SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

These polls are a joke.  NDSU is not the second best team in the country not with the QBs they have rumming out there.  Noland would be lucky to make Mayville States  program.   Props to them for winning on Sat but they are a shell of their prior teams.

8 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

These polls are a joke.  NDSU is not the second best team in the country not with the QBs they have rumming out there.  Noland would be lucky to make Mayville States  program.   Props to them for winning on Sat but they are a shell of their prior teams.

So you got blownout by a "shell" of a prior NDSU team?  Interesting perspective.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, SlowHand said:

Strange to see UNI with the #1 defense.  Not sure about that one.

That is most curious, agreed. 

My pure speculation: Massey looks at how well a defense keeps opponents below their scoring average. Notice UNI is holding opponents nearly 27 pts below average (26.97). And that is best in FCS. < shrug > 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The UND team that showed up Saturday still fears NDSU and the coaches called the game that way. 

Lose the fear; give due respect, but no longer fear. NDSU is beatable. 

I was at the this game, the game in 2019 and 2015.  Seats close enough to see players.  I didn't sense the fear in the players, the coaches might have been a different story.

4 hours ago, SlowHand said:

So you got blownout by a "shell" of a prior NDSU team?  Interesting perspective.

My point was NDSU isn't what they have been the last decade.  Noland is atrocious.  Playoff game 2 minutes left down by 4, you trust him to lead you to a win?  They won because of their o line and despite the QB play not because of it.

On 3/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, SlowHand said:

Blow out? The score was 21-13 in the third quarter. NDSU added a couple late scores the made the game look worse than it was. 

Just shut up and go home. NDSU football is bad for FCS football in general, and although 3/20/21 was not the day, the sooner UND can knock NDSU off their pedestal, the better for all of North Dakota and the FCS in general. It will happen. Good riddance. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Blow out? The score was 21-13 in the third quarter. NDSU added a couple late scores the made the game look worse than it was. 

Just shut up and go home. NDSU football is bad for FCS football in general, and although 3/20/21 was not the day, the sooner UND can knock NDSU off their pedestal, the better for all of North Dakota and the FCS in general. It will happen. Good riddance. 

NDSU quickly made it a 28-13 game on the next possession (well a 7 minute drive). They kicked a couple of field goals after that because they wouldn't throw because they didn't have to. UND was fortunate Zeb threw a couple of picks in UND territory early in the game or it would have been a 4 score game at halftime. Zeb won't be the QB the next time they play next fall. NDSU may get knocked off their pedestal, but it won't be by UND. 

• Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

They kicked a couple of field goals after that because they wouldn't throw because they didn't have to. UND was fortunate Zeb threw a couple of picks in UND territory early in the game

Wonder if these two things have anything to do with each other... 

I'll agree they didn't have to throw, but I'd also feel comfortable saying after 5 games, they haven't shown any capability to do so.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU quickly made it a 28-13 game on the next possession (well a 7 minute drive). They kicked a couple of field goals after that because they wouldn't throw because they didn't have to. UND was fortunate Zeb threw a couple of picks in UND territory early in the game or it would have been a 4 score game at halftime. Zeb won't be the QB the next time they play next fall. NDSU may get knocked off their pedestal, but it won't be by UND. 

Yes, we have been given many a gifted turnover this year. Teams have been very accommodating in this new conference.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

A drive that benefitted from a 3rd down PI call, yes.

13 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I'm a biased, optimistic UND fan, but I'm calling it now: These two teams matchup in the playoffs this year and UND actually shows up to play and the end result is different. Then we will really here the "this season doesn't count" excuses fly from the bizon fans. 

*Will this happen, probably not, but I can dream.

6 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'm a biased, optimistic UND fan, but I'm calling it now: These two teams matchup in the playoffs this year and UND actually shows up to play and the end result is different. Then we will really here the "this season doesn't count" excuses fly from the bizon fans. 

*Will this happen, probably not, but I can dream.

We need to win out and we will likely have higher seed than NDSU or SDSU which would mean home playoff games.  Second shot in Grand Forks at Bison would be just fine with me.

3 minutes ago, SoSimple said:

You guys got yourselves a cute, little football team. Just keep trying and, by golly, one day they'll be a real football team.

Cool - thanks for the insight. Wonder when NDSU will get a “real football team”, cause they don’t have one either.