SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

The Herald's numbers definitely make sense now, after seeing basically the entire section of 202 open up as well as a lot of 203.

Current count - 3032 tickets available = 7129 non-student tickets

and we know that there are at least 1000 student tickets distributed. So at least 8200 tickets sold. Add to that the band??

9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not really that far fetched that they give the #1 seed firs shot at start time and then give consideration to the rest based on ranking.  As the #7, I am sure we didn't have much choice.  I doubt that Faison submitted a 5pm start time knowing it would conflict with the hockey game.  

But... #8 seed SDSU was given a 2pm start time. Of course, they could've been given an earlier start time based on being an outdoor game in a colder climate. I would hope, if given the choice, that Faison would've chosen the 2:00 start over the 5:00 on a day where UND plays a hockey game with such high interest.  You would think the NCAA wouldn't want a home UND football game conflicting with our hockey game just based on attendance $. 

Like most NCAA matters, these start times are clear as mud. 

34 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Re game time ... the cynic in me says that ESPN knows that UND hockey is on the CBSSN, and are trying to cut viewership of the rival network.

The cynic is you is thinking too hard.  ESPN doesn't care about the FCS playoffs or hockey.  

19 hours ago, petey23 said:

The Bison Insider guys indicated the complete opposite of that on the radio today......*caught a little by accident, radio was on channel from Dan Patrick show earlier.

*I don't actually listen to that station other than for national shows.

I asked someone involved with the process about the potential conflict before the brackets were announced and was told that UND made it known to the NCAA. Apparently they didn't care.

As for what you heard on the radio, just like the rest of the self-important BS, take it with a large grain of salt. 

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Now that we "somewhat" have an idea the attendance (9000ish).....please everyone, be loud, be great hosts and most importantly...stay!!  Home playoff games are rare...take advantage and show the team support, they've earned it! 

Should be around 10,000 if everything comes together (nice walk up) 

I'd say the big unknown here is the student section. If an additional 1,000 students purchase $5 tickets today, and we have a normal walk up day from the general public, we would basically be full between the goal lines. That's the seats that impact the visiting players on the field the most.

44 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'd say the big unknown here is the student section. If an additional 1,000 students purchase $5 tickets today, and we have a normal walk up day from the general public, we would basically be full between the goal lines. That's the seats that impact the visiting players on the field the most.

Looks the entire student section is blocked off.

42 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Great turnout by the Grand Forks community! Can't say enough about the support they gave the team tonight. We'll need more of that next season and beyond.

To start the game the Alerus had the same buzz as the hockey regional in Fargo. The second half was a little flat but it's very encouraging to get that many people when so many went to NYC.