SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

That's right, break the chain, no goodwill or support from Alumni to current students to help support the team, that's how to build a program and support.  Such a moronic statement.

Exactly, this is how you build an alumni base that is willing to give back when they are established and successful. Pay it forward.

1 hour ago, VMeister said:

I was in 9th grade, already had a ticket. Then the weather went to !@#$ and my parents wouldn't let me go. 

Should have told them them there would be blackberry brandy. 

Should have told them you might not come home. ;)

48 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You're just full of excuses, aren't you? I would expect nothing less. Fact is that NDSU has yet to win a FCS national championship when needing to win a road playoff game.  

That point applies to UND in that home playoff games at the Alerus with loud noisy fans attending will help out UND football's playoff team chances tremendously. 

Lol I'm not making excuses. They weren't very good that year.  Fun to watch though. 

15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Judging by Ticketmaster, the season ticket sections are nearly sold out and the sections outside the 20s are starting to go pretty quickly.  It's looking very promising to me.

The map is looking pretty good, almost nothing left inside the 10 yard line on either side.  I'm not sure if there are some other seats reserved for Richmond fans that still might be released yet or something, if not it's look pretty good considering there seem to be quite a few people who are wanting to walk up and buy due to TicketMaster fees. 

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am tired of hearing this rationalization. There are a lot of people who either cannot afford to go to NYC or couldn't make it work with their schedules. There also are people who cannot afford hockey tickets who probably could afford football tickets that we could get hooked on football if we just get them in the door a couple of times. Those are the people we need to target. Not just for Saturday's game, but for future games. There is a lot of untapped potential for this program when it comes to building the fan base.

Good comment, Also believe there's more than 1,000 going to MSG that might have gone to the FB game. That says a lot to the UND fan base. That's great to have a good turn out in the Big Apple, that's great for our FB fan base that we have a fan base larger than whats showing up at the Hawks' nest by another 1,000. This turn out Sat. might be acceptable, for the strides were making. REbuild FB comes 1st, happening. REbuild fan base 2nd, happening. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If I had to choose - I would be super happy if we won the game. I understand what you are saying though.

I'd be super happy too!!! and super super happy if also E. Wash looses and we get to makes this thread the longest in the country!!!! That one in a week at the Hawk's Nest could fill in some corner seats!!!! 

Just looked at the ticket map and it's looking pretty decent. The end sections have only sold a few but other than that most are damn near sold out. 211 is about 25% sold but that's next to the band so not exactly great seats. 208 is about 75% sold. 217 is about 80% sold. 202 is about 90%. Hopefully the students can fill their section up. It's looking better than we were thinking it would a week ago.

4 hours ago, The Hawk said:

I find it embarrassing that we have to bribe our students with $5 tickets. Simply wow!!  

Like I mentioned on here after my donation, it's also an investment to a future alumni who will not think much of the donation received now, but will remember and the seed is planted to do the same to others someday.

• Upvote 4

Just looked at the TicketMaster cart, to make this 12th man an all conference quality type player, this student section needs to get filled. Those seats are the most noise impact to the playing field, available.  The seats between to goal lines are pretty full, outside 500 to visitors? and student section? Fill those and we have 2,000 seats left in the 4 corners, of which are few are already sold. Anyone that can encourage a student to go, please do.

20 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

In other unrelated news, we need to get Bubba and the assistant's salaries up and in line with our peers.  Our salaries are a joke for being the Flagship U.

Completely agree. Salaries and HPC phase II need to be absolute priorities that Faison needs to get serious about ASAP. Conference affiliation goes along with this (my position of favoring Summit/MVFC is known on here I believe). 

• Downvote 2

Wow, looks like this might be a full house. Judging by how many seats are left I'd say people better buy now or you'll be sitting in the end zone sections or a SRO on game day if you take your chances on walk up tickets.

Everyone bring the noise. Let's get some false starts and help the good guys in green. 

Side note. Give Bubba a lifetime extension.

• Upvote 1