and if we get them at home we can certainly beat them.  I’m a little more hesitant if we go to brookings, as surprisingly enough cold weather football hasn’t been our forte......

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Almost crazy to say, but if we beat Weber, we are 8-3 with 2 wins against seeded teams. Might have been seeded!!  Again, crazy talk, but with all the crazy games today, it might have happened!!

How about instead of beating Weber, we dont completely suck against isu and ewu

Just now, mj23 said:

I think they should be in with that win and especially after how solid that Montana st win is looking.  I hate that they have to regionalization this crap every year.  People would like to see SDSU crush an east coast team or at least see somebody different for once

It is quite dumb. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I think UND will be in after the crazy last day, and it’s probably 95% that we draw the bunnies, with the winner being fed through Fargo.  I think we have a shot of outbidding them, and if we get them at home we can certainly beat them.  I’m a little more hesitant if we go to brookings, as surprisingly enough cold weather football hasn’t been our forte......

SDSU with their qb out is much more vulnerable. I wonder if their stud rb will be back for the playoffs. Not sure what his injury was.

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

I know they try to eliminate rematches in the early rounds (particularly in the first round). With both UND and SDSU being a rematch for NDSU whoever wins, they may have the UND/SDSU winner going to UNI. That could be a bus trip also. 

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I know they try to eliminate rematches in the early rounds (particularly in the first round). With both UND and SDSU being a rematch for NDSU whoever wins, they may have the UND/SDSU winner going to UNI. That could be a bus trip also. 

I wouldn’t mind having two MVFC cupcakes in a row to start the playoffs. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Looking at the bracket, I’m surprised we didn’t get paired with UNI first round.  Or....is the NCAA looking ahead, thinking they’ll save money in round 2 if UND and UNI both win and have bus trips?

31 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Looking at the bracket, I’m surprised we didn’t get paired with UNI first round.  Or....is the NCAA looking ahead, thinking they’ll save money in round 2 if UND and UNI both win and have bus trips?

Yes, kind of surprised me we were paired with Nicholls State, this shows we were not the 24th ranked team. 
There is some regoinalization in these match ups, but not apparently in our case,  Louisiana is a long ways away.
The 24th team would of been paired with like the 9th team, and Nicholls wasn't the 9th team (in another words on the bubble for a first round bye).  
They also wouldn't match up and move #9 team to Bozoville for second round.

• Upvote 1