SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

33 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Not rationalizing, just know personally 15 folks that will be in NY that made most football games this year.  And those 15 folks have family and friends that went to football games because of those folks.  So just a 1st hand account.

I totally agree with the rest of your post.

My point is that if we draw 7,000 or less, you cannot blame it entirely on the game in NYC. We should be able to compensate the loss of some FB/MH dual season ticket holders for a second-round FCS playoff game with people who maybe haven't checked a game out yet. I just don't want the NYC game to be used as a crutch.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

My point is that if we draw 7,000 or less, you cannot blame it entirely on the game in NYC. We should be able to compensate the loss of some FB/MH dual season ticket holders for a second-round FCS playoff game with people who maybe haven't checked a game out yet. I just don't want the NYC game to be used as a crutch.

Has anyone even attempted to justify a sub-7,000 crowd because of people going to NYC?  I certainly haven't seen it. 

56 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am tired of hearing this rationalization. There are a lot of people who either cannot afford to go to NYC or couldn't make it work with their schedules. There also are people who cannot afford hockey tickets who probably could afford football tickets that we could get hooked on football if we just get them in the door a couple of times. Those are the people we need to target. Not just for Saturday's game, but for future games. There is a lot of untapped potential for this program when it comes to building the fan base.

There are a lot of people who cannot afford $25 for a football ticket. It's going to be fine. TIcket purchase trend is positive. Just seems confusing that there is more discussion on ticket sales than the game. It will be what it will be - 35 pages of discussion on attendance? 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

There are a lot of people who cannot afford $25 for a football ticket. It's going to be fine. TIcket purchase trend is positive. Just seems confusing that there is more discussion on ticket sales than the game. It will be what it will be - 35 pages of discussion on attendance? 

When will we know if we won vs Attendance?

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

First of all this is a thread talking about attendance.  Been going on all year.  Yes, there are threads dedicated to the game.  We are still talking about it.

Second, the reason that it is being discussed even more now is because we have all seen what a loud 12000+ crowd at the Alerus can do to opposing teams in the playoffs.  The crowd noise has direct impact on the game.  That's why many want to see the Al packed so we can add that 12th man and make it hard on the Richmond offense.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

First of all this is a thread talking about attendance.  Been going on all year.  Yes, there are threads dedicated to the game.  We are still talking about it.

Second, the reason that it is being discussed even more now is because we have all seen what a loud 12000+ crowd at the Alerus can do to opposing teams in the playoffs.  The crowd noise has direct impact on the game.  That's why many want to see the Al packed so we can add that 12th man and make it hard on the Richmond offense.

This game will probably be what....second highest attended playoff game in the Alerus.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I realize that it takes time.  Just can't figure out why it takes so long these days.  Being a fan of sports teams is important to me.  Unfortunate that maybe the passion that I had as a student isn't there for students these days.  At least for the majority of them.  I am willing to be patient.  Just feel like this team deserves a full crowd cheering them on this weekend given where they were 3 years ago and all that they have accomplished this season.

I agree the team deserves the support.  However I bet Richmond's team felt like they deserved a lot more support than 3,281 that was reported for their game last week too.  I would love a full house, but we are not there yet but we are making strong progress towards it. Let's wait and see the attendance numbers for this weekend from all the other FCS playoff games before we start the 'pathetic fan base' chant, that's all I would ask.  We probably do have the longest thread on attendance of any other team I bet lol, but that is a good thing as it shows that it is important to all of us which leads me to believe we will get where we want to be. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Completely agree with this.

Now, the question remains: What is the *QUICKEST* way to improve attendance so that UND can benefit from a tremendous home field advantage?

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree the team deserves the support.  However I bet Richmond's team felt like they deserved a lot more support than 3,281 that was reported for their game last week too.  I would love a full house, but we are not there yet but we are making strong progress towards it. Let's wait and see the attendance numbers for this weekend from all the other FCS playoff games before we start the 'pathetic fan base' chant, that's all I would ask.  We probably do have the longest thread on attendance of any other team I bet lol, but that is a good thing as it shows that it is important to all of us which leads me to believe we will get where we want to be. 

Why compare UND to RIchmond?

I don't want to sound too hasty, but UND should have higher expectations; just look at the facilities UND has at their disposal...

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

True, but tough for UND to get a Natty without a great home field advantage.

Fargo hasn't even figured out a way to get a FCS championship without homefield advantage .....

They haven't had to figure out a way.  

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

The last 5 years no, prior to that yes.  I wouldn't expect a bizun fan's memory to extend beyond 5 years though, as most weren't fans then.

They were the fat kids at prom the only other year they made it. 

Just happy to be there. 

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

about 900, plus however many were sold on Tuesday

Good.  I feel like 1500 students (not including the band) would be a solid effort, though I'm not sure what student attendance typically runs (I see the empty space, but I'm not a good judge of the number actually there).

Anyone know how the band factors in?  I would hope the school/foundation buys them tickets (and not the ones purchased by Nodak Nation)