SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Attendance numbers for 2016 FCS Playoffs - First Round

This was Thanksgiving weekend so that played a big factor, but still, the numbers are pretty unimpressive.

Attendance     Capacity       % Filled        

St Francis @ Villanova            2059            12500              17%

Lehigh @ New Hampshire        2240           11015               20%

Illinois St @ C. Arkansas          3165             9000               35%

NC A&T @ Richmond               3281             8700               38%

Charleston S. @ Wofford          2605           13000               20%  

Samford @ Youngstown St       5322            20630              26%

San Diego @ Cal Poly              3356            11075              30%

Weber St @ Chattanooga        5238            20668              25%

I will be very surprised if there is any venue at less than 50% capacity this week.  Thanksgiving makes all the difference.

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Attendance numbers for 2016 FCS Playoffs - First Round

This was Thanksgiving weekend so that played a big factor, but still, the numbers are pretty unimpressive.

Attendance     Capacity       % Filled        

St Francis @ Villanova            2059            12500              17%

Lehigh @ New Hampshire        2240           11015               20%

Illinois St @ C. Arkansas          3165             9000               35%

NC A&T @ Richmond               3281             8700               38%

Charleston S. @ Wofford          2605           13000               20%  

Samford @ Youngstown St       5322            20630              26%

San Diego @ Cal Poly              3356            11075              30%

Weber St @ Chattanooga        5238            20668              25%

The only school that had more than 50% of the season average was Chattanooga.

People don't respond to playoffs until later in the rounds.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That's a pretty good number so far.

One week ago we were around 2K, so based on that alone I'm also pretty optimistic with those numbers with 4 days left. The main thing that stuck out to me was that only 738 student tickets have been sold. That's only 1/3 of the student section. that needs to change big time come Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Maybe this will help us all calm down about the attendance number on Saturday.  We'd all like it to be sold out, but if it's not it's not.  I don't want to be dragged down by people complaining about it constantly.  I prefer to enjoy the first home playoff game of the D1 era no matter the preferred attendance.

Totally agree.  If we would have had a first round game last weekend and attendance was 5,800....the board would have been lit up with 'Pathetic' chants even though it would have been the highest of every other game.  There is nothing wrong with high expectations, but we can't just look at NDSU, Montana, and UND hockey numbers to base our fan base from.  Comparable to other FCS schools we are pretty good.  I believe somebody else posted that EWU had 6,200 in a 3rd round game not too long ago and they obviously have some strong football tradition the past several years.  I have no doubt we can keep building ours and get to a rocking 10-11k plus crowd every game in the near future.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, AJS said:

One week ago we were around 2K, so based on that alone I'm also pretty optimistic with those numbers with 4 days left. The main thing that stuck out to me was that only 738 student tickets have been sold. That's only 1/3 of the student section. that needs to change big time come Saturday.

Would anyone living in or near GF be willing to get together,  pick up more student tickets,  and hand them out Wednesday somewhere on campus (wilkerson, union,  etc ???). Maybe others out of town would be willing to donate 10 or 20 bucks to pay for the tickets. I could do this through a PayPal account if several are interested. I'll be out of town Thursday and Fri so could only help Wed, but maybe others could cover the last 2 days before the game. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, sprig said:

Would anyone living in or near GF be willing to get together,  pick up more student tickets,  and hand them out Wednesday somewhere on campus (wilkerson, union,  etc ???). Maybe others out of town would be willing to donate 10 or 20 bucks to pay for the tickets. I could do this through a PayPal account if several are interested. I'll be out of town Thursday and Fri so could only help Wed, but maybe others could cover the last 2 days before the game. 

I would donate $20 if they go toward student tickets. Keep me posted.

South Dakota State has 8,400 seats still available.  Their overall capacity is 19,340.   

That 8,400 doesn't include 1,200 club seats, in which un-purchased tix aren't available yet and 3,300 student tickets, which they will get nowhere near that number.  

I would say SDSU has sold 9,000 tickets, tops.  

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I would donate $20 if they go toward student tickets. Keep me posted.

Apparently nodak nation has a ticket office in the union,  so I could just take the $ pledged there and let them hand out tickets. I think they handed out the previous tickets.  PM me with you donation amounts and I'll get it there tomorrow (along with my donation)

13 minutes ago, sprig said:

I'm guessing you could just call the student ticket office to set up the donation & they would handle the distribution of tickets.

I have been thinking about doing the same & putting in a donation for student tickets.

3 minutes ago, sprig said:

Apparently nodak nation has a ticket office in the union,  so I could just take the $ pledged there and let them hand out tickets. I think they handed out the previous tickets.  PM me with you donation amounts and I'll get it there tomorrow (along with my donation)

Or anyone interested in donating could just call the student ticket office themselves... less hassle for you.

If the football fans on here could each donate $25, $50, $100 or more (whatever amount you are comfortable with) that student section could be filled up pretty fast. 

24 minutes ago, sprig said:

Would anyone living in our near GF be willing to get together,  pick up more student tickets,  and hand them out Wednesday somewhere on campus (wilkerson, union,  etc ???). Maybe others out of town would be willing to donate 10 or 20 bucks to pay for the tickets. I could do this through a PayPal account if several are interested. 

I'll give $100, I'm in GF, bought 11 tickets earlier, but these for $5 are a steal. Get you the money however? 

Just now, Westside said:

Or anyone interested in donating could just call the student ticket office themselves... less hassle for you.

If the football fans on here could each donate $25, $50, $100 or more (whatever amount you are comfortable with) that student section could be filled up pretty fast. 

Much better idea than  having anyone that doesn't know me trusting me to get the money in my PayPal account and getting it there.  I'll call the office and donate and hope anyone else interested will do the same.  The number is 701-777-1373

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'll give $100, I'm in GF, bought 11 tickets earlier, but these for $5 are a steal. Get you the money however? 

How but calling the nodak student ticket office (see above post). I'll do the same

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but the biggest problem with free tickets for anything is that the person with the tickets has no skin in the game and the possibility of that ticket getting used is pretty low. It's 5 bucks those that are interested will find the money. If you ask a student if they want a free ticket they will probably take it but the odds that they will use it and stay past half time are pretty low. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but the biggest problem with free tickets for anything is that the person with the tickets has no skin in the game and the possibility of that ticket getting used is pretty low. It's 5 bucks those that are interested will find the money. If you ask a student if they want a free ticket they will probably take it but the odds that they will use it and stay past half time are pretty low. 

To each their own. For a $5/ticket donation it's worth a try to get more students at the game. Spending $5 is not much skin in the game either.

To purchase student tickets, call Caitlyn Marshall at 701-777-0256, office hours 10-6. I've already done mine. Nodak Nation will pick them up and distribute them from the Union ticket office.

• Upvote 3