SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

............and you're "hockey-only fan"! ;)

OH God no. I haven't been to a football game in a while but I've watched every game they played this season. I've been working weekends at my job. 

The time for this game is just right. 

17 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was there too.  Was 14 years old and rode a bus from the KC club with my dad.  I remember them carrying someone back on the bus after the game.  He got a little too deep into the blackberry brandy.

I was in 9th grade, already had a ticket. Then the weather went to !@#$ and my parents wouldn't let me go. 

Should have told them them there would be blackberry brandy. 

29 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I find it embarrassing that we have to bribe our students with $5 tickets. Simply wow!!  

That's right, break the chain, no goodwill or support from Alumni to current students to help support the team, that's how to build a program and support.  Such a moronic statement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

That's right, break the chain, no goodwill or support from Alumni to current students to help support the team, that's how to build a program and support.  Such a moronic statement.

Well, he is a Bison fan.  So......

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I find it embarrassing that we have to bribe our students with $5 tickets. Simply wow!!  

I find it embarrassing that YOUR bizuns have to bribe YOUR students with $5 tickets as well.... How far they have sunk.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/11/20/football-ticket-information-for-second-round-fcs-playoff-game.aspx

bizuns.JPG

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Westside said:

I find it embarrassing that YOUR bizuns have to bribe YOUR students with $5 tickets as well.... How far they have sunk.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/11/20/football-ticket-information-for-second-round-fcs-playoff-game.aspx

bizuns.JPG

I think the difference being no one will be purchasing $5 tickets to give away to NDSU students because the general public will pay $40 to snarf these extra tickets up. 

• Downvote 4

58 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol like I said earlier,  that team was fat kids at prom.  No one thought they'd be going home with the crown, jr.

You're just full of excuses, aren't you? I would expect nothing less. Fact is that NDSU has yet to win a FCS national championship when needing to win a road playoff game.  

That point applies to UND in that home playoff games at the Alerus with loud noisy fans attending will help out UND football's playoff team chances tremendously. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I think the difference being no one will be purchasing $5 tickets to give away to NDSU students because the general public will pay $40 to snarf these extra tickets up. 

The students won't even pay $5 to watch the 5-time defending champs?  What's going on down there?

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Could this be showing students in a tangible way that other students are excited about going and making them suddenly pay attention and become the thing to do.

I think you may be right and I am hoping this is what's happening.  This may have gotten more students talking about the game and making it more the 'place to be' come Saturday.   If we have a rocking crowd with a lot of students and win the game, they may see how fun it can be and really help next year in the student numbers.  Or better yet, the following Saturday should it work out we got to host a second game if we win! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, AJS said:

3115 Currently Left, 646 sold in just over two days. If ticket sales remain steady, we should be looking at not much available for all sections not in the end zone come game time. Leaving only student / opposing team seats left to question. 

AJS - please do your magic count a thingee again.