SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

Final update for the night, currently 2829 available tickets on Tickemaster (now include opposing seats in 217)

12,283 Capacity, take away students 2122 and 2829 still available, puts it at 7332 non student tickets sold. W/ question being lower 202. 

After counting the seats on Ticketmaster that available now after the Richmond seats were released, here is what the numbers look like for tickets sold and tickets available as of this morning: (side note, these numbers are approximate, but still pretty close)

Tickets Sold                                 -      7801

Free student tickets given away  -       1000 (approximately)

So that brings the total up to 8801.  And that doesn't include students that bought their tickets outside the donation giveaways, the band, red shirts from the football team that will be in the student section, as well as the walk ups the day of the game.

Looking at the numbers, I am very encouraged.  There will definitely be 9000+ at the game.  Hoping for a big walk up crowd.  Anyone know if they eventually release the unused student tickets for General Admission?  People may be waiting to get those as well.

Looking good!  #FilltheAl

• Upvote 3

Didn't feel like reading through this thread but has their been discussion as to why this game isn't at 12 noon, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30...?

Just curious as to why we take the biggest home football game our team has played in  years and hold it opposite our defending National Championship hockey team playing in a nationally televised game in which we promoted and put together travel packages to go to New York City.

I am attending the football game but am more than a little pissed about the game time. When I first heard we were playing at 5 my first thought was that the NCAA must determine the starting game times since there is no way anyone in our athletic department would be dumb enough to overlap the hockey and football games unless they had no choice.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The game time was set by the NCAA. It's an NCAA tournament. The hosts do as told. 

The Bison Insider guys indicated the complete opposite of that on the radio today......*caught a little by accident, radio was on channel from Dan Patrick show earlier.

*I don't actually listen to that station other than for national shows.

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

The Bison Insider guys indicated the complete opposite of that on the radio today......caught a little by accident, radio was on channel from Dan Patrick show earlier.

That's because NOBODY tells NDSU what to do.  This tournament is just a coronation party for them.  Of course they get to set their own game times.  ;) 

So, you'll believe them and not me. Fine. Don't believe me; believe the NCAA.

First, second and quarterfinal-round games broadcast on ESPN3 may start no earlier than 1 p.m. local time. Preferred game times will be taken into strong consideration; however, finalized game times will ultimately be determined by ESPN in consultation with the NCAA

Source: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMFB_BID-FORM_1st-Qtr_pref_start_times_20161017.pdf

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So, you'll believe them and not me. Fine. Don't believe me; believe the NCAA.

Source: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMFB_BID-FORM_1st-Qtr_pref_start_times_20161017.pdf

Not really that far fetched that they give the #1 seed firs shot at start time and then give consideration to the rest based on ranking.  As the #7, I am sure we didn't have much choice.  I doubt that Faison submitted a 5pm start time knowing it would conflict with the hockey game.